BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-22-2016, 02:25 PM   #1
rumelk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F06 M6 Gran Coupe, E93 M3

My Review on Evolves Catless Downpipes - 751bhp Later

I've had my M6 Gran Coupe for little over 3 months and loving every bit of it....except the exhaust note. I'm coming from an E93 M3, and the NA V8 in that sounded a lot better then my M6.

I've been looking at the Akra Evolution System, but haven't been able to bring my self to spend the good part of £5k on an exhaust. Decided to go down plan B...catless downpipes; the idea was to start from here and see what results are acheived, the ultimate goal was to eventually go for the Akra.

I've heard of Evolve based in Luton, UK; for many years, but never had the luxury to actually experience their work. I decided to head down and pay them a Visit (Co Owner Imran) very knowledgeable guy, and saw they were working on another M6 GC getting the same mods as me; they advised me that they're doing about 2 of these a week!

The entire process took 2 days, which involved Installation of the Downpipes, Stage 2 Remap and Adding some extra coding bits (DVD/USB in Motion, etc), and Evolve had also offered a loan car for the 2 days.

The end result....WOW

The transformation is unbelievable....you'd think the entire exhaust system has been changed. The power is now sitting at 751bhp with 680lb torque. There is no drone and it can be quiet enough not to wake up the wife in the passenger seat.... fast forward to 3000 rpm and you will definitely wake her up, alongside the surrounding neighbours and their wives...good news that the car is like a rocket, so nobody will catch you.

Evolve have their demo car with the map, Eventuri intakes and the downpipes, and they just outdone a Lamborghini Huracan at VMax200 from standstill....enough said. If you're in the market for downpipes....these are your guys.

This was my first MOD to the M6 GC, and first time dealing with Evolve, I have to say, will definitely not be my last! These guys are fantastic! I'm thinking whether to go down the full akra system, after such amazing results!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGTPBcxCh80

05-23-2016, 10:37 AM   #2
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

I wish they were in SOCAl!!!
Bill
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 01:30 PM   #3
Niklas
Private
Rep
Drives: San Marino M6

how much louder is it compared to stock with the downpipes and how much was it for just the downpipes fitted?

Im picking up my comp pack m6 on friday and im interested to know
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 10:57 AM   #4
AM4ZING
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 MW/SO 6MT, E46 M3 AW/IR 6MT

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Whats the CEL fix for catless DPs?
      05-27-2016, 03:35 PM   #5
S800vxr
Private
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM4ZING View Post
Whats the CEL fix for catless DPs?
A proper remap is the only way to remove the CEL. My coupe has the down pipes and Akro so will be interested in the HP when it's dynoed again at DMS on Tuesday. 😀
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 05:00 AM   #6
lunden
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13 800RR

So your car measured 674.9HP stock? and 751.9HP with those mods?

77HP increase at crank?

Congrats, but that's not serious power man, always look at the delta
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 11:41 AM   #7
devondragon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
lunden FWIW your tone frequently comes across as condescending and dismissive. Not sure if that's your intent, but I really like the generally supportive atmosphere here, and find your posts to be an unfortunately outlier.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 02:08 PM   #8
rumelk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niklas View Post
how much louder is it compared to stock with the downpipes and how much was it for just the downpipes fitted?

Im picking up my comp pack m6 on friday and im interested to know
The exhaust note, it noticeably louder, although whilst cruising is as quiet as before. You get a lot more pops and I can easily say its louder then a Lamborghini Huracan when revving side by side. lol
      05-31-2016, 02:17 PM   #9
rumelk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunden View Post
So your car measured 674.9HP stock? and 751.9HP with those mods?

77HP increase at crank?

Congrats, but that's not serious power man, always look at the delta
A) Didn't say im making serious power, was just happy with the results.
B) 77hp and 178 lb torque, from a remap and CAT Delete is not a bad shout in my books...I'm presuming you are getting better, reliable results with your own map?
      06-01-2016, 04:13 PM   #10
lunden
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by devondragon View Post
lunden FWIW your tone frequently comes across as condescending and dismissive. Not sure if that's your intent, but I really like the generally supportive atmosphere here, and find your posts to be an unfortunately outlier.
Not intended though!!

I just haven't seen anyone measure that high stock, that's why
Hence it wouldn't be 751HP. I know many guys across Europe who got so high numbers, but actually didn't perform as they should (i.e. vbox).
Last guy came from Switzerland, M4 upgrade turbo + FBO, measured there at 685HP, drove to Germany at my friends place, his dynojet (showing crank HP/TQ) showed 595HP (nice results) but I knew it wasn't above 600.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumelk View Post
A) Didn't say im making serious power, was just happy with the results.
B) 77hp and 178 lb torque, from a remap and CAT Delete is not a bad shout in my books...I'm presuming you are getting better, reliable results with your own map?
The extra torque is nice, but the stock dyno numbers are waay to high, if we remove 12-15% to show whp, we are in the 600whp range. Just a thought here man, not being rude or anything. I would definetly dyno at another shop just to see where your car is at.
Anyway for me, the stock numbers are waaaay to high That's what some tuners "stage 1" gives
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 08:06 AM   #11
IM6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13

My m6 has also been Evolved about 2 weeks ago, stage 2 with DP and lowered on H&R springs.
The exhaust note has opened up brilliantly don't like the fuel smell due to no cats.
The car is very responsive but on their Dyno that day the car only read 700.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 11:46 AM   #12
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by devondragon View Post
I guess he has his doubts, just like me, there are some strange numbers out here. Your stock HP is really high, highest I have ever seen by some margin.

And another member basically had his stock M6 ran 0-300km well under 30 seconds (said his car ran 100-300km around 22.xx~23.xx), much faster than the newest R8 V10 plus, 458 Speciale, Huracan, 911 TTS, and etc.

It's only natural to be skeptical, doesn't mean we are haters.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 01:29 AM   #13
lunden
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
I guess he has his doubts, just like me, there are some strange numbers out here. Your stock HP is really high, highest I have ever seen by some margin.

And another member basically had his stock M6 ran 0-300km well under 30 seconds (said his car ran 100-300km around 22.xx~23.xx), much faster than the newest R8 V10 plus, 458 Speciale, Huracan, 911 TTS, and etc.

It's only natural to be skeptical, doesn't mean we are haters.
I'm really NOT hating or anything. I'm just sceptical, no way a stock car with FBO even add turbos and meth + racegas, it will NOT show 671HP crank, that's waaaay too high if you ask me, also, I always tell people, LOOK AT THE DELTA!! Stage 2 tune providing around 70HP crank even with downpipes, that's low man. Trust me.
Appreciate 0