BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      02-20-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
Cabbro
Rep
Drives: F12 M6 Cabrio & SL55 AMG

Wobbly seat

I have a bit of play in my seat (F12 M6), not much, but if I am in a corner, etc you will feel it move a little notch. I took it to my dealer and they said this is normal and is due to my seat position (though my seat position seems pretty standard to me).

Has anyone else experienced this? These are the upgraded multi function M6 seats.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 09:40 AM   #2
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbro
I have a bit of play in my seat (F12 M6), not much, but if I am in a corner, etc you will feel it move a little notch. I took it to my dealer and they said this is normal and is due to my seat position (though my seat position seems pretty standard to me).

Has anyone else experienced this? These are the upgraded multi function M6 seats.
No play on my F13. What seating position do you usually use? I sit practically on the floor so perhaps if I sat higher there would be some play, but I haven't noticed any from where I sit.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 04:28 PM   #3
Kradi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06 M6

I had a similar issue in my GC- after a while the seat would be squeaking on every bump or turn... I was sitting very low and pretty far back. I adjusted the position a little higher and forward, and the sound and play has gone away (for now). Hoping it doesn't come back- drove me crazy
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2014, 07:21 PM   #4
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabbro View Post

I have seen this issue in all 6 series I had after a while but not in my M6. I think 6 series seats has problem since if you play with seat to go backward and forward you feel it's not moving smoothly!
Appreciate 0