BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      03-27-2015, 11:16 AM   #1541
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

So I just went to get a haircut because I was starting to look a little like a molester, so after I came out looking beautiful again, I was pretty hungry. I hate eating out for lunch, but my stomach was on full turn. I get in driveup line at the KFC/TBELL, order a pot pie, a chicken wrap thing, and two tacos....,

I'm sitting at my desk realizing that I really don't even want to eat all of this. Now instead of donating it to a poor person, I have to throw it in the trash to show off my superiority.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 01:51 PM   #1542
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

That's the proper First World thing to do.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 07:21 PM   #1543
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Isn't that the only thing that should be done to Taco Bell? Take out of bag, place directly in toilet.
      03-29-2015, 08:36 PM   #1544
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
Isn't that the only thing that should be done to Taco Bell? Take out of bag, place directly in toilet.
Tru dat. Crap in, crap out.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 06:55 AM   #1545
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

On the way to work today, my ashtray door would not close. Here we go again, might need a new car but the dealer cannot handle the sale over the phone. Decided to call an independent shop to get their opinion. The master tech said, "Check to see if there's anything obstructing the door, sometimes there'll be a pen, etc. preventing it from closing." Sure enough, there was a pen. All that panic for nothing. And he only charged $99 for a phone consult--would have been $159 if my assistant drove it over and they had to look in person.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 07:31 AM   #1546
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

What jackass left a pen in the ashtray?

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 07:35 AM   #1547
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

What jackass charges $99 for a phone consult? Who the fuck does he think he is, Madame Ruby?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 09:12 AM   #1548
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
What jackass charges $99 for a phone consult? Who the fuck does he think he is, Madame Ruby?
Really. I hardly ever pay more than $75. $99 is ridiculous.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 11:22 AM   #1549
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I may just have to RAISE my prices to stay competitive
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 10:57 PM   #1550
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
My work just upgraded my computer and monitor since I have to do their graphics. Sure, it's a faster computer, but not only having to install all the essentials needed for my work (Photoshop, Illustrator, MS Office, etc.) took a half day of my time when I have projects I have to rush on, the 23" monitor is bigger than the 17" screens (both my laptop and the previous monitor) that I'm used to working on... Not to mention I'm forcing myself to either adapt to seeing more information on a screen, or find myself undoing the maximize feature and resizing the window to a more manageable size.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 11:07 PM   #1551
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

One you go dualie, you'll never go back. Side by side 23" screens. Or a single 27" and adapt to non-maximized windows.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 11:18 PM   #1552
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Gotta make sure they're the same make and model or exact same size though; the only time I've ever went dual was a bastardized setup at another job and it was a royal pain in the ass... One was a widescreen 17" and the other was a 4:3 13" screen. Took me forever just to find the right balance of which data goes on which screen. I left that job for unrelated reasons though.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 09:38 AM   #1553
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
What jackass left a pen in the ashtray?
I bet it was my assistant's g/f, sometimes she picks her up at lunchtime using my car, because she washes it on the way back to the office (pen said follow me to Pinterest)
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 09:41 AM   #1554
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
Gotta make sure they're the same make and model or exact same size though; the only time I've ever went dual was a bastardized setup at another job and it was a royal pain in the ass... One was a widescreen 17" and the other was a 4:3 13" screen. Took me forever just to find the right balance of which data goes on which screen. I left that job for unrelated reasons though.
My wife had 3 at her last job, there is a tendency for cos. to do that when the employees' role generates revenue
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 01:08 PM   #1555
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

This morning Wifey and I left the house for work as usual, taking my C300. We got in, hit the start button (keyless entry & go) and drove to work. In the parking lot at work Wifey got out and walk over to the sidewalk about 15ft away. I got out and tried to lock the door by touching the door handle as usual. The doors wouldn't lock. It does this sometimes when it's really cold, but it was near 60F this morning. So I get PO'd because I now have to reach into my pocket for my keys to (I'm so ashamed) manually lock the doors.

Wait, WTF are my keys??? Check all my pockets and no damn keys.

Then it hits me. Wifey is too far away from the car for her key to be picked up by the system. We were able to drive in only because she had her key with her.

It's a really nice day, so I decided to park in Wifey's lot and walk up to my building instead of parking closer. I wonder what would have happened if I had dropped Wifey and started to drive away.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 08:31 PM   #1556
banditM3
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 M5

I took today off of work to play golf with my workmates. Beautiful sunny day, 75 degrees, not a cloud in the sky. Every damn last one of us forgot sunblock. I now have the most vicious farmers tan and sunburn that will take days lounging on the beach to fix.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 09:29 PM   #1557
DemolitionJim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 MW M3

Quote:
My work just upgraded my computer and monitor since I have to do their graphics. Sure, it's a faster computer, but not only having to install all the essentials needed for my work (Photoshop, Illustrator, MS Office, etc.) took a half day of my time when I have projects I have to rush on, the 23" monitor is bigger than the 17" screens (both my laptop and the previous monitor) that I'm used to working on... Not to mention I'm forcing myself to either adapt to seeing more information on a screen, or find myself undoing the maximize feature and resizing the window to a more manageable size.
graphic designer?

i used to have 2 24" monitors side by side. took a while to get used to but it was easy to drag stuff from program to program on different screens.

it was also nice to have work on one screen and movies on the other haha
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 09:45 PM   #1558
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionJim View Post

Baseball. MLB.TV

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 02:08 AM   #1559
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
It's a really nice day, so I decided to park in Wifey's lot and walk up to my building instead of parking closer. I wonder what would have happened if I had dropped Wifey and started to drive away.
At least you didn't have the blunder of working somewhere far away with different schedules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
My wife had 3 at her last job, there is a tendency for cos. to do that when the employees' role generates revenue
For me, it was efficient e-commerce processing into Quickbooks; the computers were too old a POS to run anything worthwhile (XP Home with 1GB RAM), even though the irony was that it was a tech company that sold electronics to the government.

Quote:
graphic designer?

i used to have 2 24" monitors side by side. took a while to get used to but it was easy to drag stuff from program to program on different screens.

I'll look upgrading stuff on the home front once I get my taxes and worker's comp check (which the latter finally settled this morning, and $7,500 [-15% to my lawyer = $6,375] $hall be mine within 30 day$$ )...

So far my only usable computer is my 17" laptop that I specifically got as a middle-of-the-road graphics rig (i5-2450M, 8GB), and while all other work computers are XP/Vista upgrades to Win7 with Sempron or Pentium Dual, mine got boosted to an i7, 8GB rig with 8.1 pre-installed... But the only thing is that my desk is directly in front of the boss so no slacking for me :-\ .

Last edited by NEFARIOUS; 04-01-2015 at 08:37 PM.. Reason: Forgot to mention what the 15% was for
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 07:56 AM   #1560
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
At least you didn't have the blunder of working somewhere far away with different schedules.
We did for many years. Up until 2 years ago I worked 55 miles from home. Long commute every day. Very nice to be working at the same place now.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 08:16 AM   #1561
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

I've been working on some tooling solutions and machining operation solutions on a new valve lifter line for GM here at the plant. We were going to generate about 3.5m parts a year, so the work/coding/tooling I organized was already going to generate a large sum of savings over the year.

I learned yesterday that GM has cut off all orders past July, at least until January and even then it will be very very limited production. The problem is that we've only been running these parts for about 2 years now, and we JUST started normal production last month on the second valve lifter line.

FWP: Dealing with the unknowns from day to day and month to month now, and trying to buy my first house is a little overwhelming because I don't want to go back to having nothing again.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 08:28 AM   #1562
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
graphic designer?

I could not live without a dual monitor setup. Sometimes when I'm stuck using my laptop on the road I just say fuck it and give up, just way too much work moving shit around. At home I have my 27" with my laptops 15" on a stand on one side and a 23" on the other.

At work I have two 23" side by side and another vertical. You have not lived until you start using at least one vertical display, for coding and reading it's amazing.
Appreciate 0