11-12-2015, 07:08 AM   #45
wolverine566
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 640i GC M-Sport Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennisr View Post
Well I don't know if they are flush, because I haven't found a picture of a gran coupe taken directly from behind. I did found one on this forum from someone who has a coupe and they stick out. Let me look for it.
Theres a guy who has posted pictures from behind and they are flush. Look for posts by menacez.

Actually, this is his post. From the pictures on the first page, it don't look like they stick out.

Last edited by wolverine566; 11-12-2015 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: Addition
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 03:31 PM   #46
Dennisr
Private
Rep
Drives: 640D Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine566 View Post
Theres a guy who has posted pictures from behind and they are flush. Look for posts by menacez.

Actually, this is his post. From the pictures on the first page, it don't look like they stick out.
For everyone who's debating on the M5 wheels. It's a personal choice if you like it ot not but they do stick out.

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthre...2#post18892922
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 04:32 PM   #47
wolverine566
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
For everyone who's debating on the M5 wheels. It's a personal choice if you like it ot not but they do stick out.

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthre...2#post18892922
Sorry mate, I have never fitted them - just going off what others have said and they seem to like the fitment. I'm not a big fan of them personally so went for the Vossen's instead and those are a perfect fit (no poke even when looking above the fender). Running really wide 295 tires in the rear too. I would always recommend going down the after-market route rather than fit from other vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 02:45 AM   #48
Dennisr
Private
Rep

Quote:
Sorry mate, I have never fitted them - just going off what others have said and they seem to like the fitment. I'm not a big fan of them personally so went for the Vossen's instead and those are a perfect fit (no poke even when looking above the fender). Running really wide 295 tires in the rear too. I would always recommend going down the after-market route rather than fit from other vehicles.
I've also had the Vossen CV4 wheels (10,5J ET42) on my 6 when it was brandnew. Didn't like the look on my matte grey car. They are 2 mm less wide to the outside than these M5 wheels. My personal opinion was, that they also were to wide. But my car wasn't lowered then, so that would make a difference in appearance.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 05:44 AM   #49
wolverine566
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Yes, colour of car makes a big difference to the type of wheels and lowering is essential if going after-market or they will poke. Yours do look like they are too wide. I think for a 10.5J, anything beyond about ET38 on the rear will stick out. I love the Vossen VFS-1's with deep concaves on my car as it is a Tanzanite Blue and I've have had load of compliments since having them on. Plus the extra width really gives road presence.

Enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 05:56 AM   #50
Dennisr
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yes, colour of car makes a big difference to the type of wheels and lowering is essential if going after-market or they will poke. Yours do look like they are too wide. I think for a 10.5J, anything beyond about ET38 on the rear will stick out. I love the Vossen VFS-1's with deep concaves on my car as it is a Tanzanite Blue and I've have had load of compliments since having them on. Plus the extra width really gives road presence.

Enjoy.
Car looks awesome, nice vid. I'm curious if they recommended other dimensions of the wheel than they did with mine. Can you give me the specs of your wheels please, especially the rear? Width and ET.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 07:44 AM   #51
wolverine566
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Car looks awesome, nice vid. I'm curious if they recommended other dimensions of the wheel than they did with mine. Can you give me the specs of your wheels please, especially the rear? Width and ET.

Thanks,
Thanks mate. I was told these specific wheels were made for the 6 series.

Specs are:

Rears
21" diameter 10.5J ET38
Continental tires (295 / 25 / R21)

Fronts
21" diameter 9J ET30
Continental tires (255 / 30 / R21)

Gloss Silver finish.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 10:34 AM   #52
Dennisr
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thanks mate. I was told these specific wheels were made for the 6 series.

Specs are:

Rears
21" diameter 10.5J ET38
Continental tires (295 / 25 / R21)

Fronts
21" diameter 9J ET30
Continental tires (255 / 30 / R21)

Gloss Silver finish.

Cheers
I was told the same, but received 10.5J ET42, so someone at Vossen is sleeping half the time when doing his job.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 10:55 AM   #53
wolverine566
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I was told the same, but received 10.5J ET42, so someone at Vossen is sleeping half the time when doing his job.
Yes, that sound's lazy. But I was really into this stuff and did a lot of research myself.

Initially, I was going to go for the Vorstenier's (ET28 and ET30) which were built for the M6 and was told differing statements from re-sellers. So I became suspicious and did the checks myself even going as far as measuring with a ruler and eventually all the re-sellers came to the same conclusion that they wouldn't fit. So they nearly sold me non-fitting wheels!

I didn't make the same mistake with the Vossen's and checked that many people in the USA had successfully fitted.

I've learned that even the professionals are not sure about every fitment as there are so many vehicles out there and so many more alloy manufacturers so there is always a risk of getting the wrong size / measurement.
Appreciate 0