///Mikey F80
Aspiring Hoonigan...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 ///M3 [MW|CB]

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski View Post
If you factored in the scale and cost that BMW can do it at it probably does give them a big commercial edge, even if they might not be the most technological advanced.

The i8 safety car has already shown they can improve the performance without any major re-engineering, and I'd be surprised if they couldn't squeeze the 4 cylinder in, perhaps with water injection...

I agree with you on both these points here, I'm not saying BMW is incapable or isn't in the top 3 of those with CF capability and research. I'm just having a rough time believing they are truly number and no one is better, and that they achieved number one status in only a few years of development where others have been in the game much longer.

In particular in regards to the i8 safety car, etc, I agree with you there too. My comment was directly in response to Mr. van Meel's statement that throwing a V8 in an i8 would be impossible and ruin the i8 as the halo car. A four cylinder like you said would be very attractive, but I doubt it would be considered a "supercar" by most. My main argument is that there won't be a BMW "supercar" for a long time, if ever.

///Mikey

"It's a yobbo, yobbo, yobbo... But we like that in an M3 don't we?"
-Chris Harris
Appreciate 0