12-21-2021, 01:44 AM   #3959
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscabra View Post
When your house only had one "screen" (not counting the ones on the non-Microsoft windows) and it looked like a piece of furniture.

Attachment 2769881
Heh-- my buddy had one of these old TV's in college (which was a notoriously dry campus). It was well-known in the dorm that his TV didn't work, which was the perfect setup to hide something in plain sight. He removed the top and reinstalled it with hinges, ripped out the electronics, and cut the glass tube all the way around so the only thing left was the actual screen itself.

Then he put a blender inside, ran the cord out where the TV power cord would have been, and put a ton of booze bottles inside the TV cabinet. When the RA's came to bust him for having alcohol in his room, they went *nuts* trying to figure out where he'd hidden the booze, mixers and glasses. They knew he was drinking in his room (which was a huge thing considering the school's alcohol policy) and spent literally *hours* trying to figure it out over the course of the school year. To my knowledge, none of the RA's ever cracked the code, even after several years of effort.

I thought it was pure, unadulterated genius, in a Wyle E. Coyote sort of way.

R.

Last edited by flybigjet; 12-21-2021 at 02:03 AM..
Appreciate 3
Buug95921301.50
cmyx6go16580.00
upstatedoc7527.50