BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      12-13-2014, 01:43 AM   #1
NguyenM6
New Member
1
Rep
21
Posts

 
Drives: M6 gran coupe
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: socalcity

iTrader: (0)

B6 deal today...

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I dont put any down payment,
39 month lease/ 12k miles = 1600$/ monthly
They give me money factor= 0.0013
They give 15k off on this B6...
msrp 134k
Anyone think this a good deal or something i dont knowledge cuz i just love the 1600$ payment...
Thanks for sharing
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 02:15 AM   #2
M6-Coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
M6-Coupe's Avatar
26
Rep
1,955
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Irvine, Ca

iTrader: (0)

1600 is tax included? (%8 ?)
If that's the case, then with 0.0013 MF and 134 MSRP, 15K off MSRP the residual is 53%! I have no idea about the current residual
Maybe @GOLFFRR can help you about current residuals
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 02:24 AM   #3
NguyenM6
New Member
1
Rep
21
Posts

 
Drives: M6 gran coupe
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: socalcity

iTrader: (0)

$1600 including tax...residual is 57%
What you think M6 coupe!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 02:52 AM   #4
M6-Coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
M6-Coupe's Avatar
26
Rep
1,955
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Irvine, Ca

iTrader: (0)

The numbers look incorrect!

This is the formula dealers use:
Total lease = (Sales price - Residual) + number of months * MF * (Sales price + Residual) + tax; (tax on all of them)

Now if the MSRP is 134K and sales price is 119K (15K off MSRP), 57% Residual, 0.0013 MF, California tax (8%) for 39 months lease your monthly payment should be $1454! Acquisition fee + license fee + document fee (~ $1700 ?) upfront. It means your first payment is about 3100-3200 and the rest (38) are $1454…. Or if they spread those fees to 39 months, then your monthly payment should be ~$1500. It means If you put no money upfront, you should pay 39 payments each $1500
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 02:52 AM   #5
DTMAMG
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
43
Posts

 
Drives: e63
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: los angeles

iTrader: (0)

omg, that residual is low..hence, pmt bit high
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #6
doug_999
Major
doug_999's Avatar
12
Rep
1,099
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 650xi GC/2011 1M
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

It seems...

That BMW raised the residual on the B6. When it was released earlier, the residual was something like 43%!!!

It is now in line with the entire 6-series range (at least midwest/east pricing guides).

56/53/50/51

For 24/30/36/39 months. Add 2% for 12K and 3% for 10K.

So...
Your residual would be 53% for 39 months at 12K/year.
__________________
2014 650xi GC, Imola Red/Black. MsportEd, CWP, B&O, 20" wheels
2011 1M, Black loaded sans sat radio
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 09:54 AM   #7
EmMHoLLa
Private
0
Rep
97
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 650i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

Get another M6.. I have a feeling you will be disappointed in the B6 after having an M6...
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 01:07 PM   #8
NguyenM6
New Member
1
Rep
21
Posts

 
Drives: M6 gran coupe
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: socalcity

iTrader: (0)

I test ride b6 not bad the only thing is not sound louder than m6.
I just think napa leather on b6 not good like merino on M6.
If around $1500/monthly it a good deal or not?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 01:46 PM   #9
M6-Coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
M6-Coupe's Avatar
26
Rep
1,955
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Irvine, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NguyenM6 View Post
I test ride b6 not bad the only thing is not sound louder than m6.
I just think napa leather on b6 not good like merino on M6.
If around $1500/monthly it a good deal or not?
This is what it is! It's up to you to pay 1500-1600 per month for B6! If I were you, I would get another M6 since M6 is the most beautiful and fastest powerful BMW in current lineup who cares about AWD in super nice weather of California?
Just this time "please don't turn DSC OFF in street"
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 01:50 PM   #10
doug_999
Major
doug_999's Avatar
12
Rep
1,099
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 650xi GC/2011 1M
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
This is what it is! It's up to you to pay 1500-1600 per month for B6! If I were you, I would get another M6 since M6 is the most beautiful and fastest powerful BMW in current lineup who cares about AWD in super nice weather of California?
Just this time "please don't turn DSC OFF in street"
Actually, per BMW, the B6 is the fastest 0-60 BMW made (0-60 in 3.7 seconds). And I hate to say it, I'm not sure who would think the M6 is better looking than the i8 (maybe M6 owners?). Of course personal preference on everything. So maybe you meant to say "to "me" the M6 is the most beautiful and fastest"
__________________
2014 650xi GC, Imola Red/Black. MsportEd, CWP, B&O, 20" wheels
2011 1M, Black loaded sans sat radio
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 02:47 PM   #11
Downfourit
Private First Class
1
Rep
150
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 650i Alpine M-sport
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Actually, per BMW, the B6 is the fastest 0-60 BMW made (0-60 in 3.7 seconds). And I hate to say it, I'm not sure who would think the M6 is better looking than the i8 (maybe M6 owners?). Of course personal preference on everything. So maybe you meant to say "to "me" the M6 is the most beautiful and fastest"
I hate to keep correcting you Doug, but it clearly states that it is "said" to accelerate to 60 in 3.7.. No actual numbers. The M6 gran coupe tested at 3.5 in an actual test. Plus the B6 makes less power than the M6. Fact is, it was built out of a 650, I would still take an M6 over it. Read directly from the article:

Power in the B6 xDrive Gran Coupe comes from the 4.4-liter V-8 engine fitted to the 650i Gran Coupe, but a series of modifications including a custom twin-turbocharging system lifts output to 540 horsepower and 540 pound-feet of torque. For reference, the stock 650i is producing 445 hp while a stock M6 produces 560 hp (575 hp with a Competition Package), placing the Alpina in between.

The B6 xDrive Gran Coupe is said to accelerate from 0-60 mph in just 3.7 seconds. Top speed is listed at 198 mph.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 02:58 PM   #12
doug_999
Major
doug_999's Avatar
12
Rep
1,099
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 650xi GC/2011 1M
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfourit View Post
I hate to keep correcting you Doug, but it clearly states that it is "said" to accelerate to 60 in 3.7.. No actual numbers. The M6 gran coupe tested at 3.5 in an actual test. Plus the B6 makes less power than the M6. Fact is, it was built out of a 650, I would still take an M6 over it. Read directly from the article:

Power in the B6 xDrive Gran Coupe comes from the 4.4-liter V-8 engine fitted to the 650i Gran Coupe, but a series of modifications including a custom twin-turbocharging system lifts output to 540 horsepower and 540 pound-feet of torque. For reference, the stock 650i is producing 445 hp while a stock M6 produces 560 hp (575 hp with a Competition Package), placing the Alpina in between.

The B6 xDrive Gran Coupe is said to accelerate from 0-60 mph in just 3.7 seconds. Top speed is listed at 198 mph.
I really don't think BMW makes those numbers up. But if you think you are correcting me, you are wrong, you are correcting BMW - and personally, I think more people would put their trust in them.

Now if you want to get technical here, the B6 not only has AWD, but has more torque (which is going to get you going, not HP). Whereas, I'm sure the M4 and M6 might be a very close race, I don't think it would be that close with the B6 vs. M6 -the combo of 40 ft/lbs of extra torque coupled with AWD means the B6 is going to walk away from the M6 in a 0-60 sprint. What happens after that is the M6 will eventually catch it, only to be passed again when it hits its speed limiter.
__________________
2014 650xi GC, Imola Red/Black. MsportEd, CWP, B&O, 20" wheels
2011 1M, Black loaded sans sat radio
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 09:04 PM   #13
Downfourit
Private First Class
1
Rep
150
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 650i Alpine M-sport
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
I really don't think BMW makes those numbers up. But if you think you are correcting me, you are wrong, you are correcting BMW - and personally, I think more people would put their trust in them.

Now if you want to get technical here, the B6 not only has AWD, but has more torque (which is going to get you going, not HP). Whereas, I'm sure the M4 and M6 might be a very close race, I don't think it would be that close with the B6 vs. M6 -the combo of 40 ft/lbs of extra torque coupled with AWD means the B6 is going to walk away from the M6 in a 0-60 sprint. What happens after that is the M6 will eventually catch it, only to be passed again when it hits its speed limiter.
"For reference, the stock 650i is producing 445 hp while a stock M6 produces 560 hp (575 hp with a Competition Package), placing the Alpina in between."

I mean I don't know what else i can say other than it's written right there putting the B6 between the 650 and the M6, not on top of it in regards to performance. You have to understand that BMW's AWD is not like Audi's AWD and it does add a considerable amount of weight to the car and reduces top end power compared to RWD. The M6 gets really good traction by the way it was designed and built by BMW M division so it outperforms the Alpina even in a sprint to 60, and beyond. Show me a comparison between the Alpina and the M6 where the M6 loses and I will understand your point better.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 11:24 PM   #14
HoustonRider
big pimpin
United_States
0
Rep
38
Posts

 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
..... with AWD means the B6 is going to walk away from the M6 in a 0-60 sprint. What happens after that is the M6 will eventually catch it, only to be passed again when it hits its speed limiter.
Exactly. At 61 mph its all down hill. Like the Audi S6. Faster 0-60 than the M6 with 450 hp (AWD) but run em in a 1/4 mile and the M6 gets down there 2 seconds quicker.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 02:23 AM   #15
NguyenM6
New Member
1
Rep
21
Posts

 
Drives: M6 gran coupe
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: socalcity

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
This is what it is! It's up to you to pay 1500-1600 per month for B6! If I were you, I would get another M6 since M6 is the most beautiful and fastest powerful BMW in current lineup who cares about AWD in super nice weather of California?
Just this time "please don't turn DSC OFF in street"



I know right haha;;;i am overconfident this my weakness
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 02:35 AM   #16
M6-Coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
M6-Coupe's Avatar
26
Rep
1,955
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Irvine, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfourit View Post
... but it clearly states that it is "said" to accelerate to 60 in 3.7.. No actual numbers.


Even these guys know which one is faster in 0-60

M6 0-60 in 4.24 second. 2 heavy people in car (no professional driver)at 1 mile above sea level with no launch control.



B6 Xdrive 0-60 in 4.39 second. Only 1 significantly lighter person (race driver) in car at 1 mile above sea level.

__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 05:49 AM   #17
M6-Coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
M6-Coupe's Avatar
26
Rep
1,955
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Irvine, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NguyenM6 View Post

I know right haha;;;i am overconfident this my weakness
LOL. I hear you. I highly recommend people who judge M6 by its name to have some seat time in M6 and push it to the limit to see how crazy this car is.

BTW, before moving forward for B6, watch this video … The best result of this B6 is 1/4 mile in 12.8 second @ 188km/h (~117 mph). 60ft in 2.4 second Compare to sub 12 @ over 120 mph with 60 ft in 2-2.2 second for F06 M6GC


__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 12:43 PM   #18
doug_999
Major
doug_999's Avatar
12
Rep
1,099
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 650xi GC/2011 1M
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
BTW, before moving forward for B6, watch this video … The best result of this B6 is 1/4 mile in 12.8 second @ 188km/h (~117 mph). 60ft in 2.4 second Compare to sub 12 @ over 120 mph with 60 ft in 2-2.2 second for F06 M6GC
Let's clear up a couple of things.
1) Unless the cars are racing side by side, you can't go throw out "ABC posted a 2.5 second time and so that car is faster than this car" (actually you can of course, it just is meaningless)
2) Your video has the B6 coupe in it. I'm under the impression the B6 coupe is RWD no?
3) Coming back to point #1, the video shows the B6 coupe with a faster quarter mile time than a modified 750 HP M6. It is at 1:09 in the video. So are you saying the B6 Coupe (which we can't get here I don't think?) is in fact faster than the M6 and even a modified M6?
Attached Images
 
__________________
2014 650xi GC, Imola Red/Black. MsportEd, CWP, B&O, 20" wheels
2011 1M, Black loaded sans sat radio
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 01:21 PM   #19
M6-Coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
M6-Coupe's Avatar
26
Rep
1,955
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Irvine, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Let's clear up a couple of things.
1) Unless the cars are racing side by side, you can't go throw out "ABC posted a 2.5 second time and so that car is faster than this car" (actually you can of course, it just is meaningless)
2) Your video has the B6 coupe in it. I'm under the impression the B6 coupe is RWD no?
3) Coming back to point #1, the video shows the B6 coupe with a faster quarter mile time than a modified 750 HP M6. It is at 1:09 in the video. So are you saying the B6 Coupe (which we can't get here I don't think?) is in fact faster than the M6 and even a modified M6?
Dude, I really don't know why you love argument! I expected the more logical and mature people in this side of forum! Saying something and insisting on it is not a correct way to treat or prove the concept! Either you are doing on purpose or really don't get the point! First of all the video I posted was the real world info about B6! I had no intention to compare it with other cars in that video. Second, the original discussion was F06 M6 GC when I said current M6 is the fastest.... (BTW the fastest car doesn't mean just 0-60 unless there is new term in English Dictionary that I'm not aware yet)... The M6 in that video is the previous generation. FYI when comparing two cars, the comparison is on the whole car. It's not just engine! The transmission, differential, suspension,... all of these items can affect the acceleration and ET times. You can modify a 500 HP engine to 1000HP, but there is no guarantee that car can put this power down unless the suspension is tuned and transmission and differential can support that power. The point of this thread was B6 and then I intended to compare it to Fxx M6 not E63 M6!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 02:05 PM   #20
Downfourit
Private First Class
1
Rep
150
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 650i Alpine M-sport
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Let's clear up a couple of things.
1) Unless the cars are racing side by side, you can't go throw out "ABC posted a 2.5 second time and so that car is faster than this car" (actually you can of course, it just is meaningless)
2) Your video has the B6 coupe in it. I'm under the impression the B6 coupe is RWD no?
3) Coming back to point #1, the video shows the B6 coupe with a faster quarter mile time than a modified 750 HP M6. It is at 1:09 in the video. So are you saying the B6 Coupe (which we can't get here I don't think?) is in fact faster than the M6 and even a modified M6?
Doug if you really think an M6 with 750hp does the 1/4 mile in 13 seconds you need to stop posting on BMW forums and get a Prius, cars are just not for you..

There is an M6 with 700hp that has already hit the 10 second 1/4 mile, which no B6 will be able to do. That 13 second time was probably the driver eating breakfast in the car while going down the 1/4 mile track.

To finally answer your long argued question about why BMW lists slower times on their site, they are the same reasons why they under rate the cars. Put a 435, or an M5 on a dyno and you will see what everyone is talking about compared to the claimed engine HP by BMW, they make a lot more power than BMW claims and in the end that is better for the owners, and our insurance policies

Here is the link to the 10.7 second pass:
http://www.***********.com/content.p...n-the-1-4-mile
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 02:08 PM   #21
doug_999
Major
doug_999's Avatar
12
Rep
1,099
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 650xi GC/2011 1M
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Dude, I really don't know why you love argument! I expected the more logical and mature people in this side of forum! Saying something and insisting on it is not a correct way to treat or prove the concept! Either you are doing on purpose or really don't get the point! First of all the video I posted was the real world info about B6! I had no intention to compare it with other cars in that video. Second, the original discussion was F06 M6 GC when I said current M6 is the fastest.... (BTW the fastest car doesn't mean just 0-60 unless there is new term in English Dictionary that I'm not aware yet)... The M6 in that video is the previous generation. FYI when comparing two cars, the comparison is on the whole car. It's not just engine! The transmission, differential, suspension,... all of these items can affect the acceleration and ET times. You can modify a 500 HP engine to 1000HP, but there is no guarantee that car can put this power down unless the suspension is tuned and transmission and differential can support that power. The point of this thread was B6 and then I intended to compare it to Fxx M6 not E63 M6!
Let's see, you call me a troll and tell me I need help and somehow I'm the one who is immature?

Here is the deal. When you post something that I feel is incorrect, I will point this out and back it up with facts (not youtube videos). I'm not doing it to get into an argument, I just want to make sure others reading the board don't take your statements for fact (the ones that I consider incorrect).

BTW, I'm not sure of the true definition of "fastest" (I googled it and there are lots of meanings) - but I think many people would say it is the car that can go "faster". In this case, once again, the B6 is "faster" than the M6 as it will go 198MPH vs. the 155MPH (and yes, I get it that the M6 is limited, but the fact is, the way the car comes from the factory, the M6 is "slower" than the B6.)

I get that you love your M6 and you consider it the best car in the world. I also love the M6 and heck if it came with a sunroof on the GC, I might have even considered one (in spite of not having AWD which I really really like here in Chicago). But at the end of the day, when you make comments like "my M6 destroys M4 any where any time in straight line", I'm going to call you on it. However, I'm not going to act in an immature way and thus I won't call you names
__________________
2014 650xi GC, Imola Red/Black. MsportEd, CWP, B&O, 20" wheels
2011 1M, Black loaded sans sat radio
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 02:10 PM   #22
doug_999
Major
doug_999's Avatar
12
Rep
1,099
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 650xi GC/2011 1M
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfourit View Post
Doug if you really think an M6 with 750hp does the 1/4 mile in 13 seconds you need to stop posting on BMW forums and get a Prius, cars are just not for you.
I didn't post the video....please watch it for context of my reply.
__________________
2014 650xi GC, Imola Red/Black. MsportEd, CWP, B&O, 20" wheels
2011 1M, Black loaded sans sat radio
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST