BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

11-12-2016, 03:54 PM   #1
yru12bnvs
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06

Finally did some mild mods

I kept myself pretty occupied this weekend bonding with my chariot. Picked up a JB+ from Ghost550 (awesome seller BTW) and did a carbon filter delete. Already had a poor mans exhaust butterfly mod with wire ties to try out the sound. Overall very pleased with the results. Definitely woke the car up.

The JB+ for the n63tu is seriously impressive and obviously the most noticeable. Installed in minutes and the performance is pretty profound. I had it set on 3 to try it out and the power was phenomenal! This is my daily driver and I quickly realized I'm not mature enough to keep it this high and would like some longevity so I turned it down. Burger Tuning's recommended position for 93 octane is 12, which we're fortunate enough to have in NJ.

Would love a performance air filter (if someone ever makes one).

Close to 3 years of ownership and I still love this thing. 40k miles and counting...

Last edited by yru12bnvs; 11-14-2016 at 03:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 07:37 AM   #2
7isPerfect
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: F06 650I

wow,how much more hp is jb+ on 650?
can you feel the difference when its at 12 too?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 01:22 PM   #3
yru12bnvs
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7isPerfect View Post
wow,how much more hp is jb+ on 650?
can you feel the difference when its at 12 too?
Did a lot of scouring on the forums. Saw some dyno results of a 14' 550 N63tu from BMS at the 2 setting. Power went from 385 to something like 455 at the wheels. I'm on 93 octane as well so I suspect my gains are similar. Definitely feel it on the butt dyno.

The intensity is pretty incremental from noon to 3 with noon being pretty mild. I'm still playing around with it between the 1-3 settings as those felt the most noticeable. I don't plan on ever going higher without further upgrades. The surge of power comes in around 2500-3000 RPM. It pins you to the seat. Will probably try some 100 octane if I can get my hands on some.