BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      11-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
 
Drives: 2012 M3 ZCP(sold)650 Msport CP
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South FL

Posts: 202
iTrader: (0)

Just got a new '14 Coupe

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Just got this a few days. My wife surprised me with it

Totally different than my M3...roomier and doesnt feel any slower that I can notice, although I haven't really had much seat time in it due to having caught the cold and just having no time to enjoy it yet.

Some quick pics:





Got it tinted already and had an XPEL kit put on. Getting my roof vinyl wrapped gloss black this weekend and possibly the side gills.

Already swapped out the front chrome grills. Thinking of powdercoating the wheels gloss black too, but the process is harder than I thought it would be.

I would have to just bring my wheels in...don't know how I could do that since I don't have any spares wheels tires to drive on in the meantime. Don't want my car sitting on blocks for a week. Maybe I'll just Plasti Dip them...but I would really prefer the gloss black look to go with the other accents that are gloss black.

Thanks for looking!
Zack G. is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #2
southern6er22
Southern6er22
 
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Alabama

Posts: 818
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Congrats and welcome to the club!
southern6er22 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #3
wzj519
Captain
 
Drives: 650 Gran coupe M sport Edition
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 649
iTrader: (0)

Nice colour choice. AW looks awesome on coupe.
__________________
2013 650 GC Xi m sport Mods: Carbon fibre roof wrap
M performance front grills M performance pedals
carbon fibre rear spoiler carbon fibre side mirror covers IND gross black side markers / front colour matched reflectors. Hamman front lip spoiler ACS springs BMS ECU tuning
wzj519 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #4
wzj519
Captain
 
Drives: 650 Gran coupe M sport Edition
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 649
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22 View Post
Congrats and welcome to the club!
Hey Sounthern, I thought you left our family already. Glad to see you post something here.
__________________
2013 650 GC Xi m sport Mods: Carbon fibre roof wrap
M performance front grills M performance pedals
carbon fibre rear spoiler carbon fibre side mirror covers IND gross black side markers / front colour matched reflectors. Hamman front lip spoiler ACS springs BMS ECU tuning
wzj519 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #5
southern6er22
Southern6er22
 
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Alabama

Posts: 818
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wzj519 View Post
Hey Sounthern, I thought you left our family already. Glad to see you post something here.
Naw, I'm here for life!

I still pop in from time to time when I feel like med school is going to make my head explode.
southern6er22 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #6
wzj519
Captain
 
Drives: 650 Gran coupe M sport Edition
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 649
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22 View Post
Naw, I'm here for life!

I still pop in from time to time when I feel like med school is going to make my head explode.
School makes me headache, my courses are going to kill me nowadays.
BTW, since I noticed my car has some vibration at sot lights. Most folks drive 12 or 13 650s have the problem. Do you also get it.
__________________
2013 650 GC Xi m sport Mods: Carbon fibre roof wrap
M performance front grills M performance pedals
carbon fibre rear spoiler carbon fibre side mirror covers IND gross black side markers / front colour matched reflectors. Hamman front lip spoiler ACS springs BMS ECU tuning
wzj519 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-14-2013, 10:29 PM   #7
southern6er22
Southern6er22
 
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Alabama

Posts: 818
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
About a year ago I was getting a drivetrain malfunction error. When I started the car it would shudder, but nothing since then. Sorry.
southern6er22 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #8
wzj519
Captain
 
Drives: 650 Gran coupe M sport Edition
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 649
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22 View Post
About a year ago I was getting a drivetrain malfunction error. When I started the car it would shudder, but nothing since then. Sorry.
No vibration? thought it is a common issue with year 12-13 650s.
Glad to hear you are not in the sad group.
wzj519 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2013, 01:09 AM   #9
///SAL
Lieutenant
 
///SAL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ///M5 ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: QUEENS, NY

Posts: 517
iTrader: (0)

Your wife is cool now all of us are lucky, all i would of got from mine is her amex bill from gucci
///SAL is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2013, 06:16 AM   #10
Bönz
Second Lieutenant
 
Bönz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 650i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Michigan

Posts: 220
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzj519 View Post
No vibration? thought it is a common issue with year 12-13 650s.
Glad to hear you are not in the sad group.
No shake hear either. Maybe just a little if the A/C compressor isn't running and the idle drops to 500 (which is almost never). But even that's better with the Techron.
Bönz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #11
wzj519
Captain
 
Drives: 650 Gran coupe M sport Edition
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 649
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bönz View Post
No shake hear either. Maybe just a little if the A/C compressor isn't running and the idle drops to 500 (which is almost never). But even that's better with the Techron.
Hey Bonz, I have one more question here.
Have you noticed our 650's idle RPM always at around 600 once A/C is on, no matter cooling or heating. When A/C is off, RPM drops to 500.
But my past X6 does not behave the same way, only cooling affects the RPM, otherwise it was always at around 500, no matter idling or heating is on.
__________________
2013 650 GC Xi m sport Mods: Carbon fibre roof wrap
M performance front grills M performance pedals
carbon fibre rear spoiler carbon fibre side mirror covers IND gross black side markers / front colour matched reflectors. Hamman front lip spoiler ACS springs BMS ECU tuning
wzj519 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #12
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
 
Drives: 2012 M3 ZCP(sold)650 Msport CP
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South FL

Posts: 202
iTrader: (0)

Thanks guys.

Wz and Bonz...thanks for high jacking my thread fellas! Lol
Zack G. is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #13
neversummer78
Lieutenant
 
neversummer78's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 650i GC
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 422
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Whow, congratz! How lucky!!

Good move on Xpel kit. I have Ventureshield kit on, and I already got scuff on it and it protected my paint. Going to replace that piece soon.
__________________
00 323ci blk, 03 S2000 sil, 04 525i sil, 05 X5 beige, 07 328i sil, 08 C350 gray, 10 MCS Conv gray, 10 MCS red, 12 ML350 BT sil, 13 650i GC blue, 12 E350 Wagon 4Matic blk, 14 MCM sil
neversummer78 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #14
Bönz
Second Lieutenant
 
Bönz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 650i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Michigan

Posts: 220
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzj519 View Post
Hey Bonz, I have one more question here.
Have you noticed our 650's idle RPM always at around 600 once A/C is on, no matter cooling or heating. When A/C is off, RPM drops to 500.
But my past X6 does not behave the same way, only cooling affects the RPM, otherwise it was always at around 500, no matter idling or heating is on.
It's not when the A/C is on, it's when the compressor runs, which is almost always on the 6. It has to do with keeping interior humidity down as well as cooling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack G. View Post
Thanks guys.

Wz and Bonz...thanks for high jacking my thread fellas! Lol
Sorry man. Car looks great. Happens a lot on the 6 boards. There aren't many of us, so the conversation drifts.
Bönz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #15
wzj519
Captain
 
Drives: 650 Gran coupe M sport Edition
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 649
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bönz View Post
It's not when the A/C is on, it's when the compressor runs, which is almost always on the 6. It has to do with keeping interior humidity down as well as cooling.
Ah. Thanks Bonz. I get it.


Sorry man. Car looks great. Happens a lot on the 6 boards. There aren't many of us, so the conversation drifts.
Sorry man.
Your car looks great. I will be quiet.
wzj519 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #16
Red640
New Member
 
Red640's Avatar
 
Drives: 640i Gran Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: KSA

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

Congratulation , very beautiful car , AW with shadow line and the black front grill is fantastic , but you should have M// badge on fenders !!!
Red640 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #17
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
 
Drives: 2012 M3 ZCP(sold)650 Msport CP
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South FL

Posts: 202
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red640 View Post
Congratulation , very beautiful car , AW with shadow line and the black front grill is fantastic , but you should have M// badge on fenders !!!
Thanks...also just wrapped the roof and side grills gloss black today. Will post pics.

Why should I have an ///M badge on the fenders?
Zack G. is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #18
mrjoed2
Private First Class
 
mrjoed2's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Florida

Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack G. View Post
Just got this a few days. My wife surprised me with it

Totally different than my M3...roomier and doesnt feel any slower that I can notice, although I haven't really had much seat time in it due to having caught the cold and just having no time to enjoy it yet.

Some quick pics:





Got it tinted already and had an XPEL kit put on. Getting my roof vinyl wrapped gloss black this weekend and possibly the side gills.

Already swapped out the front chrome grills. Thinking of powdercoating the wheels gloss black too, but the process is harder than I thought it would be.

I would have to just bring my wheels in...don't know how I could do that since I don't have any spares wheels tires to drive on in the meantime. Don't want my car sitting on blocks for a week. Maybe I'll just Plasti Dip them...but I would really prefer the gloss black look to go with the other accents that are gloss black.

Thanks for looking!
Looks great- congrads. Is it a 640 or 650?
mrjoed2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #19
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
 
Drives: 2012 M3 ZCP(sold)650 Msport CP
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South FL

Posts: 202
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
Looks great- congrads. Is it a 640 or 650?
Thanks...650
Zack G. is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2013, 06:45 AM   #20
vladberca
Brigadier General
 
vladberca's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 jetta tsi 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Craiova

Posts: 3,393
iTrader: (0)

A really nice place to park the 6er
vladberca is offline   Romania
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #21
southern6er22
Southern6er22
 
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Alabama

Posts: 818
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca
A really nice place to park the 6er
My thoughts exactly! Beautiful home.
southern6er22 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #22
mike@x-ph.com
Brigadier General
 
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 4,223
iTrader: (2)

Congrats
__________________
10% Off MSRP ER FMIC + Free ER CP or Free ER Carbon Fiber Engine Cover or Free Carbon Fiber FMIC Shroud
Sale on all AA Products + Lowest Price Guarantee on all BMS Products
mike@x-ph.com is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST