View Single Post
      08-31-2018, 05:37 AM   #13
JamieTailor
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 640D GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops395 View Post
I noticed within 500-1000 miles it got a little quicker. Engine never seems fazed whenever it's driven hard. Had the remap on since about 900 miles with the odo now reading 33000, feels stronger now than it ever did.

With mine from new I've had a dip in response at 2000 revs when I'm in 7th or 8th gear and it was like really bad lag, since the remap it's better but still there. I even tried a normal unmapped 640d and it was exactly the same.

Because mine's a contract car I've had to keep the RF's, I expected the rears to wear out quicker with more power but changed them at 16,000 with the fronts changed at 28,000. It's such a shame in the UK that we didn't get the Xdrive choice as these 6ers would be even quicker and chances are I would've kept the car after the contract ends.
That's really interesting. And totally agree with you there if we had the xdrive that would be an absolute game changer.

Slightly off topic but I'm due a service in around 1,000 miles did it wipe the map off when you service it?

I get so much tyre squeel when accelerating with these RFT I can't wait to get them changed!
Appreciate 0