BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      09-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
Antny74
New Member
 
Drives: F13 M6 Space Gray
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

2013 M6 Coupe Dilemma

This is my first post on this forum so first off, hello to a great community.

I ordered a 2013 M6 Coupe about 4 weeks ago when my dealer had one allocation left on the car for this year. The car was supposed to go into production the following Monday after I had spec'd the car. I specifically chose *Space Gray. The dealer called me the other day to tell me that the car still has not gone into production and I will not be able to take delivery until the end of the year, which does not work for me. There are however several cars already for sale here in the US. I do not like white, orange, or black ... thoughts on Singapore Gray? It looks pretty dark in most of the photos I have seen online. I wish there was something a little more "uniquely" colored currently on the market.
Antny74 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
 
PrecisionP's Avatar
 
Drives: ATPC's
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: US

Posts: 359
iTrader: (0)

Singapore grey is a color that looks dark in low light and bluish in direct sunlight. In the link it's M5's but you can see the many "faces" of SG. But at the top you can see pics of many of the other colors in various lights. Enjoy. http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=610110
__________________
PrecisionP is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
RufussCkingston
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: F13 BMW M6 / E71 BMW X6 50i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antny74 View Post
This is my first post on this forum so first off, hello to a great community.

I ordered a 2013 M6 Coupe about 4 weeks ago when my dealer had one allocation left on the car for this year. The car was supposed to go into production the following Monday after I had spec'd the car. I specifically chose *Space Gray. The dealer called me the other day to tell me that the car still has not gone into production and I will not be able to take delivery until the end of the year, which does not work for me.

which dealer is this since it says you are in vegas.... I ordered week 40 production.

Also, the singapore greys that are already stateside don't have B+O installed.

RCK
RufussCkingston is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
Antny74
New Member
 
Drives: F13 M6 Space Gray
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufussCkingston View Post
which dealer is this since it says you are in vegas.... I ordered week 40 production.

Also, the singapore greys that are already stateside don't have B+O installed.

RCK
Desert BMW ... Thanks for the info about the BO, I did not know that. I made sure to tick that box off on my build.

As much as I try to like Singapore I cannot say that I like it better than Space Grey even after looking at all of the M5 photos
Antny74 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2012, 01:58 AM   #5
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
 
PrecisionP's Avatar
 
Drives: ATPC's
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: US

Posts: 359
iTrader: (0)

The frozen gray looks hot on the m6. http://www.6post.com/forums/showthre...ht=frozen+grey
__________________
PrecisionP is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2012, 01:59 AM   #6
RufussCkingston
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: F13 BMW M6 / E71 BMW X6 50i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Did you get a production number for the car you "ordered"?
RufussCkingston is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2012, 06:18 AM   #7
RufussCkingston
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: F13 BMW M6 / E71 BMW X6 50i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

And did you put down a deposit?
RufussCkingston is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #8
Antny74
New Member
 
Drives: F13 M6 Space Gray
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufussCkingston View Post
And did you put down a deposit?
I do have a production number

I did not put down a deposit. When I went in, they said that they had one spot left on a dealer allocation so they let me build a car.
Antny74 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #9
RufussCkingston
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: F13 BMW M6 / E71 BMW X6 50i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antny74 View Post
I do have a production number

I did not put down a deposit. When I went in, they said that they had one spot left on a dealer allocation so they let me build a car.
Does your production number end in 21 ?
RufussCkingston is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #10
Antny74
New Member
 
Drives: F13 M6 Space Gray
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionP View Post
The frozen gray looks hot on the m6. http://www.6post.com/forums/showthre...ht=frozen+grey
love the frozen gray, the only problem is daily use with a frozen color, not so good if something happens to it and it does not have satin guard over it, but beautiful nonetheless
Antny74 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #11
Antny74
New Member
 
Drives: F13 M6 Space Gray
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufussCkingston View Post
Does your production number end in 21 ?
it ends in 13
Antny74 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #12
jopa489
BMW/Detailing Addict
 
jopa489's Avatar
 
Drives: Estoril F30 335i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New England

Posts: 6,561
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antny74 View Post
This is my first post on this forum so first off, hello to a great community.

I ordered a 2013 M6 Coupe about 4 weeks ago when my dealer had one allocation left on the car for this year. The car was supposed to go into production the following Monday after I had spec'd the car. I specifically chose *Space Gray. The dealer called me the other day to tell me that the car still has not gone into production and I will not be able to take delivery until the end of the year, which does not work for me. There are however several cars already for sale here in the US. I do not like white, orange, or black ... thoughts on Singapore Gray? It looks pretty dark in most of the photos I have seen online. I wish there was something a little more "uniquely" colored currently on the market.
Here is one of our new F12 Singapore Gray M6. I can take better shots if you want, this was from delivery. The color changes a lot depending on the light, it's really nice.

__________________

jopa489 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #13
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
 
PrecisionP's Avatar
 
Drives: ATPC's
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: US

Posts: 359
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa489 View Post
Here is one of our new F12 Singapore Gray M6. I can take better shots if you want, this was from delivery. The color changes a lot depending on the light, it's really nice.

Thats my car! If you can take a nice good side shot I would appreciate. I have some rim photoshop(ing) to do. That is the first coupe I have seen.
__________________
PrecisionP is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #14
Antny74
New Member
 
Drives: F13 M6 Space Gray
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa489 View Post
Here is one of our new F12 Singapore Gray M6. I can take better shots if you want, this was from delivery. The color changes a lot depending on the light, it's really nice.

Looks great don't get me wrong, however I feel that it hides the lines of the car too much, but something like this!
(even though it's frozen you get the idea

Antny74 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #15
Antny74
New Member
 
Drives: F13 M6 Space Gray
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antny74 View Post
it ends in 13
What do the two end numbers mean in regards to the cars production number?
Antny74 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #16
jopa489
BMW/Detailing Addict
 
jopa489's Avatar
 
Drives: Estoril F30 335i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New England

Posts: 6,561
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionP View Post
Thats my car! If you can take a nice good side shot I would appreciate. I have some rim photoshop(ing) to do. That is the first coupe I have seen.
You got it man. It's raining here today so it's tucked in the garage, but I'll snap some pictures for you tomorrow. Just picked it up Friday, too soon to get it dirty.
__________________

jopa489 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #17
kingoyejordan
Private
 
Drives: Citrin Black F13 Vert
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

Are any of the frozen paints available for the US cars??
kingoyejordan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #18
RufussCkingston
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: F13 BMW M6 / E71 BMW X6 50i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antny74 View Post
What do the two end numbers mean in regards to the cars production number?
Was just checking to see if they gave me your slot

Don't know why yours would not go into production unless they just gave it to someone else. Maybe they traded it to another dealer.

RCK
RufussCkingston is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #19
Antny74
New Member
 
Drives: F13 M6 Space Gray
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufussCkingston View Post
Was just checking to see if they gave me your slot

Don't know why yours would not go into production unless they just gave it to someone else. Maybe they traded it to another dealer.

RCK
No I'm tracking the car, but no updates.
Antny74 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #20
Antny74
New Member
 
Drives: F13 M6 Space Gray
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoyejordan View Post
Are any of the frozen paints available for the US cars??
you can special order them
Antny74 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #21
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
 
PrecisionP's Avatar
 
Drives: ATPC's
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: US

Posts: 359
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa489 View Post
You got it man. It's raining here today so it's tucked in the garage, but I'll snap some pictures for you tomorrow. Just picked it up Friday, too soon to get it dirty.
No doubt, gotta keep it clean. Also i need those LED's so if yall ever want to give the car a different look i will be more than willing to trade out out my headlamps. lol
__________________
PrecisionP is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST