BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-16-2013, 02:41 AM   #23
Mester2slow
New Member
 
Drives: BLk E63 M6
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fort Smith AR

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Damn very SEXSiiiiX!
Mester2slow is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #24
Vic55
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AW F13 M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: THE Orange County

Posts: 1,876
iTrader: (8)

Ok I finally go to really open her up today for about 20 min on the Mexican Toll roads speeds up to 160mph and high speed bends at 120 plus; the car handles excellent. The roads I was on were very smooth so the car didnt feel bouncy but instead had that taut bmw feel we all love. With EDC in sport plus the shocks and springs combine to make a "coilover like" feel. You have movement up and down but its very tight with out excessive compression and rebound even on the parts of the road that had slight undulations.

What was awesome was the neutral chassis response I got as I pressed it in the turns vs what I feel in my F10 M5 (maybe its just the active seats LOL). In the true straights the car pulls but with not much bounce.

H&R got these springs dialed nicely with no handling loss yet a huge gain in the form department.
__________________
2015 Jaguar F Type R Coupe Polaris White
2014 Porsche 991 Turbo S Guards Red
2014 Audi RS7 Ibis White
2012 Audi R8 V-10 Ibis White
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Vic55 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #25
late apex
No Guts - No Glory
 
late apex's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M6
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Missouri

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
They have a very minor curve to them--- obviously 305's would be optimal but I kept the stockies so when they wear down Ill replace then.

The PSS tires are a more square type of tire sidewall wise so they dont look that bad vs lets say a Hankook or Toyo tire which already has a rounder sidewall. You will be fine with 295s.

On my M5 I went with 10.5's in the rear (HRE P44SC's).
Your M6 looks amazing! Are you able to get PSS runflats in 305 or just standard PSS? I'm thinking about getting an M6 and my first upgrade will be wheels/tires (20x11 rears). I want to get more rubber on the road with 305 rears, but wasn't sure what the all the tire options were.

I noticed you also have an Audi R8, can you give me a quick comparison? I currently have a 2011 R8 V10 with Akrapovic exhaust that I'll be selling to make room for the M6. I'm not really expecting the M6 to match the R8's driving experience, but since I'm unable to test drive one (currently deployed) I'm curious as to how big of a difference there is as far as handling is concerned.

Last edited by late apex; 04-23-2013 at 08:42 PM.
late apex is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #26
Scarafin
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M6 Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Australia

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

Could we get 305's on the standard 20's?

Scar
Scarafin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #27
Vic55
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AW F13 M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: THE Orange County

Posts: 1,876
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lean angle View Post
Your M6 looks amazing! Are you able to get PSS runflats in 305 or just standard PSS? I'm thinking about getting an M6 and my first upgrade will be wheels/tires (20x11 rears). I want to get more rubber on the road with 305 rears, but wasn't sure what the all the tire options were.

I noticed you also have an Audi R8, can you give me a quick comparison? I currently have a 2011 R8 V10 with Akrapovic exhaust that I'll be selling to make room for the M6. I'm not really expecting the M6 to match the R8's driving experience, but since I'm unable to test drive one (currently deployed) I'm curious as to how big of a difference there is as far as handling is concerned.
I run the stock rears: PSS 295x30x20... I would never run runflats as those tires are much heavier. You have a reasonable amount of options for a 305x30x20 tire but not in PSS... yet.

As for the R8 there is no comparo in handling- the cars have completely different characteristics and rightfully so. They are two different categories of cars. The M6 is the luxo gt cruiser that can actually handle pretty well with good chassis feedback, steering, suspsension but still is a big car and its weight shows in the high speed turns.

The R8 is a true handling sports car, much more neutral and solid in turns. The magenetic suspension is amazing but Im sure you knew and expected this. The M6 does serve its purpose as a GT cruiser and has its advantages in other departments over the R8 but not in handling..... ever.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarafin View Post
Could we get 305's on the standard 20's?

Scar
We can do 305x30x20's but the PSS is not out there. Scanning TireRack I only found Bridgestone's and Pzero's.
__________________
2015 Jaguar F Type R Coupe Polaris White
2014 Porsche 991 Turbo S Guards Red
2014 Audi RS7 Ibis White
2012 Audi R8 V-10 Ibis White
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Vic55 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #28
luigimaster24
Captain
 
luigimaster24's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F12 M6 & 2013 F30 335i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego

Posts: 992
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55
Ok I finally go to really open her up today for about 20 min on the Mexican Toll roads speeds up to 160mph and high speed bends at 120 plus; the car handles excellent. The roads I was on were very smooth so the car didnt feel bouncy but instead had that taut bmw feel we all love. With EDC in sport plus the shocks and springs combine to make a "coilover like" feel. You have movement up and down but its very tight with out excessive compression and rebound even on the parts of the road that had slight undulations.

What was awesome was the neutral chassis response I got as I pressed it in the turns vs what I feel in my F10 M5 (maybe its just the active seats LOL). In the true straights the car pulls but with not much bounce.

H&R got these springs dialed nicely with no handling loss yet a huge gain in the form department.
Hey Vic, did you take your M6 down to the Rosarito/Ensenada Mexican toll roads south of San Diego?

Those roads are nice to really open up the car and have beautiful scenery to your side at the same time.
luigimaster24 is offline   Mexico
0
Reply With Quote
      04-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #29
Vic55
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AW F13 M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: THE Orange County

Posts: 1,876
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigimaster24 View Post
Hey Vic, did you take your M6 down to the Rosarito/Ensenada Mexican toll roads south of San Diego?

Those roads are nice to really open up the car and have beautiful scenery to your side at the same time.

No I did not but have traveled that road many times.
__________________
2015 Jaguar F Type R Coupe Polaris White
2014 Porsche 991 Turbo S Guards Red
2014 Audi RS7 Ibis White
2012 Audi R8 V-10 Ibis White
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Vic55 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 11:01 AM   #30
vladberca
Brigadier General
 
vladberca's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 jetta tsi 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Craiova

Posts: 3,547
iTrader: (0)

Top class upgrades!
vladberca is offline   Romania
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #31
Vic55
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AW F13 M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: THE Orange County

Posts: 1,876
iTrader: (8)

Thanks guys for all the comps---- I am actually thinking of changing wheels... again
__________________
2015 Jaguar F Type R Coupe Polaris White
2014 Porsche 991 Turbo S Guards Red
2014 Audi RS7 Ibis White
2012 Audi R8 V-10 Ibis White
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Vic55 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #32
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Hunter5179's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago

Posts: 1,546
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Thanks guys for all the comps---- I am actually thinking of changing wheels... again
Nice... what are you thinking of as far as wheels?
__________________
2013 M6 Coupe SG, VSE 003's 21, Akropovic Evo Carbon, KW V3, AMS DP's, Vorsteiner Full Aero, Gruppe M Intake, Bel Stir Plus & V1 with HP Laser Interceptors, P3Cars Gauges, JL 2X12W6Subs, 35%tints.
My Thread:
http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=794659
Hunter5179 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #33
Vic55
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AW F13 M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: THE Orange County

Posts: 1,876
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter5179 View Post
Nice... what are you thinking of as far as wheels?
Well Im definitely doing HRE but maybe a different style of monoblok....not sure yet...
__________________
2015 Jaguar F Type R Coupe Polaris White
2014 Porsche 991 Turbo S Guards Red
2014 Audi RS7 Ibis White
2012 Audi R8 V-10 Ibis White
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Vic55 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #34
Scarafin
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M6 Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Australia

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

Vic you seem to have modded quite a few cars...

I was looking at the KW V3's for the M6. For someone who has never
used coilovers, is it possible to set them up to be as soft a ride as we
have in comfort setting now?

My local KW rep mentioned that the EDC controller for the M6 is currently being worked on, and they hope to have them out soon. As they come with 3 programmable settings, just like in our car, I was hoping to have a similar setup... just a little lower

Your thoughts?

Scar
Scarafin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #35
Vic55
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AW F13 M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: THE Orange County

Posts: 1,876
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarafin View Post
Vic you seem to have modded quite a few cars...

I was looking at the KW V3's for the M6. For someone who has never
used coilovers, is it possible to set them up to be as soft a ride as we
have in comfort setting now?

My local KW rep mentioned that the EDC controller for the M6 is currently being worked on, and they hope to have them out soon. As they come with 3 programmable settings, just like in our car, I was hoping to have a similar setup... just a little lower

Your thoughts?

Scar
On my 2007 M6 I did the EDC delete and installed KW V3's... I went with a more slammed look and ultimately lost a lot of function with the suspsension geometry being thrown too far to the extreme. I really like the EDC in these cars and the stock dampeners. There is something to be said about BMW firmness yet compliance over undulations in the road. I would only wait for the KW's if the EDC controller came out as you stated.

On the 2007's the H&R springs were not as tight as the ones on the F13 M6. I think they may have adjusted the spring rates with the chassis change. I really enjoy the H&R's on our 2013's.
__________________
2015 Jaguar F Type R Coupe Polaris White
2014 Porsche 991 Turbo S Guards Red
2014 Audi RS7 Ibis White
2012 Audi R8 V-10 Ibis White
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Vic55 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #36
Vic55
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AW F13 M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: THE Orange County

Posts: 1,876
iTrader: (8)

Ugly ass photo teaser of new wheels--- will get her cleaned up and reshot

__________________
2015 Jaguar F Type R Coupe Polaris White
2014 Porsche 991 Turbo S Guards Red
2014 Audi RS7 Ibis White
2012 Audi R8 V-10 Ibis White
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Vic55 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #37
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
 
the infamous...'s Avatar
 
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

Posts: 17,537
iTrader: (0)

__________________


"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
the infamous... is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST