View Single Post
      05-15-2020, 08:21 AM   #10
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Yesterday I had a few items on my to-do list taken care of for the car:
  • OEM M Performance Carbon Fiber Rear Deck Spoiler (51-62-2-327-610)
  • OEM M Performance Black Kidney Grilles (51-71-2-352-809 & 51-71-2-352-810)
  • iND Painted Front Reflectors (475 - Black Sapphire Metallic)
  • Comp Muffler/Tips
  • Replace Plastic Lip Spoiler Underneath Front Bumper (51-12-8-054-346)
  • Match front window tint to rear (20%)

I also figured I'd buy a simple black plate frame and some black sapphire touchup at the time I picked up the OEM pieces from my local BMW dealer.

Tint helped match up the look from front to back.

The dot matrix on both the rear edge of the front windows and the front edge of the rear windows is tricky to have seal up well but nonetheless an improvement in how the car looks I think.

Side windows & rear are 3M 20%, and I had the windshield done in a very light tint mostly for the purpose of reducing solar energy inside the car which was 3M 55%.

Given that the interior is black full merino leather, I wanted to take the extra precaution to reduce the amount of heat hitting the dash to prevent any issues with warping.

The black kidney grilles and the painted reflectors along with the new soft lip underneath was a huge improvement towards cleaning up the front of the car

* OEM M6 Kidney Grilles are for sale here

Out back, the addition of the comp mufflers & tips as well as the carbon rear lip really added to the refined aggressive look of the car

In closing I'm really happy with how these changes enhanced the look of the car. The side markers and door handle trims are still chrome and I initially wanted to black those as well.

But, now that the grilles and rear tips are black, I sort of like how the chrome side markers, door handle trims along with the silver in the headlights and badging at the back create a sort of contrasting beltline around the car to break things up a little.

I'd be curious to get people's feedback on that piece

Last edited by LJohnson32; 06-24-2020 at 02:53 PM..
Appreciate 1