06-27-2016, 01:59 PM   #23
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandanbmw View Post
Which box did you go for? Have you had any coding done yet?
Hi Dan,

It's a RaceChip tuning box which I bought from Germany.

Not had any coding done, I plan to px my car for an M3 CP at the end of the year so not really worth doing.

I didn't really see too many interesting things to code on a 2014/2015 car??

I do love the torque and traction of this thing, laugh out loud when it all hooks up from the lights.

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 02:04 PM   #24
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 640d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff
Quote:
Which box did you go for? Have you had any coding done yet?
Hi Dan,

It's a RaceChip tuning box which I bought from Germany.

Not had any coding done, I plan to px my car for an M3 CP at the end of the year so not really worth doing.

I didn't really see too many interesting things to code on a 2014/2015 car??

I do love the torque and traction of this thing, laugh out loud when it all hooks up from the lights.
I really like the m6 active sound and the mirrors to close when unlocking with one quick press rather than holding the key fob down for a few secs etc.
The coding guy can also code a new update that Bmw when I asked them didn't even know existed which is better traction and smoother gear changes and slightly quicker which will be impressive as I think the gearbox is great as it is.
      06-29-2016, 07:52 AM   #25
6coupe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

I had the JFA map put on the car on Monday morning. (Not by John at JFA, but by one of their national dealers).

It had a few hiccups at first, and went into limp mode on the motorway, but after cycling the ignition it ran fine for the remaining 4hrs of spirited drive home. After talking to the guys at JFA they've said the F series can react differently to the map being put on but as it seems to have settled all seems fine.

It hasn't stopped raining for a couple days, and I've got brand new brake pads to bed in, so haven't been able to get a full estimation of the cars performance now, but it feels very strong in the mid range with endless torque.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 07:54 AM   #26
6coupe
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I really like the m6 active sound and the mirrors to close when unlocking with one quick press rather than holding the key fob down for a few secs etc.
The coding guy can also code a new update that Bmw when I asked them didn't even know existed which is better traction and smoother gear changes and slightly quicker which will be impressive as I think the gearbox is great as it is.
I have the cable and software, but haven't been able to find the code changes for active sound. Do you know where these changes were made, and what the settings are?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2016, 08:01 AM   #27
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6coupe
I had the JFA map put on the car on Monday morning. (Not by John at JFA, but by one of their national dealers).

It had a few hiccups at first, and went into limp mode on the motorway, but after cycling the ignition it ran fine for the remaining 4hrs of spirited drive home. After talking to the guys at JFA they've said the F series can react differently to the map being put on but as it seems to have settled all seems fine.

It hasn't stopped raining for a couple days, and I've got brand new brake pads to bed in, so haven't been able to get a full estimation of the cars performance now, but it feels very strong in the mid range with endless torque.
Be good to hear what you think of it after a few weeks etc. I'm happy with how mine puts its power down etc
      06-30-2016, 06:44 AM   #28
BDO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 40d M-sport

I think this is the first documented example of a race chip actually working!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 03:38 AM   #29
Kopex47
England
Rep
Drives: 640d Msport Alpine White 2012

Which jfa garage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6coupe View Post

Hi, Which garage did the remap was it in the Northwest or did you have to go down to kent, has everything been fine since?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 12:01 PM   #30
6coupe
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopex47 View Post
Hi, Which garage did the remap was it in the Northwest or did you have to go down to kent, has everything been fine since?
PM'd.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2016, 07:42 AM   #31
Jav_NCL
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: F13 Coupe, Imola Red 🚘

Quote:
Whicheck coding guy did you use, if you don't mind me asking mate?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2016, 08:22 PM   #32
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jav_NCL
Quote:
Whicheck coding guy did you use, if you don't mind me asking mate?

Cheers
Hey mate I use DD Coding. Adam is really good and can do it remotely if required too.