12-29-2020, 05:33 PM   #14
AccordTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i XDrive Gran Coupe M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMPOWERED View Post
As others have stated in this thread as well as many others across the internet, N63 problems are well documented. N63TUs (built 2013 and after on 650s) remedied most of those issues. I've had both an N63 and the newer N63TU. The N63 was a mess but the TU version has been trouble free.

Regarding the Alpina, I'm not an owner but my personal opinion is that performance wise, it a nice happy medium between the 650 and the M6. Most M6 drivers state that can't even get their power to the ground without spinning out. On another note, my personal opinion regarding the looks of the B6 is that it appears as if someone took a non M sport model and tacked on a body kit (which is essentially what they did). I also don't care for the large 'ALPINA' badging on the back of the car.
I completely agree on the Alpina body kit... the front is awful. Why they choose a non-m sport bumper and tacked on a lip with massive ALPINA across it looks completely out of place. The rear bumper I don't mind actually. The wheels have never been for me, I get it's their 'thing' but I prefer a more aggressive design.

It is sooooo easy to get power out of the n63tu, the engine is clearly detuned to create a gap between the m6. With about $5-6k in mods you can turn the n63tu into a 600+ hp car. With draggy a few of us are also starting to hit high 10s which is insane for a big heavy car like the 650.
Carbon Front Splitters
Carbon Rear Diffuser
Carbon Grilles
Powder Coated 373m Triple Bronze
CPG intakes
Arm catless downpipes
Arm charge pipes
Custom Snow Performance methanol injection
Custom exhaust, straight pipes to quad tips
Bootmod3 Stage 2
3.5 Tmaps
xHP Stage 3