BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #67
DiavelM3
4 Star General -Twilight Zone
 
DiavelM3's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 5280

Posts: 1,025
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro1 View Post
Nothing I need to get over. It's just a car and I'm stating the facts. You don't have to agree with me. You also don't know what I have. Oh yeah. Not everyone posts all their cars up. As a matter of fact I do own one and several other cars in addition to the m3. It wasn't a "good race" if the other driver can't drive. I don't street/drag race my cars, but I have driven the f10 m5 as well so I know which car is faster. I give some credit to the driver but not the m6 over the GTR. It's simply not a faster car. Post all the videos you want. I could do go on youtube and do the same.
Oh ok, so you let me get this straight:
1. You have a GTR but don't street\drag race your cars (even though there are race tracks and 1/4 mile strips that offer "legal" racing)
2. You go by what "others" post on the web and vids but not your own results so, everyone else's results, that beat a GTR, is null and void.
3. You claim it was a "bad driver" in the GTR, yet you don't have any vids or URL's of your own driving skill
4. You "own" a GTR and because "others" on the web say its the fastest then, it has to be

Does that about cover it? LOL
__________________
'12 Ducati Diavel
'06 E46 M3 (sold) | '97 325is - Dinan (sold)
'02 Z3 3.0 coupe (sold)
Past - '84 Ferrari 308 GTSI | '88 Ferrari 328 GTS | '05 Dodge Viper Copperhead Edition #180/300 | Audi S4
DiavelM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #68
DiavelM3
4 Star General -Twilight Zone
 
DiavelM3's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 5280

Posts: 1,025
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex.Devol View Post
How completely pointless to predetermine the conditions one car needs in its favour to beat another and then go out and film it, and on a public road! IMO nothing about that single gear rolling start pedal push can be considered a race, and there's nothing to brag about. Most of all this sort of thing should be kept on the track otherwise youre just embarrassing yourself and endangering others for the sake of vanity, next time you pretend to race a car on the street I hope you wrap your m6, your gopro and yourself round a tree at 230kph
.
Attached Images
 
__________________
'12 Ducati Diavel
'06 E46 M3 (sold) | '97 325is - Dinan (sold)
'02 Z3 3.0 coupe (sold)
Past - '84 Ferrari 308 GTSI | '88 Ferrari 328 GTS | '05 Dodge Viper Copperhead Edition #180/300 | Audi S4
DiavelM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #69
Aro1
New Member
 
Drives: 2008 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: TX

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiavelM3 View Post
Oh ok, so you let me get this straight:
1. You have a GTR but don't street\drag race your cars (even though there are race tracks and 1/4 mile strips that offer "legal" racing)
2. You go by what "others" post on the web and vids but not your own results so, everyone else's results, that beat a GTR, is null and void.
3. You claim it was a "bad driver" in the GTR, yet you don't have any vids or URL's of your own driving skill
4. You "own" a GTR and because "others" on the web say its the fastest then, it has to be

Does that about cover it? LOL
1) No I don't think you have to street/drag race to justify owning a sports car. I do track my cars occasionally, but as you probably know most GTR drivers don't. I know several guys that just use them as daily drivers. They are expensive to track for some. I don't make videos of myself driving my car, esp. not street racing with a musical theme.
2) I have done plenty of runs with my car on a closed road. Same with the f10 m5. No I didn't take videos and we were not racing. A buddy of mine does like to drag race and I've seen him demolish many cars in his lightly modded gtr.
3) I'm not bragging about my skills but in that video it appears the GTR is not accelerating hard enough, possibly in the wrong gear. M6 should not be pulling that hard on a GTR, esp a 2012+. Something is definitely off.
4) I own it and several other sports cars because I enjoy them. I don't have to street race or be a professional driver to know which car is faster. You are bragging that your car is faster which simply isn't true. You may have one the race but it wasn't because the m6 is a faster car.

That about covers it

Last edited by Aro1; 02-11-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Aro1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #70
Slops
Major General
 
Slops's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxford

Posts: 5,326
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Great to see a fellow South African on here whipping some ass
+1
Slops is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #71
Alex07M3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

Posts: 1,719
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 e92 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro1 View Post
Well aware of that, but I was referring to it's advantage times from a dig. However, "already moving" is relative. A rear wheel drive car while already moving can easily loose traction and while still moving if it has enough torque like an m6. A GTR is much less likely to loose time in this situation.

I wouldn't post a vid like this as I'm not a car enthousiast.
I corrected it for you!
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, Eibach, Michelin PSS 255/295
Alex07M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #72
Alex07M3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

Posts: 1,719
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 e92 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex.Devol View Post
How completely pointless to predetermine the conditions one car needs in its favour to beat another and then go out and film it, and on a public road! IMO nothing about that single gear rolling start pedal push can be considered a race, and there's nothing to brag about. Most of all this sort of thing should be kept on the track otherwise youre just embarrassing yourself and endangering others for the sake of vanity, next time you pretend to race a car on the street I hope you wrap your m6, your gopro and yourself round a tree at 230kph
Cool name, poor mentality!

Does anyone really wonder how an M6 would do against a GT-R from a dig!? It's like trying to see which flys better between a plane and a boat. Would you bring a GT-R to a drift competition against drift cars, no , why, because it is pointless, you already know the result!!

As for the street racing, get over it, you're on a car forum, every one does it!
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, Eibach, Michelin PSS 255/295

Last edited by Alex07M3; 02-11-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Alex07M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #73
AlpWhite11
Captain
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Irvine

Posts: 695
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to AlpWhite11
Aro1: why don't you post some pics of your supposed GT-R and M5...

You supposedly own an M3, M5, GT-R (and GT3 as you mentioned in a past post?), but barely participate in M3 discussions, and have never participated in M5 discussions on this site (judging by your past posts).

Sorry, but smells like possible troll in here.
AlpWhite11 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #74
Aro1
New Member
 
Drives: 2008 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: TX

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
I corrected it for you!
Haha. Good one. Very clever......not.

Not a fan of street racing....
Aro1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #75
RPiM5
Brigadier General
 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.

Posts: 3,887
iTrader: (0)

This is one of my favorite threads of all time! If I were you DreamerM6, I'd get a license plate that says, GTRKILR.

Haha!
__________________
Who's going to MPact on July 12th?! Woot!
RPiM5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #76
Aro1
New Member
 
Drives: 2008 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: TX

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09BlkSapphire View Post
Aro1: why don't you post some pics of your supposed GT-R and M5...

You supposedly own an M3, M5, GT-R (and GT3 as you mentioned in a past post?), but barely participate in M3 discussions, and have never participated in M5 discussions on this site (judging by your past posts). Sorry, but smells like possible troll in here.
Your smell sucks. I don't own an m5. It's a nice car but I did't really care for it as much as I thought I would on the test drive. Damn M cars are getting too big and heavy. I had a 996 GT3 many years ago. I have not been on here much in the past...so what. I'm not going to dig up pics and post them for you or anyone else...I don't need to prove anything. Believe what you want....I really don't care.

Also, I have been a member here longer than you so it's unlikely I'm "trolling."

Last edited by Aro1; 02-11-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Aro1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #77
grimlock
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 1,753
iTrader: (0)

This must be the worst comparison /video ever.
It's like someone took a video of their hamster fighting a gerbil and saying all hamster are better because his happened to win.

edit:shouldn't have commented - pls continue gentlemen

Last edited by grimlock; 02-11-2013 at 10:13 PM.
grimlock is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #78
Alex07M3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

Posts: 1,719
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 e92 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
This must be the worst comparison /video ever.
It's like someone took a video of their hamster fighting a gerbil and saying all hamster are better because his happened to win.
Yeah, good analogie, cause everyone knows hamsters and cars are both manifactured the same way! Good one cheef!
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, Eibach, Michelin PSS 255/295
Alex07M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #79
BMWFB02
Major
 
BMWFB02's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ///M3 E92 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The greatest country in the world

Posts: 822
iTrader: (0)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  33.8 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro1 View Post
Your smell sucks. I don't own an m5. It's a nice car but I did't really care for it as much as I thought I would on the test drive. Damn M cars are getting too big and heavy. I had a 996 GT3 many years ago. I have not been on here much in the past...so what. I'm not going to dig up pics and post them for you or anyone else...I don't need to prove anything. Believe what you want....I really don't care.

Also, I have been a member here longer than you so it's unlikely I'm "trolling."
__________________
BMWFB02 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #80
BMWFB02
Major
 
BMWFB02's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ///M3 E92 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The greatest country in the world

Posts: 822
iTrader: (0)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  39.3 KB
__________________
BMWFB02 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #81
crooked I
Private
 
Drives: M
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: canada

Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro1 View Post
Your smell sucks. I don't own an m5. It's a nice car but I did't really care for it as much as I thought I would on the test drive. Damn M cars are getting too big and heavy. I had a 996 GT3 many years ago. I have not been on here much in the past...so what. I'm not going to dig up pics and post them for you or anyone else...I don't need to prove anything. Believe what you want....I really don't care.

Also, I have been a member here longer than you so it's unlikely I'm "trolling."
lol gt3 is nothing compared to my bugatti veyron supersport and im not digging up photos either. my proof is under my username
crooked I is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #82
yeti2ride
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2009 328i Black on Black
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Waco, Texas

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for taking time to post the video!
yeti2ride is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 01:00 AM   #83
ToyotaBMW
Lieutenant
 
Drives: Whitetintedwindows
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Canada

Posts: 419
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerM6 View Post
Okay lets just get a few things straight :

1) 0-200 the GTR did not use launch and neither did I we just hit the gas (my bad, I see my post is misleading)
2) I never said that M6 will beat a GTR on 1/4mile in fact I said GTR is faster (with launch)
3) If someone calls me a liar surely I have the right to challenge him?
4) Age? LOL what on earth does this have to do with anything?
5) Yes I bought it myself. (even if i didnt, i still beat the GTR)

I see my one post got deleted, not sure why?

I went on to say the following: I used to love the GTR and considered buying one but the GTR CULT that became so stong under the fanboys made me start disliking the GTR. Simple reason is that the GTR fanboys who most probably dont even own a car are always so outspoken and nothing can EVER beat a GTR. Not the GTR drivers, the gentleman I raced was impressed and he is a true GTR fanatic, he congratulated me and said : Well done I didnt expect the M6 to pull away from me" Hell neither did I! But at least he was a sportsman and congratulated me instead of crying and blaming everything.

Excuses range from :
1) The gtr was faulty 2) The GTR made me win 3) the video is a fake 4) The gtr driver cant drive etc etc..

There is the video, go look at it again. I won! The end..
I am not calling you a liar. What I am saying with the dragtimes.com numbers which are actual timed races at a dragstrip with dragstrip receipts so these are not magazine numbers. These are what people actually did in the quarter mile. From looking at those times the majority of the GT-R's posted was faster than the M6 and we are talking about 1second difference here. So it wasn't that close. So even from a roll it would have been much closer than what your first video looked like.
That brings me to the conclusion is that either there is something wrong those two GT-R's or those guys didn't know how to drive etc. I am not saying you are a liar. That is the conclusion from valid timeslips.
What I am saying you may have won but saying that the M6 in general is faster than the GT-R is insane. GT-R has been shown to run with 911turbo's all day and unless you are saying that you can beat a 911turbo than I think your videos are exception rather than the norm.

That said you are correct that you beat a GT-R no matter what anyone else says even though there are many reasons why you won, but congratulations in the end.

Lastly here is a video run by the M5board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVBr4VmW1c0

That M5 didn't pull away from the GT-R like you did in the video.
This is run by the M5board so no biases towards the GT-R that is for sure.
ToyotaBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #84
tony20009
Brigadier General
 
tony20009's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

Posts: 4,250
iTrader: (0)

So when I first saw the title on the front page "...M6 Rolls vs GTR. And what did I think? I thought someone left out a punctuation mark and that an M6, a Rolls Royce and a GTR raced each other. LOL
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
tony20009 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 01:05 AM   #85
Nick E39
New Member
 
Drives: 2000 BMW E39
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: JACKSON MO

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerM6 View Post
Thank you.

2) did you know a F13 M6 0-200 is a second faster than the gtr? 11.3 vs 12.2
.
i think you looked at the wrong data sheet.
Lets say the description in the video is right, so the car has 542 bhp.
That would be an 2012 Nissan GT-R (Mk 3) .
http://fastestlaps.com/cars/nissan_gt-r_mk_iii.html
That means 0-200 is done in 10.6 s (and not 12.2 s)

or lets take as a fact that that car you are racing again in that video makes 0-200 in 12.2 s.
That would mean that it is an "old" gt-r with 473 bhp:
http://fastestlaps.com/cars/nissan_gt-r.html
(both 2008 -2012 Gt-R look almost the same BTW)

so almost 80 hp less than your m6.
And finally the video would fully make sense....
a 2012 should be faster than the M6, just as much as the M6 should be faster than the 2008 model.

regards,

Clearly you didn't read the race was from a rolling start and both had launch control OFFOFF. Not to mention all your all of your "data" is with launch control ON
Nick E39 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #86
DreamerM6
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW F13 M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Africa

Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

Oh tanks for the video proving my point. The M5 clearly keeps up with the GTR proving 2 points:

1) If a gtr can do 258 on 1000m then CLEARLY the M5 can too.
2) If a M5 can run side by side with a GTR then a M6 will kill it because M6 is 150kg lighter than M5.

Have you seen new M5 vs new M6, the M6 kills it!

Do you know that a GTR without launch controls does NOT do 2.9sec 0-100 more like 4 seconds?

How about a M6 vs GTR without launch in the wet?

DreamerM6 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 01:33 AM   #87
Topspeed
fast enough
 
Topspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3, GTR, 135i, Boxster S
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Africa

Posts: 59
iTrader: (0)

This is becoming childish. Why hasn't anyone posted the race from a roll against the 2011?



BTW, the GT-R that ran against the M5 was the 485 bhp 2009 model.


Last edited by Topspeed; 02-12-2013 at 01:52 AM.
Topspeed is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 02:02 AM   #88
Topspeed
fast enough
 
Topspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3, GTR, 135i, Boxster S
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Africa

Posts: 59
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerM6 View Post
Oh tanks for the video proving my point. The M5 clearly keeps up with the GTR proving 2 points:

1) If a gtr can do 258 on 1000m then CLEARLY the M5 can too.
2) If a M5 can run side by side with a GTR then a M6 will kill it because M6 is 150kg lighter than M5.

Have you seen new M5 vs new M6, the M6 kills it!

3)Do you know that a GTR without launch controls does NOT do 2.9sec 0-100 more like 4 seconds?

4) How about a M6 vs GTR without launch in the wet?

1) I know this is an BMW board but disseminating such inaccurate information cannot be left unchallenged: 150 kgs!. Try more like a 20 kg difference.

https://app.bmw.co.za/dws/VTS/servle...modelCode=LX92

https://app.bmw.co.za/dws/VTS/servle...modelCode=LX92

2) you do realize that was the 2009 485 bhp GT-r in that clip right?

3) You do know that the M5 without launch control does 0-100 in over 5.6 seconds right?
http://www.edmunds.com/bmw/m5/2013/road-test-specs.html

4) Asked and answered against the 530 bhp GT-R.


Last edited by Topspeed; 02-12-2013 at 02:19 AM.
Topspeed is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 PM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST