View Single Post
      02-02-2020, 04:22 PM   #40
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Replaced my kidney grilles today. I lost one of the 10 slats in my pre LCI right grill last Sunday. Thanks to Frupal...got a new set at a great price (really appreciate the quick response and shipping). Wasn't looking to upgrade to 9 slat LCI grills...but hey, they fit and again the price was right and they arrived Friday.

It's been cloudy with ambient temps between low 20°F in the morning to around mid 30°F for the highs...and its been cloudy since December 2019. Today the sun actually came out and the high today (so far) is up to 55° F (it feels like spring...and I've seen folks walking around in shorts). I was going to put this off because plastic is brittle in cold/freezing temps...but since it warmed up today...I thought I'd give it a shot.

Got her done...and some pics below shows some differences between the pre LCI 10 slat grilles and the LCI 9 slat grilles. Not only are there more slats on the pre LCI grille...the shape at the top of the slats are different and the slats are chromed differently and the sides have a different color:
  • 10 slat pre LCI grille - slats are chromed on half of the front side...and gray on the other half which is also cut at a sharp angle toward the side of the slat
  • 10 slat pre LCI grille - side of slats are gray
  • 9 slat LCI grille - slats are chromed on entire front side
  • 9 slat LCI grille - sides of slats are black

In the 1st pic below...you can see my snaggle-toothed 10 slat pre LCI grille. In the 2nd pic...you can see the 9 slat LCI grille (top) compared to the 10 slat pre LCI grill (bottom. In the 3rd & 4th pics below...you can see the broken pre LCI slat placed within the LCI grille which shows a closer look at the difference between the two designs of the slats.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 02-02-2020 at 04:35 PM..
Appreciate 0