12-07-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
M6-4KIX
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 6 M(pkg) Coupe

Ordering a 6 & Option Confusion

Just thought I'd add a bit to what Hinckley said in an earlier post:

One last thing, if you're only looking at the BMW configurator for compatible options, you'll find some inaccuracies. For example, the LED light package and the M-Sport package are compatible (although the Individual Composition and the M-Sport are not). Check with your dealer for what you can really mix 'n match

I ordered our car in Vancouver BC and after fine tuning the options, we agreed to a quote from Brian Jessell BMW and I signed it.....a couple of weeks go by and I get an email from my salesman..."LED light pkg must order the Tech Pkg as well (for another 3000 bucks) we agreed and signed yet another quote. A couple of weeks passed and another email..."you cannot have the Napa Leather unless you order the Premium Seating pkg for another 3000 bucks" !! I drew the line and asked "how long does this process go on 'cause we're done!!"

BMW Canada's reply was... the price stands! These things happen when we introduce a new model! It just goes with the launch!!

My dealer sucked up the charge and we'll get the Napa Leather and Premium Seats!

Just beware and ask all questions when actually placing your order!!

L8TR Ric

Last edited by M6-4KIX; 12-07-2011 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: more info
Appreciate 0