BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-04-2014, 05:17 PM   #23
zoltans4
Private First Class
5
Rep
149
Posts

 
Drives: '14 650 coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: las vegas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devitocoke View Post
What's the point of this vs the M6?
Its basically like a hybrid. Build for comfort and exclusive options with the motor beefed up. Doing a Bently thing.....
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 05:46 PM   #24
Rich@GTBPerformance
Bimmerpost Sponsor and BMW Performance Guru
Rich@GTBPerformance's Avatar
227
Rep
4,409
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 JZB M3, 2000 750iL
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North New Jersey

iTrader: (20)

Now THAT will be fun to drive!
__________________
Email : rich@gtbperformance.com | Web : www.gtbperformance.com | Tel : 973 429 2839



GTB Performance is a supporting member of Bimmerpost and the BMW Car Club of America, NJ Chapter
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 06:12 PM   #25
Staszek
Schumacher
Staszek's Avatar
21
Rep
1,260
Posts

 
Drives: E38 740i, E93 M3
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

So this car is geared toward me. I want an M6 GC but I also want Xdrive. This is right down the middle, plus since Alpinas are rare in the US and it would be a DD this is the perfect car for me considering I already have an M3.
__________________

Euro Delivery Thread
///M3 -6MT
E30 M3 Sold, E36 Sold, E46 Sold, E90 Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 06:34 PM   #26
Superfluous
Private
0
Rep
54
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 640 Carbon Black M Sport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

M6>>>Alpina
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #27
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
183
Rep
13,832
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

iTrader: (1)

Perhaps this signals a plan to offer Alpina xDrive models to supplement M models in the US. Maybe we'll soon see the full range of Alpina B3/B4/B5/B6 with xDrive here. Well except the tourings and diesels, which of course means that there will still be room to want moar.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 07:09 PM   #28
AJM4
Private
0
Rep
86
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 (in progress)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Total boss car
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 07:10 PM   #29
l888apex
First Lieutenant
l888apex's Avatar
2
Rep
301
Posts

 
Drives: #30/740 BSM 1M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ashburn

iTrader: (0)

I thought this was a joke when the March programs came out with this car on there. I don't recall hearing any buzz leading up to it?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 07:23 PM   #30
TheBingoBalls
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
19
Rep
1,815
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i, R56 MINI Cooper
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous View Post
M6>>>Alpina
I don't know. The exclusivity is worth the 3k premium over the M6 GC. I'm assuming that the M6GC has a better tuned chassis for on the track but I can't imagine that it would be way ahead of the Alpina so I guess if you were to go tracking this thing, the M6 would be the way to go but if you're just cruising, I'd go with the Alpina without hesitation.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #31
///M3Owner
Lieutenant
///M3Owner's Avatar
15
Rep
442
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

I prefer this over the M6.. Surprised the 0-60 times on the alpina is faster also
__________________
2011 E92 M3 Metallic White Competition Package
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 07:42 PM   #32
Tracus
Lieutenant
Tracus's Avatar
10
Rep
572
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Now bring the bloody B3 in here!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 08:10 PM   #33
Shaw
Captain
Shaw's Avatar
Canada
22
Rep
994
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X5 35D (F15)
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW X5 35D  [0.00]
isn't this generation of 6 series almost past its lifetime to have someone invest $120K and suddenly have their car outdated when the next generation comes out in a couple years?
why have they come up with this car now???
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 08:18 PM   #34
Piotr74656
Private
Piotr74656's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
61
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i and E38 740iL
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
isn't this generation of 6 series almost past its lifetime to have someone invest $120K and suddenly have their car outdated when the next generation comes out in a couple years?
why have they come up with this car now???
I could be wrong..., however, if I remember correctly the current 6-Series was introduced in 2011 and a 2012 model year. It is still fairly early in its life cycle in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 08:21 PM   #35
Double Bubble
Captain
Double Bubble's Avatar
No_Country
6
Rep
684
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: States

iTrader: (0)

Beautiful... just beautiful
__________________
________
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 08:32 PM   #36
Piotr74656
Private
Piotr74656's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
61
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i and E38 740iL
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

I would purchase an Alpina B6 over an M6 in a heartbeat. I always though of the 6-Series as a grand tourer oppose to a sports car. A car that should be characterized by its road presence, ride comfort, high speed stability, and enough forward thrust so that the driver will never need to push the car to its absolute limit.

I really do not see too many 6-Series owners, be it an Alpina B6 or an M6, wanting to toss their cars around the track as if they were driving an M3 or a 911. In my opinion, the Alpina B6 has a road character that is very special and screams exclusivity while the M6 has a few extra ounces of performance that most owners will never utilize.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 08:32 PM   #37
Shaw
Captain
Shaw's Avatar
Canada
22
Rep
994
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 X5 35D (F15)
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW X5 35D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr74656 View Post
I could be wrong..., however, if I remember correctly the current 6-Series was introduced in 2011 and a 2012 model year. It is still fairly early in its life cycle in my opinion.
you're correct...but F10 as an example was introduced in 2010. The G generation will come summer of 2016. roughly 6 years per Gen?!
So the F12 will be due what...in 2017?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 08:40 PM   #38
djsaad1
First Lieutenant
6
Rep
328
Posts

 
Drives: range rover
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

can you pick from the standard options? Or are you stuck with what it comes with for $118,000? I would lease this over an m6, but I would want to pick out options like B&O, ACC....
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 08:56 PM   #39
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
JulieDriving's Avatar
30
Rep
2,308
Posts

 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Perhaps this signals a plan to offer Alpina xDrive models to supplement M models in the US. Maybe we'll soon see the full range of Alpina B3/B4/B5/B6 with xDrive here. Well except the tourings and diesels, which of course means that there will still be room to want moar.
Yes! Please, please, please........

Pretty please.

What a gorgeous car.
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 09:04 PM   #40
positiveions
Lieutenant General
positiveions's Avatar
Lebanon
114
Rep
10,529
Posts

 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
Love it!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 09:32 PM   #41
zoltans4
Private First Class
5
Rep
149
Posts

 
Drives: '14 650 coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: las vegas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous View Post
M6>>>Alpina
RWD>>>AWD
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #42
ZooMMM
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
226
Posts

 
Drives: Black/black E93 M
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek
So this car is geared toward me. I want an M6 GC but I also want Xdrive. This is right down the middle, plus since Alpinas are rare in the US and it would be a DD this is the perfect car for me considering I already have an M3.
Agreed
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 10:08 PM   #43
ChiTownM
Private First Class
ChiTownM's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
193
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3 & X5M
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

This is for people that want something different and special....like myself. It also seems to be fully loaded at that price. Agree with previous poster, bring on the B3. I had and have several Ms and am bored with BMW models in the USA.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 11:47 PM   #44
Sapper_M3
Lieutenant
Sapper_M3's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
575
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr74656
I would purchase an Alpina B6 over an M6 in a heartbeat. I always though of the 6-Series as a grand tourer oppose to a sports car. A car that should be characterized by its road presence, ride comfort, high speed stability, and enough forward thrust so that the driver will never need to push the car to its absolute limit.

I really do not see too many 6-Series owners, be it an Alpina B6 or an M6, wanting to toss their cars around the track as if they were driving an M3 or a 911. In my opinion, the Alpina B6 has a road character that is very special and screams exclusivity while the M6 has a few extra ounces of performance that most owners will never utilize.
+1

My sentiments exactly.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 PM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST