BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-12-2013, 02:13 AM   #89
rev7400
New Member
rev7400's Avatar
Canada
7
Rep
20
Posts

 
Drives: 11' X3 35i M, 12' STi, 13' GTR
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Oakville, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

This is interesting. I have a 2013 GT-R and test drove and F10 M5 to compare when I was purchasing it. Must say the M5 felt much slower.

I'll have to call my salesman at BMW and set up a test drive for the new M6. Would be interested to see if the difference between it and my GT-R is as great as this video makes it out to be.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 02:28 AM   #90
DreamerM6
Private First Class
9
Rep
124
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F13 M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

LMFAO! Ill make more videos and lets hear more excuses. Im still waiting for you to inbox me, lets see how your GTR does against my M6.

PS: dont let me win like the other guys did.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 02:33 AM   #91
DreamerM6
Private First Class
9
Rep
124
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F13 M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev7400 View Post
This is interesting. I have a 2013 GT-R and test drove and F10 M5 to compare when I was purchasing it. Must say the M5 felt much slower.

I'll have to call my salesman at BMW and set up a test drive for the new M6. Would be interested to see if the difference between it and my GT-R is as great as this video makes it out to be.
Yes I agree, it does feel slower, and the M5 is a bit slower than the M6 0-200 1 second slower, but remember something very important : The lighter a car the faster it feels, very similar to driving a 250cc scrambler on a dirt road! It feels insane when it accelerates, but is in no means faster than a supercar. I remember back in the day my friend had a UNO turbo and we used to race, I had an E36 M3, and his uno felt so much faster due to the fact that it weighed in at 900kg or something..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 02:35 AM   #92
Topspeed
fast enough
Topspeed's Avatar
South Africa
0
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, GTR, 135i, Boxster S
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerM6 View Post
LMFAO! Ill make more videos and lets hear more excuses. Im still waiting for you to inbox me, lets see how your GTR does against my M6.

PS: dont let me win like the other guys did.

But I wouldn't stand a chance against your one of a kind M6 that's 150 kg's lighter than an M5 and traps 7km/h faster than the McLaren MP 4-12c in the kilometre at altitude.

http://www.citizen.co.za/citizen/con...MP4-12C-tested

Yours is indeed the fastest stock M6 on the planet. How come you're not commenting on the clip against the GT-R from a roll or the points I raised in my previous post?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 02:41 AM   #93
DreamerM6
Private First Class
9
Rep
124
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F13 M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspeed View Post
But I wouldn't stand a chance against your one of a kind M6 that's 150 kg's lighter than an M5 and traps 7km/h faster than the McLaren MP 4-12c in the kilometre at altitude.

http://www.citizen.co.za/citizen/con...MP4-12C-tested

Yours is indeed the fastest stock M6 on the planet. How come you're not commenting on the clip against the GT-R from a roll or the points I raised in my previous post?
Im done commenting on all your "paper facts", bring your GTR, simple, 123 done. Then you dont have to post 10 000 reports. If you win then well done, If I win, what will the excuse be?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 02:57 AM   #94
Rolitto
Second Lieutenant
Rolitto's Avatar
Lebanon
2
Rep
255
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Beirut and Canada

iTrader: (0)

Funny how some so-called BMW fans refuse to admit how fast the new M6 is.

First of all, BMW underrated its engines, especially the M versions. So the M6 is no joke and boasts around 600 hp at the crank, something to reconsider before watching the tube and saying Nisso GT-R this, Nisso GT-R that.

Secondly, if you check on m5board how the new M6 took the lead from Ferrari 458 Italia despite the facts that it started fraction of a tenth of a second earlier BUT had lots of wheel-spin.

Thirdly, if both cars are to be modified extremely, Nissan stands no chance. In 1980, the BMW M10 1.5 litre turbo-charged engine produced around 1,500 hp, numbers that no car manufacturers or tuners until now have done.

Conclusion: respect to BMW engines!

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 03:09 AM   #95
Topspeed
fast enough
Topspeed's Avatar
South Africa
0
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, GTR, 135i, Boxster S
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerM6 View Post
Im done commenting on all your "paper facts", bring your GTR, simple, 123 done. Then you dont have to post 10 000 reports. If you win then well done, If I win, what will the excuse be?
I'm done talking to someone whose argument is so patently flawed and littered with such inaccuracies that when faced with an alternate viewpoint (the 530 bhp GT-R race from a roll) that does not correspond to the outcome you hold to be true, your defense mechanism amounts to nothing more than a pissing contest,instead of responding using logic and reason.

Good day to you.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 03:36 AM   #96
DreamerM6
Private First Class
9
Rep
124
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F13 M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspeed View Post
I'm done talking to someone whose argument is so patently flawed and littered with such inaccuracies that when faced with an alternate viewpoint (the 530 bhp GT-R race from a roll) that does not correspond to the outcome you hold to be true, your defense mechanism amounts to nothing more than a pissing contest,instead of responding using logic and reason.

Good day to you.
THANK GOD!!!

PS: My invitation stands.. Really dont know why you just dont bring your GTR (if you are so certain it will kill my m6 - my guess is you dont even have a GTR) it should settle this argument in about 20 seconds.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 03:40 AM   #97
DreamerM6
Private First Class
9
Rep
124
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F13 M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolitto View Post
Funny how some so-called BMW fans refuse to admit how fast the new M6 is.

First of all, BMW underrated its engines, especially the M versions. So the M6 is no joke and boasts around 600 hp at the crank, something to reconsider before watching the tube and saying Nisso GT-R this, Nisso GT-R that.

Secondly, if you check on m5board how the new M6 took the lead from Ferrari 458 Italia despite the facts that it started fraction of a tenth of a second earlier BUT had lots of wheel-spin.

Thirdly, if both cars are to be modified extremely, Nissan stands no chance. In 1980, the BMW M10 1.5 litre turbo-charged engine produced around 1,500 hp, numbers that no car manufacturers or tuners until now have done.

Conclusion: respect to BMW engines!

AGREED! Why if you are a so called BMW fanatic, why do you HATE it when a BMW wins? DOES NOT COMPUTE! SYTEX ERROR!! WINDOWS BLUE SCREEN!

Get met a willing participant with a stock 2012 GTR and ill race him any day.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 07:17 AM   #98
Wideboy
Private
Wideboy's Avatar
3
Rep
78
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Malta

iTrader: (0)

big respect for both cars but GTR > M6, these are different leagues...
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #99
Topspeed
fast enough
Topspeed's Avatar
South Africa
0
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, GTR, 135i, Boxster S
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerM6 View Post
THANK GOD!!!

PS: My invitation stands.. Really dont know why you just dont bring your GTR (if you are so certain it will kill my m6 - my guess is you dont even have a GTR) it should settle this argument in about 20 seconds.
Ok, I can prove it, I have a number of vehicles, however, I just think it's really crass to make a spectacle of how many cars one owns or to gloat about it. That's shows a lack of maturity.

But will you be able to? Do you still have your M6? I thought you just listed it on Automart a week ago?

Strange, why is it for sale all of a sudden? I'd post the ad, but out of respect for your confidentiality I won't.

PS: Perhaps I jumped the gun. I should have waited for you to sell it and then asked you to prove it. Your ad should also mention that yours is a lightened version that's capable of outrunning a McLaren Mp4-12C in the kilometre sprint. Perhaps it will sell faster. LOL.
Just messing around hey. It's all in good fun.

This is a quote from yourself on youtube:

"STFU, do you think this video was fixed? I have a M6 (2012) and my friend has a 2012 GTR and I beat it everyday, 0-100 0-200 0-300 BMW WIN! SO SHIT YOUR MOUTH UNTIL YOU OWN A SUPERCAR OF YOUR OWN! FN KID!"

Last edited by Topspeed; 02-12-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #100
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
UnaBomber's Avatar
2
Rep
241
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 X5, 2010 GTR
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bluffton, SC

iTrader: (0)

modded full weight GTRs are deep into the 8s@160+

what are the modded m6s doing?
__________________
2010 Nissan GTR,TopSpeed Motorsports 4 Liter Alpha12
Motec, JRZs, HREs, Alcon SuperKit, Carbon Errything,etc
9.01@164 - 1357whp 1040tq Road Race Prepped Monster
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #101
Topspeed
fast enough
Topspeed's Avatar
South Africa
0
Rep
66
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, GTR, 135i, Boxster S
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerM6 View Post
AGREED! Why if you are a so called BMW fanatic, why do you HATE it when a BMW wins? DOES NOT COMPUTE! SYTEX ERROR!! WINDOWS BLUE SCREEN!

Get met a willing participant with a stock 2012 GTR and ill race him any day.
SYTEX ERROR? Did you mean 'syntax'?



This clips cracks me up. Skip to 0:15
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #102
DreamerM6
Private First Class
9
Rep
124
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F13 M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Yes I still have it, do you want a photo with a date? Whats your point? Thank you for the spelling correction.. Let me guess you are a teacher?

Oh so you dont want to gloat but is this not what you listed as what you drive "Drives: E92 M3, GTR, 135i, E60 M5....
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Africa" ????

I can make a very good profit on my M6 if I sell it for R1.4 and can get another for R1.3, so why not sell it? What does that have to do with anything?

When are you going to stop making excuses and come and race me?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #103
DreamerM6
Private First Class
9
Rep
124
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F13 M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Africa

iTrader: (0)

http://www.automart.co.za/cars/for-s...013-id-1009474

Here you go.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #104
j2m
Colonel
j2m's Avatar
Canada
48
Rep
2,452
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, Ab

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [5.00]
Nice kill!
__________________

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #105
Alex07M3
Colonel
26
Rep
2,101
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaBomber View Post
modded full weight GTRs are deep into the 8s@160+

what are the modded m6s doing?
every car can be in the 8s, just needs the right mods!
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, KW V3s, Michelin PSS 255/295
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #106
Alex07M3
Colonel
26
Rep
2,101
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideboy View Post
big respect for both cars but GTR > M6, these are different leagues...
yeah different leages on a track but on a straight line from a roll it's a pretty good match!
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, KW V3s, Michelin PSS 255/295
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #107
dmboone25
Major General
dmboone25's Avatar
United_States
67
Rep
5,419
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 F22 M235i/DUC M1100 EVO
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
This is one of the most entertaining threads I have seen in a long time.
__________________
Current - 2014 F22 M235 - MT, CWP, Premium, Aluminum Hex/Black Gloss Trim.
Past BMWs: 2011 E82 135 - LBM, N55, DCT
2008 E82 135 - AW, N54, MT
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT, ZSP (traded in for 135)
2007 E92 328 - JB, N52, MT (retired by a drunk driver)
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #108
Alex07M3
Colonel
26
Rep
2,101
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev7400 View Post
This is interesting. I have a 2013 GT-R and test drove and F10 M5 to compare when I was purchasing it. Must say the M5 felt much slower. I'll have to call my salesman at BMW and set up a test drive for the new M6. Would be interested to see if the difference between it and my GT-R is as great as this video makes it out to be.
A luxury sedan certainly feels slower then a raw sports car even with same acceleration, smooter suspension, extra cabin insulation and more confy seats all helps to make the ride feels slower then it really is!

I'm not saying the M5 is as fast as the GT-R but if it was, it would certainly feel slower!
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, KW V3s, Michelin PSS 255/295
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #109
Marioalex24
Lieutenant
Marioalex24's Avatar
Mexico
6
Rep
400
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (0)

Great video. ///M power
__________________
Future car ///M2
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #110
ToyotaBMW
Lieutenant
4
Rep
419
Posts

 
Drives: Whitetintedwindows
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolitto View Post
Funny how some so-called BMW fans refuse to admit how fast the new M6 is.

First of all, BMW underrated its engines, especially the M versions. So the M6 is no joke and boasts around 600 hp at the crank, something to reconsider before watching the tube and saying Nisso GT-R this, Nisso GT-R that.

Secondly, if you check on www.m5board.com how the new M6 took the lead from Ferrari 458 Italia despite the facts that it started fraction of a tenth of a second earlier BUT had lots of wheel-spin.

Thirdly, if both cars are to be modified extremely, Nissan stands no chance. In 1980, the BMW M10 1.5 litre turbo-charged engine produced around 1,500 hp, numbers that no car manufacturers or tuners until now have done.

Conclusion: respect to BMW engines!

OK So you want to look at the M5board results with the 458, but not look at the M5board video that I posted below with the M5 racing the older 485hp GT-R?

Switzer does a 1000hp daily driver GT-R and a race GT-R at 1400hp. These are mass produced DAILY DRIVING ENGINES. I believe the M10 with 1500hp that you are talking about was a F1 engine and not a daily driving engine. This is a huge difference as that M10 engine with 1500hp is only good for a single race and then it has to be rebuilt.
You are talking a whole new ball game and it isn't even fair to mention a F1 engine to compare with daily driving car engines.
BMW M6 modded can't come close to a modded GT-R.

That said BMW does build very good engines, but you have to give credit where it is due and the Nissan GT-R engine is as good and robust as it gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaBMW View Post
I am not calling you a liar. What I am saying with the dragtimes.com numbers which are actual timed races at a dragstrip with dragstrip receipts so these are not magazine numbers. These are what people actually did in the quarter mile. From looking at those times the majority of the GT-R's posted was faster than the M6 and we are talking about 1second difference here. So it wasn't that close. So even from a roll it would have been much closer than what your first video looked like.
That brings me to the conclusion is that either there is something wrong those two GT-R's or those guys didn't know how to drive etc. I am not saying you are a liar. That is the conclusion from valid timeslips.
What I am saying you may have won but saying that the M6 in general is faster than the GT-R is insane. GT-R has been shown to run with 911turbo's all day and unless you are saying that you can beat a 911turbo than I think your videos are exception rather than the norm.

That said you are correct that you beat a GT-R no matter what anyone else says even though there are many reasons why you won, but congratulations in the end.

Lastly here is a video run by the M5board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVBr4VmW1c0

That M5 didn't pull away from the GT-R like you did in the video.
This is run by the M5board so no biases towards the GT-R that is for sure.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerM6 View Post
Oh tanks for the video proving my point. The M5 clearly keeps up with the GTR proving 2 points:

1) If a gtr can do 258 on 1000m then CLEARLY the M5 can too.
2) If a M5 can run side by side with a GTR then a M6 will kill it because M6 is 150kg lighter than M5.

Have you seen new M5 vs new M6, the M6 kills it!

Do you know that a GTR without launch controls does NOT do 2.9sec 0-100 more like 4 seconds?

How about a M6 vs GTR without launch in the wet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerM6 View Post
Im done commenting on all your "paper facts", bring your GTR, simple, 123 done. Then you dont have to post 10 000 reports. If you win then well done, If I win, what will the excuse be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspeed View Post
I'm done talking to someone whose argument is so patently flawed and littered with such inaccuracies that when faced with an alternate viewpoint (the 530 bhp GT-R race from a roll) that does not correspond to the outcome you hold to be true, your defense mechanism amounts to nothing more than a pissing contest,instead of responding using logic and reason.

Good day to you.
Topspeed this guys video is just a marketing campaign for him to sell his car for more money.
If the video showed that the GT-R was slowly giving up ground at the last part of the race I would have believed the video as most likely the M6 has higher gearing, but from that first video the M6 pulled away from the GT-R like it was standing still and that is just pure BS. The second video is more accurate but still should be closer until you get to about 200+ then the M6 will pull away slowly.

Last edited by ToyotaBMW; 02-12-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST