BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

06-16-2023, 12:33 AM   #1
2tangz
Rep
Drives: 08 x5

Unhappy Help with DME codes

2014 640i

Was driving home when all of a sudden my car went into limp mode and started sounding like a Subaru.

I pulled the codes on MHD and saw:
110101 - injector cylinder 1, activation: high-voltage side, short circuit to ground
110601 - injector cylinder 6, activation: high-voltage side, short circuit to ground

I flashed the car back to map 0, reset codes and limped the car home. Also noticed the check engine light is not on but the service light is. I can turn a wrench but don't know how to troubleshoot these cars. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I'm a full-time nursing student and father of two young ones, and this is my only car. Thank you.

60k miles
FBO
Turbo smart bov
Nexsys B58 coils
Mhd tune
XHP tune
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2023, 07:00 PM   #2
2tangz
Rep
Drives: 08 x5

Fixed! When I installed the nexsys b58 coil kit, cylinder ones injector wires were tucked between the bracket and valve cover. I thought it was fine and kept the wires tucked away. Apparently it was too much pressure and with the heat it sort of melted through. I used some electrical tape to fix it and rerouted the wires and everything is good now.
Appreciate 0