BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

05-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #23
hyperboost
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 Boxster Corvette M5C

This is like Porsche's platinum edition to the Panamera.
IMO 6 series costs way toooo much money
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #24
M6-4KIX
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 6 M(pkg) Coupe

//M-Freaks will have a Heart Attack!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_fan View Post
I just noticed the addition of the ///M badge to the front wing - WOW SMH
I believe the purists and Gods on the M6 etc side of things will puke at that addition!!!

I think I'll order one in Shakir Orange....... remove the 650i on the trunk and replace it with the letter "M", add the deck spoiler and I'd have in total..... 11 M badges on the car!!!! Now the only thing left is the front grill.... let me see, Black and add another "M".......... OH, HELL Yeah!! Count me in, we ordered all those options anyway, now they'll be included!!! Order the sunroof "delete" option, wrap the roof in Carbon Fiber.... and I'm done!!!

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #25
M6-4KIX
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Just keep reading the "included list" for this option and noticed the ..."SPORT SEATS !!!!

These have been discussed before and are the standard seats in the Z4. Overall opinion is that they are crap and very uncomfortable!! Always pushing your neck forward!! I like the look but don't care for the sore neck inclusion!!!

Better re-think those seats! My thoughts are that BMW has a boatload of these and are just trying to get rid of them??

Any comments out there???
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #26
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-4KIX View Post
Just keep reading the "included list" for this option and noticed the ..."SPORT SEATS !!!!

These have been discussed before and are the standard seats in the Z4. Overall opinion is that they are crap and very uncomfortable!! Always pushing your neck forward!! I like the look but don't care for the sore neck inclusion!!!

Better re-think those seats! My thoughts are that BMW has a boatload of these and are just trying to get rid of them??

Any comments out there???

Interesting point. As I research it, the 640 now comes standard with the sports seats. The 20 way multi-contour seats are optional - but STANDARD on the 650. I doubt they would downgrade the 650 seats with this new package. Will have to see.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 04:38 AM   #27
gokudo_90
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

here are some pics i found in bmw germany site
http://www.bmw.de/de/neufahrzeuge/6e...t-edition.html

so im guessing all july production will get the new M steering wheel
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 07:01 AM   #28
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
If you look carefully at the new steering wheel, it has a few minor differences from the M6's. the most obvious difference is the paddle shifters that look like the ones on my '12 M Sport wheel (as opposed to the skinnier, more crescent-shaped on the M6).
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #29
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

looks like they brought back the white/brown leather combination for the msport model. I haven't seen a full picture yet, but those seats look nice.

Still missing a lot of features the new 5 series is getting, like touch idrive and open and close trunk with your foot. It's also odd that the 6wb is an option and not standard, it somewhat makes them look cheap for doing that.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #30
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
I agree on the 6 series it doesn't seem to add much, but on the rest of their lineup the M sport package makes their cars look a lot sportier, more BMW like and less like a typical luxury car...
I agree entirely - the M Sport package transforms most models, especially the E92 and F10, but I think the 6 series looks better left alone.
I have an F12 640i SE with matt chrome trim and I think BMW got the styling spot-on; it has the look of a classic riviera cruiser. An added bonus for me is the standard steering wheel - I had an F10 M Sport before this car and always found the wheel too fat for comfort.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #31
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
looks like they brought back the white/brown leather combination for the msport model. I haven't seen a full picture yet, but those seats look nice.

Still missing a lot of features the new 5 series is getting, like touch idrive and open and close trunk with your foot. It's also odd that the 6wb is an option and not standard, it somewhat makes them look cheap for doing that.
But keep in mind the new 2014 M sport Edition bundles the new 6wb dash with the full Exec Pkg, LED light Pkg & Driver assist Pkg for less than the the cost
of the current M sport pkg alone. Also we get launch control and enhanced connected drive as well starting in July. The one item I really have a problem with not being available is a power trunk.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #32
M6-4KIX
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Yes.......... we have to have that damn trunk!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #33
Gator_Bimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i M Sport

Am I reading the order/price guides correctly?... I see that with ZMS you still have to pay for NA - Nappa leather ($1800 vs. $3000). But the press release at the top of this thread said "sport seats in nappa leather". It seems that something must come in nappa already with ZMS since the price for NA is reduced. Is it that ZMS gives the two sport seats in nappa and the standalone NA (nappa leather) option gets you nappa throughout the rest of the interior?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #34
VikH
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xDrive M-Sport

Looks like bmwusa.com is updated with the M Sport edition option for a build. Seems like an incredible value for all the included options. Under the list of options included in the M Sport Edition they list: "Active seat ventilation, front". What is this option? Also, does this package come with automatic high beams?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 01:21 AM   #35
Djvolume
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016-X5M 2018-M4 Comp 2024-X5

So what's the difference between this and regular m package???
      06-30-2013, 09:08 PM   #36
Gator_Bimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator_Bimmer View Post
Am I reading the order/price guides correctly?... I see that with ZMS you still have to pay for NA - Nappa leather ($1800 vs. $3000). But the press release at the top of this thread said "sport seats in nappa leather". It seems that something must come in nappa already with ZMS since the price for NA is reduced. Is it that ZMS gives the two sport seats in nappa and the standalone NA (nappa leather) option gets you nappa throughout the rest of the interior?
Just bumping this question up again. Does anyone know definitively whether the 6 series M Sport Edition does give the nappa leather seats (at least the front sport seats) or not? The price guide shows you still have to pay $1800 for Nappa leather (vs. $3k without M Sport Edition). Same with the BMW USA configurator. But even the latest email about the 6'er M Sport Edition says it comes with Nappa Leather sport seats (just like the original press release). Anyone know? thanks.

Meet the 6-Series M Sport Edition. Available in all 6 series models, the M Sport Edition boasts premium features like M Aerodynamics, LED Adaptive Headlights, an M leather steering wheel, and Nappa Leather sport seats for a ride that’s a 6-Series inside and out.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2013, 11:39 PM   #37
Jgc650i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator_Bimmer View Post
Just bumping this question up again. Does anyone know definitively whether the 6 series M Sport Edition does give the nappa leather seats (at least the front sport seats) or not? The price guide shows you still have to pay $1800 for Nappa leather (vs. $3k without M Sport Edition). Same with the BMW USA configurator. But even the latest email about the 6'er M Sport Edition says it comes with Nappa Leather sport seats (just like the original press release). Anyone know? thanks.

Meet the 6-Series M Sport Edition. Available in all 6 series models, the M Sport Edition boasts premium features like M Aerodynamics, LED Adaptive Headlights, an M leather steering wheel, and Nappa Leather sport seats for a ride that’s a 6-Series inside and out.

I believe it requires the $1800 bump on the 640i, but is included on the 650i.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #38
Gator_Bimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgc650i View Post
I believe it requires the $1800 bump on the 640i, but is included on the 650i.
Thanks, yes, that is true. I should have specified I am looking at the 640i GC. What is not clear to me is whether the fact that the 640i/ZMS only requires an $1800 bump to get nappa (for a 640i with ZMS) vs. $3000 to get nappa (for a 640i without ZMS) means that a 640i with ZMS already gets some portion of the interior in nappa (maybe the front seats?) OR if they are just discounting the nappa option price on the 640i with ZMS?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 05:22 AM   #39
timmyjd
Arctic Monkey
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90(retired), '14 F06, '23 G05

On 640i, ZMS includes instrument panel with leather finish (4ND). That's why NA (Nappa) only costs 1800 with ZMS. If no ZMS, NA/4ND cost 3000. Hope this answers your question.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #40
540gone
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 X3 3.5, '14 640 GC

Another important thing to consider is that included with ZMS (in addition to lots of other stuff that was formerly optional) are the 20 way adjustable seats that are variously called "multi contour" or "comfort" seats. They are option code 456 and are much more comfortable than the standard "sport" seats that were pictured and being maligned earlier in this thread. They also come ventilated (option code 453) standard with ZMS.

This I know because I have one on order, scheduled for August production, and as I type, I am looking at my VIR out of the BMW order system

BTW, the ordering guide (effective w/ July production) for these cars contains ALL this information, but it is a bit of a slog to get through all the detail. It is posted elsewhere in this forum.

Great car - you will enjoy and the ZMS w/ NA is really a no brainer.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #41
timmyjd
Arctic Monkey
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90(retired), '14 F06, '23 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540gone
Another important thing to consider is that included with ZMS (in addition to lots of other stuff that was formerly optional) are the 20 way adjustable seats that are variously called "multi contour" or "comfort" seats. They are option code 456 and are much more comfortable than the standard "sport" seats that were pictured and being maligned earlier in this thread. They also come ventilated (option code 453) standard with ZMS.

This I know because I have one on order, scheduled for August production, and as I type, I am looking at my VIR out of the BMW order system

BTW, the ordering guide (effective w/ July production) for these cars contains ALL this information, but it is a bit of a slog to get through all the detail. It is posted elsewhere in this forum.

Great car - you will enjoy and the ZMS w/ NA is really a no brainer.
Agree completely. No brainier for me also.
540gone, congrats on your order, could you share your order specs: any other options other than ZMS+NA? X-Drive? Also, if you don't mind sharing what kind of deal? (PM me if your prefer). Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #42
Jgc650i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyjd View Post
Agree completely. No brainier for me also.
540gone, congrats on your order, could you share your order specs: any other options other than ZMS+NA? X-Drive? Also, if you don't mind sharing what kind of deal? (PM me if your prefer). Thanks.

I originally had a 06/13 build allocation for a 650ix GC M Sport Ed, but gave it up and held off for a 07/13 allocation when the updated pricing guide came out to take advantage of the updated 07/13 tech including driver assistance plus and ACC. Was originally scheduled to complete production on 7/1, but ended up being complete on 6/28. Car is currently sitting in Bremerhaven waiting to be put on a ship. My CA says to expect delivery in last week of the month. Was able to get them to take 6% off the MSRP, but they wouldn't budge any further on a 2014 model with an already heavily bundled package pricing. My CA is also trying to convince BMWFS to give me the $1500 loyalty credit even though it's been more than 12 mos since I owned my last BMW. I basically got a fully loaded 650ix GC M Sport Ed in Carbon Black and 20" Wheels. Here's my full spec:

146I 2014 650ix GC
416 Carbon Black Metallic
NASW Black Nappa Leather
4AS Gray Poplar Wood Trim
2NM 20" 373M Wheels w/Performance Tires
ZMS M Sport Edition
ZDB Driver Asst Plus
5AT ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant
ZCW Cold Weather Pkg
2VA Adaptive Drive w/ARS
455 Active Front Seats
6F2 Bang & Olufsen Sound System
6UK Night Vision w/Pedestrian Detection
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 07:44 AM   #43
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgc650i View Post
I originally had a 06/13 build allocation for a 650ix GC M Sport Ed, but gave it up and held off for a 07/13 allocation when the updated pricing guide came out to take advantage of the updated 07/13 tech including driver assistance plus and ACC. Was originally scheduled to complete production on 7/1, but ended up being complete on 6/28. Car is currently sitting in Bremerhaven waiting to be put on a ship. My CA says to expect delivery in last week of the month. Was able to get them to take 6% off the MSRP, but they wouldn't budge any further on a 2014 model with an already heavily bundled package pricing. My CA is also trying to convince BMWFS to give me the $1500 loyalty credit even though it's been more than 12 mos since I owned my last BMW. I basically got a fully loaded 650ix GC M Sport Ed in Carbon Black and 20" Wheels. Here's my full spec:

146I 2014 650ix GC
416 Carbon Black Metallic
NASW Black Nappa Leather
4AS Gray Poplar Wood Trim
2NM 20" 373M Wheels w/Performance Tires
ZMS M Sport Edition
ZDB Driver Asst Plus
5AT ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant
ZCW Cold Weather Pkg
2VA Adaptive Drive w/ARS
455 Active Front Seats
6F2 Bang & Olufsen Sound System
6UK Night Vision w/Pedestrian Detection
That's interesting, I understood the M sport Edition did not begin production until 7/13. So not sure how you had one completed on 6/28. Did they actually start early?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #44
Jgc650i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
That's interesting, I understood the M sport Edition did not begin production until 7/13. So not sure how you had one completed on 6/28. Did they actually start early?
Agreed, I had same concern when I saw it start production late in June. CA says it's not unusual. I ran the VIN report as soon as it completed production and it came back with all the correct build codes, including the updated ACC (5AT) that was set for a 07/13 SOP. Two questions for me not yet answered are which version of the M Steering Wheel it got, and whether or not it's getting the touch iDrive controller. Both of those also were a 07/13 SOP, but they don't have separate codes so cant tell from VIN report.
Appreciate 0