BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

12-18-2014, 03:02 PM   #1
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

ECU Tuning Group - Before & After Numbers Anyone?

If anyone has tuned their M6 with ECU Tuning Groups Stage 2 tune and have before and after dyno numbers (using same dyno) I would be interested in hearing the results.

I know one or two of you have this tune on your car but before and after dyno pulls were never done so I am not really interested in "seat-feeling-horsepower".

Thanks guys!

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 08:32 AM   #2
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Interested as well. Bump.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 11:43 AM   #3
BTF13M6
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M6 Coupe

Boy, mum is the word after people leave this shop. Someone who has had work done there has to have feedback, positive or otherwise.....

20" ADV.1 5.0 MV1SL with Pirelli Pzero's
Custom Painted Grill, side markers and tinted front reflectors, Dinan Stage 1.

Last edited by BTF13M6; 12-21-2014 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: mis-spelling
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 02:36 PM   #4
jnkirk1974
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Garage List
Yep, all customers go radio silent, after the work is done.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 08:29 AM   #5
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
This is quite strange. If something went horribly wrong this is the first place I'd tear the responsible party a new one. If something went absolutely right this is where I would express my delight. Seems no one wants to say a thing about this shop, negative, positive, or in between. Either the cars end up so well that they're just having too much fun driving to even bother posting about it or they turn into death traps and kill every single driver on their way out of the shop.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2015, 08:26 AM   #6
Sharif507
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 F13 2014

BRIAN,

whats up bud,
long time i know, last november and december have been crazy for me, just this weekend i took the car to the shop to get it dynoed. it was onn a dynojet.
stock it was 495hp to the wheels, after the ecu tune stage 1, i am at 583hp to the wheels. tq is stock 521 at the wheels, after the tune 577tq.

here is a dyno sheet that has been long time promised to you bud.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2015, 10:03 PM   #7
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif507 View Post
BRIAN,

whats up bud,
long time i know, last november and december have been crazy for me, just this weekend i took the car to the shop to get it dynoed. it was onn a dynojet.
stock it was 495hp to the wheels, after the ecu tune stage 1, i am at 583hp to the wheels. tq is stock 521 at the wheels, after the tune 577tq.

here is a dyno sheet that has been long time promised to you bud.
Thanks for posting the results. There was a claim somewhere the hp would be at ~660hp and that doesn't look to be the case. I asked Jags a few times if the HP would be 660hp after the tune was applied and he never directly answered the question.

My m6 dyno'ed at 527hp stock on the Dyno I used and with JB4 on +4 it put down 614hp for a gain of 87hp. It looks like you got a gain of 88hp so it's inline with the tune I have now.

The gain is really what I wanted to know because I was contemplating going with ECUTG's tune but it doesn't look like I will gain anything -- I will stick with my tune.

Brian
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 07:47 AM   #8
Sharif507
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian View Post
Thanks for posting the results. There was a claim somewhere the hp would be at ~660hp and that doesn't look to be the case. I asked Jags a few times if the HP would be 660hp after the tune was applied and he never directly answered the question.

My m6 dyno'ed at 527hp stock on the Dyno I used and with JB4 on +4 it put down 614hp for a gain of 87hp. It looks like you got a gain of 88hp so it's inline with the tune I have now.

The gain is really what I wanted to know because I was contemplating going with ECUTG's tune but it doesn't look like I will gain anything -- I will stick with my tune.

Brian
Brian, my tuner has been talking to ecu oftenly, we might go for stage2, that will be about 660hp to the wheels. "allegedly". will post results when i upgrade.

sharif
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 01:00 PM   #9
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 F06

Quote:
Brian, my tuner has been talking to ecu oftenly, we might go for stage2, that will be about 660hp to the wheels. "allegedly". will post results when i upgrade.

sharif
Can't wait to see the results
      01-06-2015, 03:26 PM   #10
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Quote:

sharif
I would love for you to move to Stage 2 and post the gains. If you get 660hp to the wheel I will be a customer.

Brian
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 06:41 PM   #11
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep

And i will be a customer, but i doubt it
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 08:21 AM   #12
Sharif507
Second Lieutenant
Rep

i will keep you posted!!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 11:53 AM   #13
JoeyLeeBMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW ///M6 Alpine White

Garage List
I've always heard nothing but negative reviews about ECU Tuning products + it being overly priced for doing the same thing as a knock off of all JB4 Burger Tuning products.

Just my .02 cents and proved my car being faster against all of their proclaimed high numbered cars at Shift S3ctor.

2014 BMW ///M6 Coupe "Competition Package" CLICK: Intro Thread Pictures

l Vorsteiner CA Demo Car l Toyo Tires l Trinity Autosport l Targa Trophy l Shift S3ctor
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 01:49 PM   #14
Sharif507
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyLeeBMW View Post
I've always heard nothing but negative reviews about ECU Tuning products + it being overly priced for doing the same thing as a knock off of all JB4 Burger Tuning products.

Just my .02 cents and proved my car being faster against all of their proclaimed high numbered cars at Shift S3ctor.
well, i dont know about jb4 or any other tune/piggyback as i have not had it on the car, however i can see that i am very pleased with the power and performance the car with the ecu tuning on, the car is literally a beast, ive had cero problems, messages, erros. the car is running tight and smooth and literally makes me scared at times. i dont know if jb4 does this for you, if it does. good for you. but one thing is certain. 2,000 + 550 bucks on the dyno time for an extra mm 80+hp and 80+tq increase to the wheels is pretty awesome. specially if you consider that just a front lip from vorsteiner is 2,500 + install. point and case, everything for the m6 and m5 is expensive. big boy cars says one of the guys that sells me, i later found out he was right. peace
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 01:51 PM   #15
Sharif507
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

aaaaaaaaaalso, it would be amazing if you would post your dyno sheet for the jb4. that way we can compare.

sharif
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 04:15 PM   #16
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Sharif - I am posting my dyno sheet below because I have it readily available -- I understand you want his and not mine though.

I was able to achieve 614rwhp on JB4 set at +4. When we turned the JB4 all the way down to 0 it put down 527rwhp. Every dyno reads a bit differently so it's better to go with the gain between stock and tuned vs. the final rwhp number.

I think your ECTG is right up there with everything else on the market right now. I have feeling I already said this earlier in the thread so not sure why I am posting it again lol.

I am going to add a Methanol Kit to my M6 to see what else I can squeeze out of this bad boy. I am working with M6Beast on it right now. I will get the car back on the dyno once we get everything finalized and post results.

Here is the JB4 dyno sheet:

/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 04:17 PM   #17
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Sharif - I am posting my dyno sheet below because I have it readily available -- I understand you want his and not mine though.

I was able to achieve 614rwhp on JB4 set at +4. When we turned the JB4 all the way down to 0 it put down 527rwhp. Every dyno reads a bit differently so it's better to go with the gain between stock and tuned vs. the final rwhp number.

I think your ECTG is right up there with everything else on the market right now. I have feeling I already said this earlier in the thread so not sure why I am posting it again lol. Everyone has an opinion on what the best tune is and honestly I don't see any tune being THAT MUCH different from another right now -- they are all in the same range when comparing gains. I don't think you got ripped off or anything but I would like to see the 660rwhp claim on Stage2 (I am a bit skeptical as no other tune produces this).

I am going to add a Methanol Kit to my M6 to see what else I can squeeze out of this bad boy. I am working with M6Beast on it right now. I will get the car back on the dyno once we get everything finalized and post results.

Here is the JB4 dyno sheet:

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 04:24 PM   #18
JoeyLeeBMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW ///M6 Alpine White

Garage List
Quote:
well, i dont know about jb4 or any other tune/piggyback as i have not had it on the car, however i can see that i am very pleased with the power and performance the car with the ecu tuning on, the car is literally a beast, ive had cero problems, messages, erros. the car is running tight and smooth and literally makes me scared at times. i dont know if jb4 does this for you, if it does. good for you. but one thing is certain. 2,000 + 550 bucks on the dyno time for an extra mm 80+hp and 80+tq increase to the wheels is pretty awesome. specially if you consider that just a front lip from vorsteiner is 2,500 + install. point and case, everything for the m6 and m5 is expensive. big boy cars says one of the guys that sells me, i later found out he was right. peace
Keep in mind every dyno reads differently. Not to mention you being on a Dynojet will also read a higher number.

Numbers on the dyno really proves nothing when you are running the car side by side against another car.

$550 for dyno time is ridiculous especially when there is no tuning available for our cars till this day.

It is simple as plugging in a PSI boost # and that is about it for our F10/F13 chassis cars.

What current modifications do you have on your car bc from what I know there is only limited amount of things you can do to our cars at this point.

Every other company/tuner has been trying to crack the ECU for years since the F10 first released and till this day not one company has cracked it nor has been able to tune our cars.

Keep in mind the ECU Tuning, JB4 along with every other Piggyback systems for our cars all do the same exact thing of raising the boost for our cars.

Don't mind my Vorsteiner kit I am fully sponsored by Vorsteiner (owners personal friend) having them use my car as 2014 Vorsteiner demo car my friend. This isn't the first M car or fast car I'ved modded bud.

I do agree you have to pay to play.

My 2014 Competition Package dynoed at 565 RWHP at EAS - European Auto Sales.

My last dyno was 667 rwhp with all my mods on MS109 Octane.

Still not one "new" ///M car has been faster than my car with all the tunes + mods.

The day you can prove your M6 can beat the new 2014 Mclaren MP4-12c Spyder with Sport Tune + MS109 Octane in a 1/2 mile race from a 40 mph rolling start then you can do the talking but till then

2014 BMW ///M6 Coupe "Competition Package" CLICK: Intro Thread Pictures

l Vorsteiner CA Demo Car l Toyo Tires l Trinity Autosport l Targa Trophy l Shift S3ctor
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 08:29 PM   #19
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Don't mind my Vorsteiner kit I am fully sponsored by Vorsteiner (owners personal friend) having them use my car as 2014 Vorsteiner demo car my friend. This isn't the first M car or fast car I'ved modded bud.
Love me some Vorsteiner! I have been told my full aero kit gives me another 10hp! lol... Kidding... Kidding... Kidding... But it looks sexy as shit!

Quote:
My last dyno was 667 rwhp with all my mods on MS109 Octane.
102hp gain is very impressive (yeh buddy). Can you tell me what mods you have bolted up and what do you have your tune set at? Running Meth?

I had full length Eisenmann, catless downpipes, GruppeM intake, JB4 set to +4, running C16 fuel and I was only able to yield an ~80hp gain on the dyno. You have the comp pack so maybe that is what is pushing you to 102hp gain.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 09:48 AM   #20
Sharif507
Second Lieutenant
Rep

haha indeed i think the vorsteiner kit makes my car 10hp more powerfull tooo hahaa i just recently added the side skirts now its complete, my borther on the other hand, just got an m6 grand coupe. m6 brothas.. and i kick his ass with tune, or without it. i have AMS DOWNPIPES CATTED (dont want cel, DAMN YOU CEL!!!!!!) full mesiterschaft gt exhaust (catback), afe power intake system and tune. plusssss all the vorsteiner goodies... anyways i understadn what you mean, but hey i went this way and maybe it is the same as the jb4, and maybe i did pay more, but i am 100% happy with it and at the end thats what matters, how you feel with your beast when ur rolling 4th on the highway lower your shift to 3rd, push the shiiiiiiit out of it and people around u crap their pants looooool.

i love my m6 and im sure you guys love yours too.. enjoy in good health!!! herese a pick of my bros m6 chilling by mine.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 10:20 AM   #21
Sharif507
Second Lieutenant
Rep

a guy, his name is LENNY WU, he works at RENNTECH (they tune lots of german cars mercedes porsche etc) dont know if youve heard of it, however he is offering me A FULL ECU TUNE, he says he has completely cracked the ECU thanks to a machine given to him by porsche that allows him to access the bmw computer on the m5/m6 . hes asking me take down the ecus from the car, ship it to him in the usa and he will re-write everything on the ecu. he claims 620hp to the wheels which will give you a healty 745hp. which sounds sick, dont know dont know.. this tuning shit is so abstract i dont know what to believe in anymore!!!!!!!!!!!! asking price for the tune is $3,500 and he sent me a vid of the car rolling, limitter will be gone, no cel with catless. the complete works..

lol and i understand what you mean about the price of the dynotime, but rememebr i live in PANAMA CITY, PANAMA. total population is 4,000,000 so no doubt services like these are very rare and since there is not much competition in the market people take advantage of it. ))
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 11:13 AM   #22
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep

Quote:
a guy, his name is LENNY WU, he works at RENNTECH (they tune lots of german cars mercedes porsche etc) dont know if youve heard of it, however he is offering me A FULL ECU TUNE, he says he has completely cracked the ECU thanks to a machine given to him by porsche that allows him to access the bmw computer on the m5/m6 . hes asking me take down the ecus from the car, ship it to him in the usa and he will re-write everything on the ecu. he claims 620hp to the wheels which will give you a healty 745hp. which sounds sick, dont know dont know.. this tuning shit is so abstract i dont know what to believe in anymore!!!!!!!!!!!! asking price for the tune is $3,500 and he sent me a vid of the car rolling, limitter will be gone, no cel with catless. the complete works..

lol and i understand what you mean about the price of the dynotime, but rememebr i live in PANAMA CITY, PANAMA. total population is 4,000,000 so no doubt services like these are very rare and since there is not much competition in the market people take advantage of it. ))
620whp that's as far as they get ?