BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-16-2012, 12:39 AM   #1
DASF13
New Member
2
Rep
21
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Alpine White M6 - Pictures!

Few shots of my M6 today. Finally broken in and WOW...
Attached Images
      

Last edited by DASF13; 12-17-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #2
F12M6MD
Private First Class
3
Rep
121
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [0.00]
Great car! I have the Alpine White as well. Only 400 miles. I can't wait to push it hard after 1200 miles. I'm thinking serious about adding Meisterschaft GTC exhaust because the inside noise is not doing it for me. I'm coming from a 335is which had the sweetest exhaust note. Did you gather if anything changes about the car after the 1200 mile service (other than being able to redline it)?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
soldes
New Member
0
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 640i Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

That is one sweet ride, enjoy!!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
Jty421
Private
0
Rep
82
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Alpine White M6 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

Beautiful car!!!
I picked up an Alpine M6 about 2 weeks ago.
Can't wait til hit 1200 miles so I can really push this bad boy!!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
vladberca
Brigadier General
vladberca's Avatar
Romania
39
Rep
3,781
Posts

 
Drives: '09 jetta tsi 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Craiova

iTrader: (0)

Really great car & pics
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
DASF13
New Member
2
Rep
21
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F12M6MD View Post
Great car! I have the Alpine White as well. Only 400 miles. I can't wait to push it hard after 1200 miles. I'm thinking serious about adding Meisterschaft GTC exhaust because the inside noise is not doing it for me. I'm coming from a 335is which had the sweetest exhaust note. Did you gather if anything changes about the car after the 1200 mile service (other than being able to redline it)?
Congrats on your AW, haha the break-in period sure is torture, but I promise you it is definitely worth the wait. When I left the dealership I hopped on the highway for a nice long drive and all I can say WOW. As far as any differences noticed, I can't tell you whether or not the power was limited during break-in because I never tried to push her for the first 1200, and when I asked the master-tech if they were unleashing any more power, he said that whole "break in restriction" is a myth. Also, the exhaust is definitely getting louder. I think the biggest difference is in the exhaust note, when I first got the car it was much quieter than now. I feel like once you break 1500 miles you will notice the same thing, she will start to open up a bit as you are driving harder, exhaust heats up, and starts to open up. Additionally, I am getting the most beautiful backfiring sounds coming from the exhaust as well. Good luck with everything and be patient, you will be at 1200 before you know it.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #7
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
6710
Rep
16,676
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Stunning! Love the motion shot.

Congrats and enjoy the beast!!
__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #8
///M5Bruno
Private First Class
1
Rep
141
Posts

 
Drives: e60 M5
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

B E A Utiful!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #9
Grayblack
Lieutenant
Grayblack's Avatar
4
Rep
442
Posts

 
Drives: M5 F10 Space Gray
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Enjoy the new ride!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 12:46 AM   #10
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
the infamous...'s Avatar
United_States
433
Rep
17,533
Posts

 
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

iTrader: (0)

congrats on ur beautiful beast!
__________________


"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #11
badazzm
Lieutenant
badazzm's Avatar
India
7
Rep
543
Posts

 
Drives: RRS GT2
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (1)

Very nice!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #12
Andrew@IND
Colonel
Andrew@IND's Avatar
78
Rep
2,398
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (2)

Beautiful car and scenery
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #13
DASF13
New Member
2
Rep
21
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

It's all about the U baby! Thanks to all for the kind words

Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
congrats on ur beautiful beast!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #14
evanevery
Private First Class
6
Rep
142
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 X6M & 2013 M6 Convertible
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASF13 View Post
...when I asked the master-tech if they were unleashing any more power, he said that whole "break in restriction" is a myth.
Although I can certainly appreciate the effect of "wishful thinking", I do believe there might be more to the break-in "reset" than just just changing the fluids and resetting the mileage counter. I brought my M6 (White Convertible with Navarro Brown Interior) in about a month ago for the 1200 mile break-in service and here is what I noted:

1. The car definitely did "feel" more responsive and with more power after the service. Sure, this could have been a result of being more relaxed with service completed (and wishful thinking), but I can not discount my impression.

2. (More Importantly) When the vehicle was returned to me (post service), the service indicator stated "1200 Miles" to next service. (it had previously expired at 1245 miles). I pointed this out and they took the car back into the service area. About 30 minutes later I had the car back properly indicating 15000 miles to next service. Apparently, although the tech did reset the service mileage in the first attempt, it was not reset "properly". This seems to indicate that there are different methods to reset the initial service interval. One resulting in a 1200 mile interval, the other in the full 15K interval. So what else is different with these methods? Perhaps, its a little more involved to do an initial reset properly. That might also explain why it took about 30 minutes to get it done. It should be noted that it was the actual tech who was doing the work who took the car back. So it was not back there waiting for someone to do the work. Maybe they had to do some research, but it certainly looked like something more than just resetting the mileage counter was involved...

Just an observation for whatever it might be worth...


ALSO - You need to get some Gloss Black wheels on that White Convertible! IMHO: The alloy wheels get lost in the lack of contrast with a white car. I had my 20 inch 343 M wheels sent out by BMW to get re-coated in high gloss black. They look really sharp on the white convertible with a black top and tinted windows (35%). I'm in the process of installing blacked out front grilles, blacked out side vents, a black trunk M6 badge, and Alpine White painted front side reflectors (all from IND). We are also doing an Eisenmann Exhaust system (Gloss Black powder coated tips) and IND is going to recoat those pesky chrome strips on the door handles Alpine White. (All chrome must go!) Yes - Photos will follow as soon as its all done!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #15
DASF13
New Member
2
Rep
21
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
Although I can certainly appreciate the effect of "wishful thinking", I do believe there might be more to the break-in "reset" than just just changing the fluids and resetting the mileage counter. I brought my M6 (White Convertible with Navarro Brown Interior) in about a month ago for the 1200 mile break-in service and here is what I noted:

1. The car definitely did "feel" more responsive and with more power after the service. Sure, this could have been a result of being more relaxed with service completed (and wishful thinking), but I can not discount my impression.

2. (More Importantly) When the vehicle was returned to me (post service), the service indicator stated "1200 Miles" to next service. (it had previously expired at 1245 miles). I pointed this out and they took the car back into the service area. About 30 minutes later I had the car back properly indicating 15000 miles to next service. Apparently, although the tech did reset the service mileage in the first attempt, it was not reset "properly". This seems to indicate that there are different methods to reset the initial service interval. One resulting in a 1200 mile interval, the other in the full 15K interval. So what else is different with these methods? Perhaps, its a little more involved to do an initial reset properly. That might also explain why it took about 30 minutes to get it done. It should be noted that it was the actual tech who was doing the work who took the car back. So it was not back there waiting for someone to do the work. Maybe they had to do some research, but it certainly looked like something more than just resetting the mileage counter was involved...

Just an observation for whatever it might be worth...


ALSO - You need to get some Gloss Black wheels on that White Convertible! IMHO: The alloy wheels get lost in the lack of contrast with a white car. I had my 20 inch 343 M wheels sent out by BMW to get re-coated in high gloss black. They look really sharp on the white convertible with a black top and tinted windows (35%). I'm in the process of installing blacked out front grilles, blacked out side vents, a black trunk M6 badge, and Alpine White painted front side reflectors (all from IND). We are also doing an Eisenmann Exhaust system (Gloss Black powder coated tips) and IND is going to recoat those pesky chrome strips on the door handles Alpine White. (All chrome must go!) Yes - Photos will follow as soon as its all done!
Cant wait to see photos of your ride! and I feel like there has to be a way to find out whether or not there are any restrictions during the first 1200 miles break-in. I think for the sake of clarity, I am going to give BMW NA a call and find out. Will deff let you guys know

Cheers and goodluck with the ride
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #16
bulldog x6
Major General
65
Rep
5,022
Posts

 
Drives: x6 panzer
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: probably work

iTrader: (28)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
Although I can certainly appreciate the effect of "wishful thinking", I do believe there might be more to the break-in "reset" than just just changing the fluids and resetting the mileage counter. I brought my M6 (White Convertible with Navarro Brown Interior) in about a month ago for the 1200 mile break-in service and here is what I noted:

1. The car definitely did "feel" more responsive and with more power after the service. Sure, this could have been a result of being more relaxed with service completed (and wishful thinking), but I can not discount my impression.

2. (More Importantly) When the vehicle was returned to me (post service), the service indicator stated "1200 Miles" to next service. (it had previously expired at 1245 miles). I pointed this out and they took the car back into the service area. About 30 minutes later I had the car back properly indicating 15000 miles to next service. Apparently, although the tech did reset the service mileage in the first attempt, it was not reset "properly". This seems to indicate that there are different methods to reset the initial service interval. One resulting in a 1200 mile interval, the other in the full 15K interval. So what else is different with these methods? Perhaps, its a little more involved to do an initial reset properly. That might also explain why it took about 30 minutes to get it done. It should be noted that it was the actual tech who was doing the work who took the car back. So it was not back there waiting for someone to do the work. Maybe they had to do some research, but it certainly looked like something more than just resetting the mileage counter was involved...

Just an observation for whatever it might be worth...


ALSO - You need to get some Gloss Black wheels on that White Convertible! IMHO: The alloy wheels get lost in the lack of contrast with a white car. I had my 20 inch 343 M wheels sent out by BMW to get re-coated in high gloss black. They look really sharp on the white convertible with a black top and tinted windows (35%). I'm in the process of installing blacked out front grilles, blacked out side vents, a black trunk M6 badge, and Alpine White painted front side reflectors (all from IND). We are also doing an Eisenmann Exhaust system (Gloss Black powder coated tips) and IND is going to recoat those pesky chrome strips on the door handles Alpine White. (All chrome must go!) Yes - Photos will follow as soon as its all done!
interesting thoughts - post up those pics when you get a chance, sounds like your car will be set up perfectly!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 11:10 PM   #17
cartaa100
Captain
cartaa100's Avatar
Australia
10
Rep
714
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

congrats! one awesome car!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #18
///Megalomaniac
Private
///Megalomaniac's Avatar
Germany
13
Rep
67
Posts

 
Drives: F21 116i M
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Deutschland

iTrader: (0)

I find Alpine White absolutely stunning on an M6!

Enjoy it!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #19
M3 Esq
Lieutenant Colonel
M3 Esq's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
1,964
Posts

 
Drives: M3, 335i, X5
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

iTrader: (5)

Congrats man the car looks great.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #20
GTHAUS
Major
GTHAUS's Avatar
43
Rep
1,024
Posts

 
Drives: F10 M5, F30 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Wow! That is most definitely a crowd-pleaser!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #21
M_Power_Fan
Private First Class
M_Power_Fan's Avatar
Germany
5
Rep
106
Posts

 
Drives: the Ring
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

great shots indeed!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #22
24601
Major
24601's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
1,177
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 Toyota Prius  [0.00]
2014 BMW 750Li  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
beautiful car. excellent shots.
__________________
MY13 E92 M3 SS w/ ZCP l ZPP l 2MK l 6NR l 752 l M Performance Exhaust, Grill, Side Gills, C/F splitters

Sold - 2009 E92 335i LMB M-Sport
Sold - 2003 E46 M3 LSB SMG
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST