12-12-2020, 07:26 AM   #3
Frupal
Mad Fiddler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 640i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree View Post
I have a 2016 with 27,000 miles. I bought it about 3&1/2 yrs ago (with just under 12k miles at that time). It has been out of warranty for about 1&1/2 yrs. Have had some minor things repaired. A door lock actuator under warranty, and upgraded PCV valves and hoses not covered by warranty (although BMW has an extended warranty campaign for some of it’s N63tu engines- mine was not included in the production date range).
It has been a very reliable vehicle. It is insanely powerful, can be driven as a docile city car, comfortable highway cruiser, or balls out on a racetrack. I like the exterior styling with the Alpina front fascia, and the rear diffuser with the chrome quad tips. The wheels are beautiful and classic Alpina style. They do require some work to keep them clean, and I have had a couple tires develop sidewall bubbles after hitting potholes. Probably no different than any other 650gc with 20” wheels and low profile tires. Discount tire has a road hazard warranty for tires that has paid off for me. I think it’s one of the best interiors in the biz. Soft supple leather everywhere.
With snow tires, it is as capable as any other x-drive BMW sedan that I have had in the snow. I put snows on it one winter, but not since. Ground clearance would be an issue for deep snow. I run all season pilot sports yr round, and have an X3 I use if the weather is bad. I live in Colorado, and if we get an inch or 2 of snow, I have no issues getting around on the all season tires.
I think it’s a masterful combination of performance, luxury, utility and style. I expect maintenance and repairs to be similar, but likely a little more expensive than a similar age/ mileage 650xi. As for resale value, I hope it will hold up a little better than an M6gc, or 650gc as there were not that many Alpina’s produced.
Feel free to PM me with any additional questions. Good luck in your search!

Well said!
Appreciate 0