BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

03-09-2016, 03:46 AM   #23
sunnytailor
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 4.0d MSport

can anyone tell me what attribute allows one press mirror folding?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 04:48 AM   #24
BMWLad
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 F06 640d

Can't remember exactly but it is in the f10 cheat sheet.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2016, 08:09 AM   #25
Royce Martin
Royce Martin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 650i xdrive GC

Did you get this done in US?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 08:11 AM   #26
gtr_skyline
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 640d GC Sport / X3 2.0d Sport

Mine was done in the UK - I could see the work being done remotely but sorry unable to help on specifically which area Adam went into for the door lock - I quite like the acoustic confirmation too - but it is loud and gets annoying when you jet wash the car which has comfort access - just need to switch off on the i-drive.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 08:13 AM   #27
Royce Martin
Royce Martin
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr_skyline View Post
Mine was done in the UK - I could see the work being done remotely but sorry unable to help on specifically which area Adam went into for the door lock - I quite like the acoustic confirmation too - but it is loud and gets annoying when you jet wash the car which has comfort access - just need to switch off on the i-drive.
How can I go about finding a shop that does this in the US, New York to be exact? Is it only done in the UK?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 09:13 AM   #28
NYC650IX_GC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 650IXGC MSportAlpineWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce Martin View Post
How can I go about finding a shop that does this in the US, New York to be exact? Is it only done in the UK?
Royce i had my car done remotely...Rich was in Cali when he did it. Very smooth easy process. you can Email RichCodedmyCar@GMail.com for prices and details.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 09:36 AM   #29
darms
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport Shadow Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce Martin
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr_skyline View Post
Contact adam at DD coding he can do it remotely so doesn't matter where in the world you are
      03-09-2016, 11:30 AM   #30
WWnyc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014. 640 ix Vert

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC650IX_GC View Post
Royce i had my car done remotely...Rich was in Cali when he did it. Very smooth easy process. you can Email RichCodedmyCar@GMail.com for prices and details.
Rich coded my car in NYC
Contact him. He's worth getting to know!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 11:50 AM   #31
Royce Martin
Royce Martin
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have a '13, I spoke to some guy named Steven and he charged me $80 to do "Basic Coding". What's the perks of getting it done Remotely?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 11:51 AM   #32
Royce Martin
Royce Martin
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWnyc View Post
Rich coded my car in NYC
Contact him. He's worth getting to know!
He's in NY or Cali?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 01:28 PM   #33
NYC650IX_GC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 650IXGC MSportAlpineWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce Martin View Post
He's in NY or Cali?
Right now he is in Cali!! What do the basic coding give you?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 09:01 PM   #34
WWnyc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014. 640 ix Vert

Garage List
He came to me in NYC. (not from the left coast) Great guy.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 01:09 AM   #35
Royce Martin
Royce Martin
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Right now he is in Cali!! What do the basic coding give you?
A whole bunch of nothing really.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 10:51 PM   #36
awais_shahid
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 LCI 640d Gran Coupe

sunnytailor the one touch folding mirrors is not a separate option. It's achieved by reducing the time delay you press the lock button to close the windows, etc, from a few seconds to zero. So as long as you hold your lock button for at least half a second the mirrors will fold and windows and Sunroof begin to close.

gtr_skyline I'm glad you posted an update on the M6 sound as I was a little disappointed with the M3/M4 active sound. Definitely gonna get this changed when Adam is up in Manchester. We were supposed to get my wife's X4 and a colleagues 435xD on the 1st March for the new plates but their both still "in transit"! Gonna get DD coding to come down and do them all together.
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2016, 06:45 PM   #37
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 640d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by awais_shahid
sunnytailor the one touch folding mirrors is not a separate option. It's achieved by reducing the time delay you press the lock button to close the windows, etc, from a few seconds to zero. So as long as you hold your lock button for at least half a second the mirrors will fold and windows and Sunroof begin to close.

gtr_skyline I'm glad you posted an update on the M6 sound as I was a little disappointed with the M3/M4 active sound. Definitely gonna get this changed when Adam is up in Manchester. We were supposed to get my wife's X4 and a colleagues 435xD on the 1st March for the new plates but their both still "in transit"! Gonna get DD coding to come down and do them all together.
If you check out DD coding on Instagram there is a quick video of my 640d with the m6 sound.
      03-14-2016, 08:52 AM   #38
gtr_skyline
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by awais_shahid View Post

Awais - glad its not just me - you will notice a considerable change with the M6 sound - I have my own cable now so Adam is pretty good at being flexible if I want things turned on and off. Good luck with the other cars coding.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 08:53 AM   #39
gtr_skyline
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Great video Dan - captures the sound perfectly. Even a chum who had the M6 GC thought it was impressive.
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2016, 09:24 AM   #40
sunnytailor
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 4.0d MSport

Quote:

Thanks Awais_Shahid. that worked a treat. Do you know what was done to set the cluster to white at all times?

thanks
sunny
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 07:36 PM   #41
awais_shahid
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 LCI 640d Gran Coupe

So my wife's X4 will be here after Easter Bank holiday now... So not been in touch with Adam to arrange coding on it.

Being the impatient bugger that I am, I ordered my own Enet cable to play around with some of the coding Adam did on my 6 GC. I changed the active sound to M5/ M6 and what a difference. I'm finding myself planting the throttle any chance I get now! It's amazing how a bit of fake sound can change the experience so dramatically.

I also changed the Digital dash start up as it was showing M550d and changed the gong noise to BMWi although I've not heard it yet.

My colleague got his 435xD and I am incredibly impressed. It drives so different given our cars share the same engine. Damn shame we don't get xDrive 6er in the UK!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 11:14 PM   #42
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 640d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by awais_shahid
So my wife's X4 will be here after Easter Bank holiday now... So not been in touch with Adam to arrange coding on it.

Being the impatient bugger that I am, I ordered my own Enet cable to play around with some of the coding Adam did on my 6 GC. I changed the active sound to M5/ M6 and what a difference. I'm finding myself planting the throttle any chance I get now! It's amazing how a bit of fake sound can change the experience so dramatically.

I also changed the Digital dash start up as it was showing M550d and changed the gong noise to BMWi although I've not heard it yet.

My colleague got his 435xD and I am incredibly impressed. It drives so different given our cars share the same engine. Damn shame we don't get xDrive 6er in the UK!
Haha funny you should say that about the m6 active sound. My mpg has dropped from 31mpg to 23mpg since I had it coded in
I'm impressed with it as you just wouldn't know your in a diesel especially now it's remapped.
      03-24-2016, 09:59 AM   #43
Rufus123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw 640

Quote:

If all I want doing is active sound can I just get a eBay cable and the dvd software that comes with them and do it myself then ??? Or do I need Adam to install some software
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2016, 11:37 AM   #44
gtr_skyline
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus123 View Post
If all I want doing is active sound can I just get a eBay cable and the dvd software that comes with them and do it myself then ??? Or do I need Adam to install some software
Hi - I would be very careful if you haven't done this before - you could easily flash the car and do longer term damage.

I have no affiliation with Adam / DD Coding but trust his work and quality of engagement.

Prashan
Appreciate 0