02-02-2021, 08:06 PM   #84
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Getting to a destination with only 5% remaining would absolutely cause anxiety for me, plus I also wouldn't want to skip some comfort to make my commute IMO. Having said that, I totally agree with you that electric cars, especially used ones that have depreciated greatly, make an awesome car to add to the fleet.

I've been looking at 2018 BMW i3S, and they can already be had in the low 20's. This would make such an ideal car to add to my truck and M's, as my commute is only 8 miles each way, grocery store is like 3, restaurants are within 10-15 mins drive ect... I wouldn't even bother with a stage 2 charger at home because I'd want to drive the other cars too, while the i3 charges with a regular socket. If I ever get one (would be more interested when they're in the teens), I can also see it being the car I put the most miles in.

Crazy to think these Smart cars can be had for 6k though, that's ridiculously cheap!
range management becomes subconscious and i can gauge it at a glance. its not a big deal. my wife and i actually moved in 2018 and i'm about 6 miles farther from work, so about 12 miles more round trip. i was worried at first, but after a few weeks in various conditions, i don't even think about it. the number one, and by a huge margin, range reducing element is windy days. not a breeze, just strong winds. i take the m3 on those days if it needs to be driven, or i simply charge at work.

the thing i don't like about the i3 is most around here have the range extender. i want less moving parts and the gas generator on those rex i3's complicates them. other than that, i've heard great things. i'm just after ultra cheap transportation.