BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

11-08-2015, 09:47 PM   #1
pinguhk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LCI F06 640i Msport

I just pre order the Bavsound Subwoofer

A early Christmas present.
I just pre order the Bavsound Subwoofer and will not arrive until December.
I like to know as any one DIY the Underseat Subwoofer Upgrade?
Like to have some info on how to take out the seats and install the Bavsound Subwoofer.
http://www.bavsound.com/Subwoofer-System/
Attached Images

11-09-2015, 08:34 AM   #2
murph914
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i Convertible

Very interested to hear your review. I would think the seats would be easier to work with than all those fiddly plastic bits in the door.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 01:35 PM   #3
ak_ka
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 535i xDrive GT

I'm waiting for some reviews too. On the whole, I feel the HK system in my F06 is much better than what I head in the F10, despite this car being a little less sound insulated.

They said they'll be posting a video of the install soon too.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2015, 04:28 PM   #4
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

congrats! seems like everyone who preordered these can't wait! from what i've heard these are pretty much a mid bass driver so the bass should hit nice and clean! are you planning on upgrading the amp?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 01:25 AM   #5
pinguhk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
congrats! seems like everyone who preordered these can't wait! from what i've heard these are pretty much a mid bass driver so the bass should hit nice and clean! are you planning on upgrading the amp?
I dont think so but if needed I will.
      11-11-2015, 06:22 AM   #6
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguhk View Post
I dont think so but if needed I will.
With the factory amp you'll be fine but if you want these to come alive inquire about the Bimmertech amp from Nelson.
http://www.bimmer-tech.net/audio-amplifier-for-bmw/
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1133971
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 10:33 AM   #7
murph914
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Anyone install the amp or the speakers yet? Neither have the 6 series listed as compatible, but they also say they fit the f10.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 08:16 PM   #8
pinguhk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph914 View Post
Anyone install the amp or the speakers yet? Neither have the 6 series listed as compatible, but they also say they fit the f10.
it is pre order and they will start shipping end of the month
      11-11-2015, 08:29 PM   #9
pinguhk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
With the factory amp you'll be fine but if you want these to come alive inquire about the Bimmertech amp from Nelson.
http://www.bimmer-tech.net/audio-amplifier-for-bmw/
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1133971
thanks for the info
      11-11-2015, 08:42 PM   #10
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph914 View Post
the amps do fit the F10 with brackets...i would shoot Nelson and Bimmertech and see if the 6 series is compatible? still waiting for users to post their impressions. speaker will not be shipping til Dec

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 11-11-2015 at 09:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 08:08 AM   #11
murph914
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
the amps do fit the F10 with brackets...i would shoot Nelson and Bimmertech and see if the 6 series is compatible? still waiting for users to post their impressions. speaker will not be shipping til Dec
Sorry, I was asking if anyone had installed the amp from bimmertech or a speaker package from Bavsound. I know the sub will be coming in December.

I am going to wait to see how they fit and how bad the install is. If it goes well which I expect, then I will try to go for at least the amp too.
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2015, 09:15 PM   #12
pinguhk
Private First Class
Rep

I just checked on the order and there is a delay of about 2 week on the shipment.
For us being the 1st white mice this will happen, I'm used to this kind of sales.
Attached Images

12-03-2015, 07:41 PM   #13
vaio23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 650I

Mine is still on schedule to ship next week
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 08:42 PM   #14
pinguhk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaio23 View Post
Mine is still on schedule to ship next week
that's good
many F30 guys are delayed till next year
      12-08-2015, 03:14 AM   #15
pinguhk
Private First Class
Rep

for you guys what to DIY this
      12-09-2015, 05:36 PM   #16
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

post your impressions when you get them!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 10:21 PM   #17
pinguhk
Private First Class
Rep

yeah at last they have been shipped out.
      12-18-2015, 04:26 PM   #18
vaio23
Private First Class
Rep

Just got mine in today. Will try to install this week and review
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2015, 12:13 AM   #19
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguhk View Post
yeah at last they have been shipped out.
looks like they forgot to quality check these as the first shipment did not include a gasket. fellow member in the 5 series forum said he wasn't impressed with these. hopefully you guys can get your installed and post your impressions. here's Bav's response:

DONT INSTALL YET!
First and foremost, thank you SO much for your purchase of our all-new Ghost Underseat Subwoofer Upgrades for your 5 Series. We can't wait for you to get them installed and rocking out. But first, please read this e-mail as it contains ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY information to ensure your woofers sound amazing!

However, as sometimes happens with new products, we made a mistake creating the parts list during manufacturing, and a gasket required for installation wasn't correctly pre-installed on the woofers. Without this gasket, your new woofers won't seal properly in their enclosures, resulting in poor performance.

Our goal is always to make your experience as simple, easy, and enjoyable as possible, and to make a product that is 100% complete right out of the box. We didn't live up to our standards, and I want to personally apologize for our mistake

The good news? The fix is incredibly easy, and we're already taking care of it.

All that's needed is some new gasket material which you can apply to your enclosure before installation. As of this e-mail, we're already in the process of purchasing and sending the gasket material that's required to the shipping address you provided for your purchase. In order to ensure you receive it as quickly as possible, we'll be sending the gasket via Amazon Prime so you'll have it in 2 days or less and can install right away). If you need it shipped to an address other than your original shipping address, please reply ASAP and let us know.

(We won't be sending you tracking numbers simply because you'll probably have the gasket before we can get that out to you!)

If you're in a rush and would like to source the gasket material locally so you don't have to wait to install your new woofers, you can do so at any Home Depot or similar. Here's the gasket material we'll be sending you:

http://www.amazon.com/Frost-King-V25...5%3A2470955011

Plus, as our way of saying thank you, we'll be sending you a $15 Amazon Gift Card which you can use to purchase some amazing new music to enjoy with your new subs.

Now, because we didn't expect this to be necessary, we naturally haven't produced an installation video on how to apply the gasket and install your new woofers with it, but expect a follow up e-mail in the next 24 hours with a complete video on the installation process.

(NOTE: If you are outside the U.S., please reply to this e-mail so we can get you sorted as we are unable to ship the gaskets internationally).

Finally, we also want to provide some important information regarding the design, tuning, and performance of your new woofers. When we engineered the woofers for your BMW, as with everything we do, our focus was on maximizing sound quality and usable performance first, and total bass output second.

What does this mean? Without any additional equalization, our woofers (relative to the factory speakers and Stage One) will be slightly quieter than the factory woofers in some, but not all, applications. However, with some small EQ adjustments, their usable output (meaning how loud they can be played without distortion) is significantly higher, and their dynamics and low end extension are, in a word, exceptional.

Long story short, if after installing your new woofers you'd like more bass output, some small adjustments to your EQ will absolutely blow you away!

Here are the recommended changes if your goal is maximum bass output:

(NOTE: these are not "absolute" recommendations, but how much you should adjust from your "normal" settings to optimize bass response)

1.Reduce your Treble setting by 2-4 "notches" and leave "Bass" where it is.
2.Adjust your EQ as follows:

100Hz +1 click
200Hz -2 clicks
500Hz (none)
1KHz -1 click
2 KHz -4 clicks
5 KHz -4 clicks
10 KHz -1-3 clicks
Finally, your new woofers need time to fully break in and sound their best -- around 10-20 hours at least of playing time. Before they're fully broken in, output and dynamics won't be at their peak level. As they say, good things take time!

Once again, we're so sorry for the inconvenience. Even after an amazing 11 years in business, we still make mistakes, but we've always taken care of our customers, and we always will. Thanks so much in advance for your understanding and for being such an amazing customer; you make what we do the greatest job in the world.

Now, just hang tight for your gasket material and for that follow up installation video shortly, and as always, if you have ANY questions, or there's anything at all we can do for you, please let us know.

what surprises me is all the engineering that went into this all this info that's just now being posted should have been made before people made the purchase that way people knew what they were getting. i'm sure most people were looking for bass output and when i read that comes in 2nd i was like what?? if this was made known in the beginnig and i was in the market for subs i would not purchased these.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2015, 03:08 AM   #20
pinguhk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
looks like they forgot to quality check these as the first shipment did not include a gasket. fellow member in the 5 series forum said he wasn't impressed with these. hopefully you guys can get your installed and post your impressions. here's Bav's response:

DONT INSTALL YET!
First and foremost, thank you SO much for your purchase of our all-new Ghost Underseat Subwoofer Upgrades for your 5 Series. We can't wait for you to get them installed and rocking out. But first, please read this e-mail as it contains ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY information to ensure your woofers sound amazing!

However, as sometimes happens with new products, we made a mistake creating the parts list during manufacturing, and a gasket required for installation wasn't correctly pre-installed on the woofers. Without this gasket, your new woofers won't seal properly in their enclosures, resulting in poor performance.

Our goal is always to make your experience as simple, easy, and enjoyable as possible, and to make a product that is 100% complete right out of the box. We didn't live up to our standards, and I want to personally apologize for our mistake

The good news? The fix is incredibly easy, and we're already taking care of it.

All that's needed is some new gasket material which you can apply to your enclosure before installation. As of this e-mail, we're already in the process of purchasing and sending the gasket material that's required to the shipping address you provided for your purchase. In order to ensure you receive it as quickly as possible, we'll be sending the gasket via Amazon Prime so you'll have it in 2 days or less and can install right away). If you need it shipped to an address other than your original shipping address, please reply ASAP and let us know.

(We won't be sending you tracking numbers simply because you'll probably have the gasket before we can get that out to you!)

If you're in a rush and would like to source the gasket material locally so you don't have to wait to install your new woofers, you can do so at any Home Depot or similar. Here's the gasket material we'll be sending you:

http://www.amazon.com/Frost-King-V25...5%3A2470955011

Plus, as our way of saying thank you, we'll be sending you a $15 Amazon Gift Card which you can use to purchase some amazing new music to enjoy with your new subs.

Now, because we didn't expect this to be necessary, we naturally haven't produced an installation video on how to apply the gasket and install your new woofers with it, but expect a follow up e-mail in the next 24 hours with a complete video on the installation process.

(NOTE: If you are outside the U.S., please reply to this e-mail so we can get you sorted as we are unable to ship the gaskets internationally).

Finally, we also want to provide some important information regarding the design, tuning, and performance of your new woofers. When we engineered the woofers for your BMW, as with everything we do, our focus was on maximizing sound quality and usable performance first, and total bass output second.

What does this mean? Without any additional equalization, our woofers (relative to the factory speakers and Stage One) will be slightly quieter than the factory woofers in some, but not all, applications. However, with some small EQ adjustments, their usable output (meaning how loud they can be played without distortion) is significantly higher, and their dynamics and low end extension are, in a word, exceptional.

Long story short, if after installing your new woofers you'd like more bass output, some small adjustments to your EQ will absolutely blow you away!

Here are the recommended changes if your goal is maximum bass output:

(NOTE: these are not "absolute" recommendations, but how much you should adjust from your "normal" settings to optimize bass response)

1.Reduce your Treble setting by 2-4 "notches" and leave "Bass" where it is.
2.Adjust your EQ as follows:

100Hz +1 click
200Hz -2 clicks
500Hz (none)
1KHz -1 click
2 KHz -4 clicks
5 KHz -4 clicks
10 KHz -1-3 clicks
Finally, your new woofers need time to fully break in and sound their best -- around 10-20 hours at least of playing time. Before they're fully broken in, output and dynamics won't be at their peak level. As they say, good things take time!

Once again, we're so sorry for the inconvenience. Even after an amazing 11 years in business, we still make mistakes, but we've always taken care of our customers, and we always will. Thanks so much in advance for your understanding and for being such an amazing customer; you make what we do the greatest job in the world.

Now, just hang tight for your gasket material and for that follow up installation video shortly, and as always, if you have ANY questions, or there's anything at all we can do for you, please let us know.

what surprises me is all the engineering that went into this all this info that's just now being posted should have been made before people made the purchase that way people knew what they were getting. i'm sure most people were looking for bass output and when i read that comes in 2nd i was like what?? if this was made known in the beginnig and i was in the market for subs i would not purchased these.
I saw this on the 3er forum too and I hope they will ship it to me soon.
I already wait for 11 year so a few more days is OK with me as long as they get it right in the end.
      12-24-2015, 09:04 PM   #21
vaio23
Private First Class
Rep

I just installed mine with gasket, so far haven't been too impressed. I will let them break in but I can definitely turn up the volume higher without distortion and crank up midbass on eq
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2015, 08:53 AM   #22
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaio23 View Post
I just installed mine with gasket, so far haven't been too impressed. I will let them break in but I can definitely turn up the volume higher without distortion and crank up midbass on eq
definitely come back and give us your impressions once you break them in!
Appreciate 0