BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-26-2017, 06:13 PM   #23
guarnibl
Major
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracerlo View Post
damn does it suck to live in the UK or what?
I'd shoot them little suckers, teenagers or not. attack my property and it's personal.
In AZ they'd be dead. Literally. That said there's bad parts/people everywhere in the world -- hope it stops where you're at OP.
      03-27-2017, 05:45 AM   #24
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by guarnibl View Post
In AZ they'd be dead. Literally. That said there's bad parts/people everywhere in the world -- hope it stops where you're at OP.
the laws in UK states that bodily harm constitutes a more serious crime than burglary, so you cant even lay your hands on these little shits, there has been several cases where victims have been sued by the assailants.

Only yesterday a 15 yr old was arrested for tasselling a motorist as part of a car jack
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2017, 07:34 AM   #25
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Well guys after 3 months waiting and after £25ks worth of repairs, here is what the dealership think is acceptable, ps take a look at the 2 variants of thread / stitching on the rear seat base and back rest.

Would you say the leather shades are different too, i would ??

I give up !!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 01:58 PM   #26
SpartaEvolution
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E39 M5, E36 328racecar

So sorry to hear this happened. Some people just don't care or are jealous of other people's success.

It does happen here in the states but when everyone has a weapon, it detours some criminals a bit, knowing that their life is in danger just for throwing a brick.

As for the seat. Not sure why the dealer would not just order an entirely new seat. Then everything would match. I'm not sure that they would try to repair and restitch a seat when they can just order a brand new one from BMW that way you are happy and the dealer makes a ton of money on a new part.

The picture is hard to tell the differences in color or stitching because of the light but I hope that this all turns out for you.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2017, 05:04 AM   #27
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks I'm sure it will be resolved, of course the issue is the time it will take, with hindsight i should not have agreed to take back the car until this was all resolved
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 11:08 AM   #28
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep
Drives: 23 Jahre G80 M3

Color and stitching is wayyy off. Please post some more pics... i cant believe BMW would give the car back to like that.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 12:02 PM   #29
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurohorses View Post
Color and stitching is wayyy off. Please post some more pics... i cant believe BMW would give the car back to like that.
Yes its very strange as the parts are coded to the cars chassis and it should not be possible to order incorrect parts
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2017, 06:15 AM   #30
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

well after best part of 4 months this is where i am with the repairs, i really question if BMW has the ability to support these expensive cars given there mainstream brand as for me the attention to detail is none existent.

So here goes

- Leather bolsters / stitching cant be matched apparently, it would appear there is a break down in the manufacturing process somewhere.

- The paint repair it self is below standard, the painted panels have been over polished to leave a glass like finish as opposed to the factory orange peel finish, dry ends everywhere mainly in the window recessed where the lazy painter should have painted window surrounds when the front / rear windows were out.
- Broken interiors bits due to them fitted badly.
- Machine polish marks in the new paint
- loose fitting roof runners the ones that cover the roof rail holes.
- Brand New shadow line window trim that has been machine polished over and damaged, should have been masked.
- Shadow line on mirrors also damaged by machine
- Damaged gear leaver where the leather has been scarped when the removed the aluminium surround to fix the centre trim
- Alloy wheel damaged with their jet wash end has hit the rim when the car was being washed i guess.

The list goes on.

The current state of play is that i have been advised that the above will be rectified, i have insisted in perfection given the cars age and miles i.e. <2.5k miles and 8 months old, having said they i have been requested to offer my better nature if the job is as good as it can get.

BMW GB have offered a 3 month payment holiday and an undisclosed figure towards the new car.

Any views guys on next steps, i have started the ball rolling re Sytner and BMW GB offering a replacement vehicle, though this may be a long shot as the problem is not down to the car it self, rather poor aftersales.

Four months of stress due to some chav scum low life who needs to have there bones broken !!

Any further advice guys ?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2017, 08:58 AM   #31
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

You're doing the right thing not accepting the car back until its right.

These dealerships are just not able to operate to the standards required. The complex high end products they sell exceed their abilities to service and repair.

The mechanics and bodywork guys are just kwik-fit monkeys, no clue about the care and time required to do a proper job. People who are good at it work for themselves or an indy these days leaving the dealers with the leftovers...

Keep up the pressure on BMW UK.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2017, 10:16 AM   #32
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

your comments are very true, they took me out to the workshop to view the car and you really should see some of the inexperienced guys working on high end 6s and 7s. The body shop manager actually said that he would support me taking the vehicle to an independent body shop, this would of course dissolve him of any further liability, my response was of course no !.

I have taken the car back as i was sick of not having the use of it, its back in this week and will not turn a wheel until its perfect.

Can you believe that they actually said that they would appeal to my better nature if the jobs as good as they can get it.

I wonder what they do with Rollers, Mazas, Ferraris etc all of which are sold from within the Sytner group
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2017, 05:59 PM   #33
ARKONE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 458; '16 Escalade; '12 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taheemr View Post
well after best part of 4 months this is where i am with the repairs, i really question if BMW has the ability to support these expensive cars given there mainstream brand as for me the attention to detail is none existent.

So here goes

- Leather bolsters / stitching cant be matched apparently, it would appear there is a break down in the manufacturing process somewhere.

- The paint repair it self is below standard, the painted panels have been over polished to leave a glass like finish as opposed to the factory orange peel finish, dry ends everywhere mainly in the window recessed where the lazy painter should have painted window surrounds when the front / rear windows were out.
- Broken interiors bits due to them fitted badly.
- Machine polish marks in the new paint
- loose fitting roof runners the ones that cover the roof rail holes.
- Brand New shadow line window trim that has been machine polished over and damaged, should have been masked.
- Shadow line on mirrors also damaged by machine
- Damaged gear leaver where the leather has been scarped when the removed the aluminium surround to fix the centre trim
- Alloy wheel damaged with their jet wash end has hit the rim when the car was being washed i guess.

The list goes on.

The current state of play is that i have been advised that the above will be rectified, i have insisted in perfection given the cars age and miles i.e. <2.5k miles and 8 months old, having said they i have been requested to offer my better nature if the job is as good as it can get.

BMW GB have offered a 3 month payment holiday and an undisclosed figure towards the new car.

Any views guys on next steps, i have started the ball rolling re Sytner and BMW GB offering a replacement vehicle, though this may be a long shot as the problem is not down to the car it self, rather poor aftersales.

Four months of stress due to some chav scum low life who needs to have there bones broken !!

Any further advice guys ?
Walk away from the car. As much as I hate to say it, it's time to leave her behind. My M5 was hit by a drunk driver during St. Patty's day. Took nearly a month to fix, but it needed some mechanical work and some specialized tools to be flown in so it's understandable. However in your case, if they can't even match the stitching and leather in your car, there's a problem.

If they are offering the 3 month payment holiday and a sum towards a new car, take it and apply it towards a new M5?

Side note, this is why Europe scares me. Too many motorcycle thefts and car burglaries. While we have a ton of issues ourselves theft is not a problem as thieves are too scared in most areas to try anything in case someone is armed,
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2017, 07:32 PM   #34
stankdaddy
Registered
Rep
Drives: F13 M6/997.1T

newbie here hello guys

these gangs are all over london too, I previously had to chase one of these thieving scum down my road once when I had my previous E92.
Have now had to block the cars in the driveway so they cant physically get out the drive
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 02:46 AM   #35
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Issue is that if the car is replaced i will most likely have to foot the main part of the cost towards a replacement when you factor in price to get out of the finance agreement and the negative equity i will face, the BMW goodwill will not cover £1000s of pounds of negative equity in my view.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2017, 09:39 AM   #36
BDO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 40d M-sport

A crazy unfortunate situation to find yourself in and one I sympathize with since dealers in my part of the work are the same. I'd lean on BMW GB as much as possible, it's their franchised bodyshop and their responsibility. I'd also lean on your insurer.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 04:42 AM   #37
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

the insurer is not too interested as it was my insistence to go outside their approved provider.

BMW GB also involved albeit in limited capacity now and only really chasing long lead time parts, in their words this is not a manufacturers issue rather a dispute at local level. In any case the cars back into the body shop tomorrow so lets see what more BS they come up with. Having said that they have never refused to "try" to fix the issue, the emphasis being on the word try which needs to be will fix of course.

Lets hope !
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 01:48 PM   #38
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Rights guys, quick update, that after several attempts the BMW supplier of the leather seat covers cannot match the stitching or leather shade, the only solution is to change out the entire interior, dash, seats, door cards the lot. BMW GB have done the honourable thing and offered brand new replacement factory ordered car together with an OK compensation value to cover 3/4months of lost use whilst they sorted their supplychain out. They have 28 cars in the UK network either with poverty specs or loaded individual cars with B&O, indi paint etc at c£120k, suffice to say they wouldn't agree to one of these. The only issue is that my car was on 0% and the current finance offers are at 2.9%, so a final push is in order to get to the 0%. The decision now is what colour,i.e. stay as is black or try something a little more daring.

Cheers

Ps, I have been told that BMW UK will stop taking orders for the M6GC in Sept this year !
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 02:04 PM   #39
M5 London
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 LCI - Aventurine Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taheemr View Post
Rights guys, quick update, that after several attempts the BMW supplier of the leather seat covers cannot match the stitching or leather shade, the only solution is to change out the entire interior, dash, seats, door cards the lot. BMW GB have done the honourable thing and offered brand new replacement factory ordered car together with an OK compensation value to cover 3/4months of lost use whilst they sorted their supplychain out. They have 28 cars in the UK network either with poverty specs or loaded individual cars with B&O, indi paint etc at c£120k, suffice to say they wouldn't agree to one of these. The only issue is that my car was on 0% and the current finance offers are at 2.9%, so a final push is in order to get to the 0%. The decision now is what colour,i.e. stay as is black or try something a little more daring.

Cheers

Ps, I have been told that BMW UK will stop taking orders for the M6GC in Sept this year !
Good result there after all the stress !
      07-13-2017, 02:20 PM   #40
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5 London View Post
Good result there after all the stress !
Yes, by the way heated steering wheel has been ordered as has B&O, the compo will cover the B&O so rude not too, Colour TBC
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2017, 02:11 AM   #41
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Great news Taheer, well done for sticking it out.

A new car after a broken window! wow! how poor is the BMW repair network?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2017, 03:08 AM   #42
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

This does really sum up that the after sales support is not upto the job, Begs the question though how many cars there are out there that could have this issue in the event of interior problems
Appreciate 0