AlphaAlpineM6
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 & 2012 AMG CLS63

Garage List
Exclamation Data - Logging

Greetings fellow forum members,

Wanted to get a thread started in the efforts to share our logged information.

Now that more and more piggyback "tunes" and hardware are available for the S63TU platform I thought it would be helpful to share information -

on boost and vacuum specifically.

If you are running stock hardware and software please post results to be used as a community baseline. I'd like to note how much more I am boosting compared to a stock car.

If you could additionally post if you have been experiencing any issues including limp mode as a result of your modifications.

This will help diagnose issues a few of us on the board have been having, including the "drivetrain malfunction" indicator that appears on the iDrive.

I will start by sharing my information first, hoping all members will follow in a similar format keeping this thread nice and organized;

Platform: 2014 M6 S63TU

Engine Modifications (hardware and software): AMS catless downpipes

Data: sharing info on my boost. at WOT in gears 1 2 and 3 max boost = 16.5 in gears 4 5 6 and 7 max boost = 18.8

Problems and Errors: The iDrive indicates "drivetrain malfunction" error coming out of the top of 4th gear. Short-shifting 4th remedies this issue.

I assume I'm hitting a torque limit in the transmission or more likely a boost limit in the DME.

After the install of the downpipes I noticed the car was burning more oil. In-addition since the install the iDrive no longer indicates for an oil top-off unless I measure manually.

I can not verify that the downpipes were a direct cause of the above noted issues, however they did start to become an issue after the installation of the downpipes.

Otherwise according to Blackstone oil laboratories the engine is healthy.

Measuring Tool: P3Cars VID via OBD - I assume I'm hitting a torque limit in the transmission or more likely a boost limit in the DME.

2008 M3 Sedan + catless + Tune
2012 CLS63 AMG
2014 M6 Coupe + catless + KW V3
2015 Porsche GT3
, 2015 M3, all stock, 1/1 Space Grey

Last edited by AlphaAlpineM6; 04-24-2014 at 02:24 PM..
Appreciate 0