BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-30-2017, 01:59 PM   #1
Jsd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Evolve Stage 2 (DPs & Remap) Complete

So...after much faffing i decided to go up to Evolve Automotive on Friday to get the stage 2 done.

What an incredible result. Turned up at 9am to drop the car off and it was ready for a final dyno run at 330pm.

The car made 640hp on the first stock run in the morning so i was happy with that considering i run the car on Tesco Premium (doesn't seem that bad after all!)

Final runs the car made 720hp with an additional 150ft/lb - garage was getting pretty hot at this time because the car kept blowing the extractors away! either way i am very happy with the numbers!

The weather has been terrible since i got back so i can't comment much on how the gains feel on the road. i used to drive with traction off most of the time but its been on full time until i get used to the changes- i have noticed it the TC goes spastic all the time now!

The sound is incredible- its worth getting this work done just for the difference in sound alone. Ive got the standard non comp exhaust with exhaustmeister (open and close flaps by remote) and I've never heard anything like this before. With the flaps closed the car sounds sweet, not loud but it has a nice rasp to it but when the flaps open, all hell breaks loose. Cant really explain what it actually sounds like. And if anyone can tell me what is actually happening to make that noise it would be great....its not all backfire I'm sure of that!

Speedracerlo's videos on here will give you an idea. Videos cannot capture the sound properly so don't do it justice but it will give you an idea at least. You can also very clearly hear the turbos spooling up so even when you have the car in tame mode you can hear yourself whooshing about :thump:

If anyone has been considering this mod then just stop thinking about it and get it done. Imran and his team at Evolve do a top job here in the UK.

*Update*

Car is insane. Went for a little hoon earlier and it feels like a missile!

Last edited by Jsd; 05-01-2017 at 02:17 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-01-2017, 02:57 AM   #2
KSA.m6
Private
Rep
Drives: M6 14 GC frozen grey & 21 M2C

Garage List
  [0.00]
can i ask you something,
why did you decide to go with Evolve ? reviews, price or ...
thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 02:13 PM   #3
Jsd
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSA.m6 View Post
can i ask you something,
why did you decide to go with Evolve ? reviews, price or ...
thanks
A number of reasons really, they have been around for a while and have lots of good reviews. Imran also uses his own car as a lab rat and there are lots of videos on youtube with it eating other cars for breakfast. Fastest M5 I've ever seen so it made sense to take mine there.

I am incompetent at dealing with mechanical things myself so although its cheaper to DIY i would almost certainly break something if i tried myself.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 07:01 AM   #4
IM6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13

I 100% second your review as Ive had the same mods done on mine. Coming from the V10 M6 I wasn't really feeling the turbo driven engine response, all that lag and black spots were eliminated with Evolve tuning.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 03:44 PM   #5
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition Coupe

It's a full flash tune correct?

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 05:56 PM   #6
Jsd
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfan9 View Post
It's a full flash tune correct?
Yes i believe so
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2017, 09:07 PM   #7
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

u made 640hp on a stock car?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 03:11 PM   #8
Jsd
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
u made 640hp on a stock car?
At the crank, yes

The previous owner said it was standard and its been into bmw for the odd bit of warranty work so I'm sure they would have made a fuss if they thought anything had been done to it.

Apparently BMW undershoot power figures on all M cars now and I've been told they all make much more than stated. I guess they work on a worst case scenario basis, bad fuel, hot & humid days at higher altitude etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2017, 04:40 PM   #9
Inf4life
Retired
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsd View Post
At the crank, yes

The previous owner said it was standard and its been into bmw for the odd bit of warranty work so I'm sure they would have made a fuss if they thought anything had been done to it.

Apparently BMW undershoot power figures on all M cars now and I've been told they all make much more than stated. I guess they work on a worst case scenario basis, bad fuel, hot & humid days at higher altitude etc.
Undershooting is one thing but not by 80hp. I find this hard to believe.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2017, 04:49 PM   #10
Leec33
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Coupe Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inf4life View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsd View Post
At the crank, yes

Undershooting is one thing but not by 80hp. I find this hard to believe.
All f10 M5 and f12/13 M6 are underrated. All M5/M6's you'll see stock dyno above 520whp. (On a dynojet dyno, since everyone kinda prefers that)

Personally I dyno'd 555whp. My M6 has comp.
People don't get that these are so underrated. So his 640 crank is pretty damn accurate
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2017, 04:58 PM   #11
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

It doesn't matter too much what the number says. The key point is what the power/torque change was and that the owner of the car is happy with how the power is delivered.
Appreciate 1
Leec333.00