BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #67
I Bleed BMW Viscous
Private
 
I Bleed BMW Viscous's Avatar
 
Drives: M6 F12 soon...
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bay area, CA

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

I have been following your thread. could you tell me if those are the Bi Xenon or Led lights, and if you are able to watch DVD while the Car is moving?

That's a great Build. The Citrin Black has like some Brownish metal flake in the paint right? I would like to see more pics of the exterior in the sun. Beautiful color. Very Rich.
__________________
03 M5/ 02 540/ 01 M5/ 00 X5 4.4/ 99 M3/ 95 M3
"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." Tony Robbins
I Bleed BMW Viscous is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #68
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
 
andreo's Avatar
 
Drives: Citrin Black 650i Coupé (F13)
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Macau

Posts: 352
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed BMW Viscous
I have been following your thread. could you tell me if those are the Bi Xenon or Led lights, and if you are able to watch DVD while the Car is moving?

That's a great Build. The Citrin Black has like some Brownish metal flake in the paint right? I would like to see more pics of the exterior in the sun. Beautiful color. Very Rich.
Thanks for the interest and compliments. They are adaptive LED lights. Love them.

The car was originally delivered with video completely disabled. Thanks to the folks at www.DVDInMotion.com, I managed to enable DVD video and unlock video in motion as well. I subsequently retrofitted BMW Apps (not available for factory order in my region) and enabled video playback directly from my docked iPhone.

Yes, Citrin Black emits dark brown and gold hues, depending on the intensity and color temperature of any direct lighting shined on the paint surface. It is challenging to capture the effect on camera but I will give it a shot this weekend. In essence, it gives the appearance that the car is a different color under different lighting.
andreo is offline   Macao
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2012, 06:04 AM   #69
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
 
andreo's Avatar
 
Drives: Citrin Black 650i Coupé (F13)
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Macau

Posts: 352
iTrader: (0)

Folks,

As promised, here are a few exterior shots taken outdoor and indoor. There was an overcast without direct sunlight. The car appears nearly black in color from a distance. The BMW Individual Xirallic paint effect was more apparent under indoor lighting where there was fluorescent lighting directly above it. You will notice the blue, gold and violet specks under the clear coat. The end result is a rich black color with shimmering gold overtones. Highly recommended for those who want a "different" black car. Enjoy!
Attached Images
             
andreo is offline   Macao
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #70
mo7ammed-87
Private
 
Drives: BMW 2013 650i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: kuwait

Posts: 98
iTrader: (0)

so nice man .. and bueity color ..
mo7ammed-87 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #71
Reeses83
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 Mercedes E550 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: CA, US

Posts: 113
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Your car is beautiful!!! Congrats and enjoy!!
Reeses83 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #72
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
 
andreo's Avatar
 
Drives: Citrin Black 650i Coupé (F13)
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Macau

Posts: 352
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo7ammed-87
so nice man .. and bueity color ..
Thanks. At the moment, it is more brownish gold more than blue since I have not seen it in bright sunlight yet.
andreo is offline   Macao
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #73
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
 
andreo's Avatar
 
Drives: Citrin Black 650i Coupé (F13)
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Macau

Posts: 352
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeses83
Your car is beautiful!!! Congrats and enjoy!!
Thanks. Wasn't sure whether the BMW Individual treatment was the right choice when I placed the order but after seeing the difference in person, it is totally worth it. Will definitely be ordering BMW Individual for interior and exterior from now on.
andreo is offline   Macao
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #74
southern6er22
Southern6er22
 
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Alabama

Posts: 832
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Gorgeous. That color is awesome. My Carbon Black now seems so pedestrian
southern6er22 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 12:06 AM   #75
pulluru
New Member
 
Drives: 650ix gran coupe
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

The color is amazing. I almost got it on my Gran Coupe, but couldn't find the color anywhere and did not find any good pictures. Hopefully these will help someone considering the color.
pulluru is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 12:16 AM   #76
pulluru
New Member
 
Drives: 650ix gran coupe
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago

Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)

What do you think of the B&O sound system?
pulluru is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 01:50 AM   #77
Reeses83
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 Mercedes E550 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: CA, US

Posts: 113
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreo View Post
Thanks. Wasn't sure whether the BMW Individual treatment was the right choice when I placed the order but after seeing the difference in person, it is totally worth it. Will definitely be ordering BMW Individual for interior and exterior from now on.
You chose right!! I wish I would've ordered my 640i GC with the individual interior and exterior but maybe next time. IMO cars at this price should at least come standard with the leather dash.

I just noticed the AC Schnitzer front grill. How much did it cost?
Reeses83 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 04:06 AM   #78
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
 
andreo's Avatar
 
Drives: Citrin Black 650i Coupé (F13)
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Macau

Posts: 352
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22
Gorgeous. That color is awesome. My Carbon Black now seems so pedestrian
Thanks again Southern. The Carbon Black exterior is in no way pedestrian. I would have unquestionably gone for it if I opted for the M Package.

In my opinion, all three varieties of the special blacks for the 6'er, namely Carbon, Ruby and Citrin Black make the 6'er stand out in a sea of black cars. Folks on the street look twice at the paint job AFTER they get over the fact that they are looking at a 6'er.
andreo is offline   Macao
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #79
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
 
andreo's Avatar
 
Drives: Citrin Black 650i Coupé (F13)
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Macau

Posts: 352
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulluru
The color is amazing. I almost got it on my Gran Coupe, but couldn't find the color anywhere and did not find any good pictures. Hopefully these will help someone considering the color.
Thanks. I was in the same situation when I placed my order. There were no physical samples to look at and no pictures online featuring the F13 in Citrin Black. Fortunately, the color turned out better than I expected. Hopefully these photos will assist upcoming 6'er owners make their choices.
andreo is offline   Macao
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #80
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
 
andreo's Avatar
 
Drives: Citrin Black 650i Coupé (F13)
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Macau

Posts: 352
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulluru
What do you think of the B&O sound system?
The B&O sound system is definitely a significant upgrade over the Logic7 system I used to have in my previous E92 335i Coupe. The sound is most definitely sophisticated audiophile quality with an expansive soundstage to match. Highs are executed flawlessly with no jarring tweeter response and lows are punchy not boomy. Vocals almost sound like the person singing is actually in the car. Most apparent when playing unplugged concerts or movies alike.

Yes, it is ridiculously expensive for a car audio system. However, considering the pedigree of the 2012/13 6'er, it is not quite that unreasonable. Coupled with the startup performance of the front projection tweeter and subtly illuminated speaker enclosures all around the vehicle, the package is a befitting adornment to the car. You get form and function in a bespoke package.

No regrets and highly recommended.
andreo is offline   Macao
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #81
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
 
andreo's Avatar
 
Drives: Citrin Black 650i Coupé (F13)
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Macau

Posts: 352
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeses83
You chose right!! I wish I would've ordered my 640i GC with the individual interior and exterior but maybe next time. IMO cars at this price should at least come standard with the leather dash.

I just noticed the AC Schnitzer front grill. How much did it cost?
Thanks for reaffirmation. Certainly very pleased with the paint choice as you can tell.

The AC Schnitzer front grill costs me USD1,700, ordered through my local BMW dealer that is also the authorized distributor for AC Schnitzer in my city. The delivery took 6 weeks as they were made to order in Germany I was told. Installation involved the removal of my front bumper which costs me an additional USD200 for labor at my local BMW workshop.

I was initially apprehensive over messing up the stock look of the car but after seeing a number of pics of cars online with the grill installed (and some photoshopped by myself) I was convinced.

The end result is what you saw in the photos. Let me know if you would like to see more pictures of different angles. Would be most happy to share.
andreo is offline   Macao
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #82
djsaad1
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: range rover
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

Posts: 328
iTrader: (0)

I like the aluminum siding, I wish I knew about that when I placed the order for my car. I tried hard to get them to use the chrome instead of shadow line but after a bunch of requests they couldn't get it done. For some reason in north america individual cars have to come with shadow line.
djsaad1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #83
djsaad1
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: range rover
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

Posts: 328
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulluru View Post
The color is amazing. I almost got it on my Gran Coupe, but couldn't find the color anywhere and did not find any good pictures. Hopefully these will help someone considering the color.
What color did you end up getting?
djsaad1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #84
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
 
andreo's Avatar
 
Drives: Citrin Black 650i Coupé (F13)
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Macau

Posts: 352
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1
I like the aluminum siding, I wish I knew about that when I placed the order for my car. I tried hard to get them to use the chrome instead of shadow line but after a bunch of requests they couldn't get it done. For some reason in north america individual cars have to come with shadow line.
It took me a bit of effort to get the satin chrome shadow line ordered as well. You can probably still retrofit. Option code is S3MBA. The high-gloss black shadow line is nice too but would not have stood out for my car given the already dark exterior paint. I would have definitely gone for the high-gloss had I chosen a white exterior. What have you chosen for your exterior?
andreo is offline   Macao
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #85
djsaad1
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: range rover
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: United States

Posts: 328
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreo View Post
It took me a bit of effort to get the satin chrome shadow line ordered as well. You can probably still retrofit. Option code is S3MBA. The high-gloss black shadow line is nice too but would not have stood out for my car given the already dark exterior paint. I would have definitely gone for the high-gloss had I chosen a white exterior. What have you chosen for your exterior?
I went with frozen bronze on the gran coupe, that's why i thought a shiny siding would look better than black on bronze. But I am not really worried about it.
djsaad1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #86
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
 
the infamous...'s Avatar
 
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

Posts: 17,534
iTrader: (0)

wow! minus that gaudy acs grill, it looks in-fuckin-credible
__________________


"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
the infamous... is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #87
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
 
andreo's Avatar
 
Drives: Citrin Black 650i Coupé (F13)
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Macau

Posts: 352
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1
I went with frozen bronze on the gran coupe, that's why i thought a shiny siding would look better than black on bronze. But I am not really worried about it.
Black shadow line on bronze works better than satin chrome IMO. You have nothing to worry about. It will look great.
andreo is offline   Macao
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #88
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
 
andreo's Avatar
 
Drives: Citrin Black 650i Coupé (F13)
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Macau

Posts: 352
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous...
wow! minus that gaudy acs grill, it looks in-fuckin-credible
Thanks.
andreo is offline   Macao
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.




6post.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST