View Single Post
      04-12-2020, 10:02 PM   #13
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBF650 View Post
Yes my little centre reservoir appeared to be empty too! Having not much to do I washed the car today and hosed the engine bay down to remove dust. I was checking levels and thought I would check this and to my surprise it appeared to be completely empty! I’ll take your advice and only use BMW coolant. I’ll buy some from my dealer up the road.
If this system is sealed where would it be leaking too? I know its not the main cooling system but regardless it performs a function to keep the charge intercoolers cool and the computers cool....or so I’ve read.
Does this system bleed back to the main cooling system or is it completely independent? If so could I have a leak I wonder or perhaps it has never been topped up.....
Thoughts
I'm pretty sure it's a totally separate system. It runs at much lower temps than the main system. I do not know where it goes. My car was CPO so I assumed everything had been checked. As time went by, I realized nothing had. My main coolant system was down well over a quart. The secondary system reservoir was also dry. So I filled them and then monitored the levels. After some air burps in the main system that required me to top it up, they have stayed pretty stable. So I don't know where it goes. I guess some just evaporates eventually.
Appreciate 1
JBF650116.50