View Single Post
      04-02-2018, 07:43 PM   #1
DeepSeaF13
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 640d 840Ci 840Ci 540iT 750iL

Garage List
Cool New 640d owner, help on exhaust and modifications?

Hello all, so I recently turned 21 and I treated myself to a '62 640d coupe, 50k mileage, deep sea blue, nappa cinnamon leather with comfort and active seats, hud, parking assist, reverse and surround camera, sunroof, 373M 20s, soft close doors, massage seat base (I think the official name is oscillating seat function), adaptive headlights, anthracite headlining, brushed aluminium surround finish, Sun Protection glass, speed limit display, fine wood grain oak interior trim and a few more I can't remember off the top of my head.

So first thing I did was take it to DD Coding and with the typical English weather it was pi$$ing it down and the car was very tail happy on the way, unfortunately I've got the CIC System so I was restricted to what we could do however I went with gearbox, engine, traction, fuel pump and steering update, m6 active sound, mirrors fold on un/lock, acoustic lock confirmation, seat belt beep 5 sec, rear drl enabled, dogs on with high beam, flashing hard breaking, digital speedo, DVD in motion, indicator and music on HUD.

With the actual car updates the car stuck to the road a lot better and genuinely felt like the car was tied together properly. Would definitely recommend, here's mine on his page

I will be going for a remap from MSL Performance in Birmingham as I've been following them for years and seen the work they do and they're very reputable. The remap includes before and after dyno printout with gains of approx 80bhp and 95ft lb taking it to 390-400bhp and 560lb ft torque... 60lb ft more than an M6 and 51lb ft more than an Aventador!

So with actual mods I will be getting the grill, side indicator and window surround in gloss black as my wheels are already black, carbon fibre splitter and v style spoiler, maybe if I have some change left over there is a lovely carbon fibre diffuser I have seen which goes with the standard exhaust and doesn't require quad exhausts or I might just go with the 650i diffuser and exhaust setup.

One thing I can't get much info on Is exhaust modifications. I want a more grunty sound outside but with minimal spending, any ideas would be appreciated. Image of the car here
Also now the number plate fell off so unfortunately my front end has a gorgeous clean look

Also that's my Arctic Silver 840ci with 44k genuine miles

Attached Images

Appreciate 0