BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-05-2017, 02:32 PM   #1
Dazza993
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0d M-Sport - Phytonic

Question First time buyer queries: Ride quality (CP vs. non-CP) and alternate (winter) wheels

I'm getting closer to purchasing a M6 GC and I have spotted a couple of potential cars at main dealers here in the UK.

A couple of the cars have the Competition Pack which I'd wasn't initially interested in because of the stiffer suspension setup.

I've tried a non-CP M6 GC and with the VDC set to comfort the ride was fine here on the lousy UK roads.

However the CP cars I've spotted seem to offer better value for money than the non-CP car I'm eyeing up.
So the key question is - does any know if there's a discernible difference in ride quality between the 2 versions. From what I've read the CP adds stiffer bushes, springs & roll bars, so in my mind that's going to give quite a firm & unforgiving ride.
In addition I've read that the 601 wheels are cast rather than forged and offer a more brittle ride still.

Secondly, if I do go ahead an purchase a car, I plan on getting a 2nd set of wheels shod with winter tyres to run from November to March.

OEM wheels seems to have quite crazy prices - does anyone here use aftermarket wheels which offer decent quality at sensible prices? If you could point me in the direction of potential brands and UK stockist that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Darren...
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 09:09 PM   #2
GATRD
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 I8 / 2014 M6

I've owned a CP and a non-CP M5. Currently own a CP M6. The CP is a tighter driving car but you do feel more road imperfections. I drive sport plus all the time so for me CP is fine but some people might think it's too high strung. I use my car as a daily driver, no track time. Hope that helps...
Appreciate 0