shagler
Private
Rep
Drives: M850i

Garage List
2019 BMW M850i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagler View Post
.... or I place the phone onto the lightning connector dock I described earlier.

S
Since I've described it a couple of times, I thought I would add a photo. The top part of the dock is from and old Twelve South HiRise and I simply added two small spacers below before screwing in a couple of small screws from the bottom of the cupholder into the dock. I also painted the dock from it's original aluminum to black. The photo shows it isn't a great job, but it's normally so dark down there that I haven't noticed.

Lastly, I had a couple of plastic curved L-brackets that I salvaged from an old iPhone holder and double-sticky taped them to the underside of the lid. This simply keeps the iPhone from moving side-to-side. They are backwards from their original use (rubber part is normally towards the phone), but I liked making it easy to mount the phone and the curves, together with my silicone case, work great.

For those curious, nothing changed with the lid, so it works normally and is usually shut when I don't have my phone charging. Also, the cupholders still work except for the fact that the L-brackets cause whatever is in the cupholder to lean forward...I am sure that I could change the L-brackets to something else and fix that part, but since I really never use the cupholders, it hasn't mattered.

S
Attached Images

Last edited by shagler; 09-05-2019 at 06:30 PM..
Appreciate 0