05-08-2021, 10:22 AM   #19
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze View Post
...Those who have made this mod years ago — what’s your experience, have you ever got into any legal-ish issues? Like if you get pulled over, does it matter for cops if you have convex mirrors on the car? Or when you bring the car back to the dealer for oil change, are convex mirrors an issue?
As mentioned back in post #3...I’ve been using wide angle/aspherical mirrors since my 1995 525iT and I’ve NEVER had any issues with the authorities (aka cops) or dealerships.

Mostly, cops probably don’t even notice or pay attention to the wide angle mirrors nor that the “warning” is missing from the passenger side mirror...they are probably more focused on their own safety (not getting shot). And since it is not against the law to adhere a small “stick on” aspherical mirror (like the link Walt posted)...it probably doesn’t even register that the mirror is supposed to be plain.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0