BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
dutycalls
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
48
Posts

 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

UK M6 Coupe with some IND love

Sorry for the poor quality pics, but wanted to show off my IND parts which really give the car the perfect finishing touch.

Can't comment on the install as my dealer did it and they said they needed to remove the front bumper. They had some issues doing the install as it caused some cosmetic damage which they then had to make good! Glad they did it and not me!

Parts themselves are great, OEM quality, well recommended. But mind the import tax if ordering from outside the US.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
dutycalls
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
48
Posts

 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

+1
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
dutycalls
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
48
Posts

 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

+2
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
dutycalls
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
48
Posts

 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

+3
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
PrecisionP's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
359
Posts

 
Drives: ATPC's
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutycalls View Post
Sorry for the poor quality pics, but wanted to show off my IND parts which really give the car the perfect finishing touch.

Can't comment on the install as my dealer did it and they said they needed to remove the front bumper. They had some issues doing the install as it caused some cosmetic damage which they then had to make good! Glad they did it and not me!

Parts themselves are great, OEM quality, well recommended. But mind the import tax if ordering from outside the US.
Nice! You actually don't have to take the entire bumper off to change the grill. You can loosen it if you want but don't have to remove it completely. If you have someone with small enough hands you can take it off with undoing a screw.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
E92LNGCGY
Major
36
Rep
1,262
Posts

 
Drives: F82/F25
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the great pictures.

Is that Silverstone or Frozen Silver? Can't really tell because of the crappy monitor resolution.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
dutycalls
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
48
Posts

 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92LNGCGY
Thanks for the great pictures.

Is that Silverstone or Frozen Silver? Can't really tell because of the crappy monitor resolution.
Frozen Silver.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
6741
Rep
16,680
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Frozen silver looks great with blacked out grilles!

This color was definitely my favorite on the M6 Coupe from the US Press Launch at Laguna Seca.
__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #9
///M5Bruno
Private First Class
1
Rep
141
Posts

 
Drives: e60 M5
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

This car is epic.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #10
Nate@IND
Nate@IND's Avatar
490
Rep
10,449
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (19)

Super clean! Thanks again
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2012, 06:03 PM   #11
JSCO
Brigadier General
JSCO's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
49
Rep
3,237
Posts

 
Drives: SLOW
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: United Arab Emirates

iTrader: (3)

def need more pics..what a beauty!!
__________________

"March 2012 Car of the Month"
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=644184
RIP!! SOLD AUG 2012
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #12
dutycalls
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
48
Posts

 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the positive comments guys. If and when there is a break in the classically wet British weather, I'll try and post some more pictures.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #13
6fws
New Member
0
Rep
25
Posts

 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Love the color! I had considered a frozen color myself (frozen grey), but figured that cleaning would be a pita. Any experience with that so far?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #14
dutycalls
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
48
Posts

 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fws
Love the color! I had considered a frozen color myself (frozen grey), but figured that cleaning would be a pita. Any experience with that so far?
No major difficulties so far.

The problem I've found is there is a tendency to be more "paranoid" about trying to keep the car clean. There can be small spots (perhaps tar) that are tricky to get off as you are expressly warned not to apply too much pressure when rubbing/cleaning the paint. So you are always double guessing yourself on how to get the best/safest cleaning result.

For me it's worth it as this is not my every day car, but I think perhaps would become a pain (mentally more than actual) for those using the car day in day out and who are as fussy as me about their finish.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #15
6fws
New Member
0
Rep
25
Posts

 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutycalls View Post
No major difficulties so far.

The problem I've found is there is a tendency to be more "paranoid" about trying to keep the car clean. There can be small spots (perhaps tar) that are tricky to get off as you are expressly warned not to apply too much pressure when rubbing/cleaning the paint. So you are always double guessing yourself on how to get the best/safest cleaning result.

For me it's worth it as this is not my every day car, but I think perhaps would become a pain (mentally more than actual) for those using the car day in day out and who are as fussy as me about their finish.
What happens to be your daily driver, then?

I can relate as I'm pretty anal about the finish myself, so frozen was a no-go for me (I chose white)
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #16
dutycalls
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
48
Posts

 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fws
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutycalls View Post
No major difficulties so far.

The problem I've found is there is a tendency to be more "paranoid" about trying to keep the car clean. There can be small spots (perhaps tar) that are tricky to get off as you are expressly warned not to apply too much pressure when rubbing/cleaning the paint. So you are always double guessing yourself on how to get the best/safest cleaning result.

For me it's worth it as this is not my every day car, but I think perhaps would become a pain (mentally more than actual) for those using the car day in day out and who are as fussy as me about their finish.
What happens to be your daily driver, then?

I can relate as I'm pretty anal about the finish myself, so frozen was a no-go for me (I chose white)
M-sport 3 series day in day out.

White is always a standout color, good choice and I think light colors suit this shape far better than the darker tones.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 PM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST