BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      02-11-2016, 06:23 AM   #1
NINJA59
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 640D GC and MX5 NC PRHT

Number of 12v Ports in a F06

Can any of my UK buddies confirm how many 12 volt ports they have?

I keep seeing anything between two and three! Specifically the one I want to know most is where there is still one under the dash?

I have my reasons as I want to run a dashcam, but like any dashcam I initially don't trust them so I always start with them just running off 12v ports, if the under the dash one is there it makes my life easy.

Oh and also my insurers for said dashcam allow ones plugged into the 12v port to be "temporary", if hardwired they are a modification...grey lines I bet you.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 09:42 PM   #2
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 640d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJA59
Can any of my UK buddies confirm how many 12 volt ports they have?

I keep seeing anything between two and three! Specifically the one I want to know most is where there is still one under the dash?

I have my reasons as I want to run a dashcam, but like any dashcam I initially don't trust them so I always start with them just running off 12v ports, if the under the dash one is there it makes my life easy.

Oh and also my insurers for said dashcam allow ones plugged into the 12v port to be "temporary", if hardwired they are a modification...grey lines I bet you.
I'm sure we have two! My f30 had one underneath which was handy but it's not too bad in the six with the way I've tucked it away.

My dash cam is plugged into the one in the armrest. I tucked the wire in around the window screen then down and under dash then tucked up under the trim on the centre console then up into the armrest half way along the seat so it's fairly well hidden.