BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

07-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #45
Mentos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 640d GC Msport

Went through a quick buildon the Uk site and the Msport package doesnt appear to have changed. I wonder if the UK site hasn't been updated yet, or we're being screwed as usual :/
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #46
JasonX4MComp
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgc650i View Post
Agreed, I had same concern when I saw it start production late in June. CA says it's not unusual. I ran the VIN report as soon as it completed production and it came back with all the correct build codes, including the updated ACC (5AT) that was set for a 07/13 SOP. Two questions for me not yet answered are which version of the M Steering Wheel it got, and whether or not it's getting the touch iDrive controller. Both of those also were a 07/13 SOP, but they don't have separate codes so cant tell from VIN report.
All 6 Series(and X3's) will not have the touch idrive controller for MY14. Not sure if that will change later in production
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #47
56bigblue
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i x convertible

Hi,

I recently took delivery of a 2014 650 Xi Convertible with the M Sport Package. I paid up for most options including the Bang & Olifson Package. I love this car but there are a few bugs including the B&O speakers not illuminating as advertised. It took me far too many calls to the dealer and BMW USA to finally learn that wont be able to light up until BMW puts out a software update which is not currently available. Its kind of amazing that they would release the car without everything functional in it. Anyway, does anyone know when this update will be available? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #48
Gator_Bimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyjd View Post
On 640i, ZMS includes instrument panel with leather finish (4ND). That's why NA (Nappa) only costs 1800 with ZMS. If no ZMS, NA/4ND cost 3000. Hope this answers your question.
Thanks timmyjd and 540gone. The leather dash crossed my mind as well as the reason. Makes sense. I still don't like that the press release and the recent ZMS email both say it comes Nappa Leather sport seats.... even if they only meant for the 650i it would not make sense in a ZMS press release since all 650's come with nappa anyway (without ZMS). I have the question into BMW USA from before posting here, and they recently asked for my phone number. So I'll see what they say. Most likely, you guys are correct and the press release and email just have an error. thanks again. It is also a bit puzzling since 2014 LCI F10 535i's now come with Nappa as a no charge option.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #49
Gator_Bimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason335iMsport View Post
All 6 Series(and X3's) will not have the touch idrive controller for MY14. Not sure if that will change later in production
Is this true? I thought I've read that 7/1 builds for 6 series brings the new touch idrive and improved nav.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #50
JasonX4MComp
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator_Bimmer View Post
Is this true? I thought I've read that 7/1 builds for 6 series brings the new touch idrive and improved nav.
It gets the new nav for sure but ill double check about the touch idrive
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #51
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Quote:
Agreed, I had same concern when I saw it start production late in June. CA says it's not unusual. I ran the VIN report as soon as it completed production and it came back with all the correct build codes, including the updated ACC (5AT) that was set for a 07/13 SOP. Two questions for me not yet answered are which version of the M Steering Wheel it got, and whether or not it's getting the touch iDrive controller. Both of those also were a 07/13 SOP, but they don't have separate codes so cant tell from VIN report.
Got ya - please let us know about the touch Idrive controller when you get the car. Seems to be some question as to if the 6er is getting it now.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #52
timmyjd
Arctic Monkey
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90(retired), '14 F06, '23 G05

Will the MY14 6er get iDrive Touch starting 0713 build?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
Got ya - please let us know about the touch Idrive controller when you get the car. Seems to be some question as to if the 6er is getting it now.
I think Jason may be correct, I'm afraid. I had assumed the iDrive Touch would be included in the 0713 build of MY14 6ers because of the press release indicating Touch would start production in 0713 builds in general. But then, when you look closely at model feature write ups on BMWUSA and BMW.com, they are pretty explicit when Touch is included (as in MY14 X5, 4 and 5ers) but no mention on the 6er pages. That's a disappointment... Either way, eager to hear from the first set of deliveries of 0713 builds for confirmation. Hope to be wrong.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #53
Gator_Bimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep

Nappa and ZMS on 640i

Quote:
Thanks timmyjd and 540gone. The leather dash crossed my mind as well as the reason. Makes sense. I still don't like that the press release and the recent ZMS email both say it comes Nappa Leather sport seats.... even if they only meant for the 650i it would not make sense in a ZMS press release since all 650's come with nappa anyway (without ZMS). I have the question into BMW USA from before posting here, and they recently asked for my phone number. So I'll see what they say. Most likely, you guys are correct and the press release and email just have an error. thanks again. It is also a bit puzzling since 2014 LCI F10 535i's now come with Nappa as a no charge option.
So BMW USA customer service got back with me. They confirmed that Nappa does indeed cost $1800 in a 640i when paired with ZMS (M Sport Edition) and that it is not included in ZMS. He agreed that the email that was sent out and the BMW press release was confusing in that they both said it included Nappa. I suggested that they update the press release. Btw the press release here said this yesterday:
"The interior features an M leather steering wheel, M door sill finishers, M driver’s footrest, and sport seats in nappa leather, as all of which enhance the exclusive ambience of the BMW 6 Series."
and now today says this:
"The interior features multi-contour seats (standard in all 650i models), an M leather steering wheel, M door sill finishers and an M driver’s footrest, all of which enhance the exclusive ambience of the BMW 6 Series."
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #54
Gator_Bimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyjd View Post
I think Jason may be correct, I'm afraid. I had assumed the iDrive Touch would be included in the 0713 build of MY14 6ers because of the press release indicating Touch would start production in 0713 builds in general. But then, when you look closely at model feature write ups on BMWUSA and BMW.com, they are pretty explicit when Touch is included (as in MY14 X5, 4 and 5ers) but no mention on the 6er pages. That's a disappointment... Either way, eager to hear from the first set of deliveries of 0713 builds for confirmation. Hope to be wrong.
Agreed, it is going to be a shame if: "The BMW navigation system for most 2014 models will include a new iDrive controller with Touchpad." here, does not include the 6.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #55
Gator_Bimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep

New iDrive controller with Touchpad on post 7/1 build 6 series?

Quote:
Agreed, it is going to be a shame if: "The BMW navigation system for most 2014 models will include a new iDrive controller with Touchpad." here, does not include the 6.
Was at a dealership today and they had a 2014 650i GC M Sport Edition. I did not expect to see an M Sport Edition on the lot already. Anyway, unfortunately the iDrive controller seemed to be the non-Touchpad version. If I recall correctly, the new Touchpad controller has crosshairs on it.

I suppose there is a chance that this M Sport Edition was built prior to 7/1/13 since it seems very soon to be on the lot already... and I believe I read they may have started M Sport Editions a week earlier than planned. If so I guess there is a chance an M Sport Edition could be built before the 7/1 start for the new iDrive with Touchpad... Perhaps someone can tell the build date from the vin on the picture I took of the sticker.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #56
Jgc650i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Quote:
Was at a dealership today and they had a 2014 650i GC M Sport Edition. I did not expect to see an M Sport Edition on the lot already. Anyway, unfortunately the iDrive controller seemed to be the non-Touchpad version. If I recall correctly, the new Touchpad controller has crosshairs on it.

I suppose there is a chance that this M Sport Edition was built prior to 7/1/13 since it seems very soon to be on the lot already... and I believe I read they may have started M Sport Editions a week earlier than planned. If so I guess there is a chance an M Sport Edition could be built before the 7/1 start for the new iDrive with Touchpad... Perhaps someone can tell the build date from the vin on the picture I took of the sticker.

According to BMWVIN this one has a production date of 6/13/13. My CA says the M Sport Edition began production 06/13, but the changes for the new M Steering Wheel and updated Driver Assistance tech didn't start until 07/13. That lines up with what's listed in the final version of the Pricing Guide. Mine was scheduled as 7/1/13 production, but ended up completing a couple days early on 6/28. It's currently on a ship and due to arrive in port on 7/24. Will have to wait and see what it actually has equipped. Did you happen to notice if this one had the powered rear side window sunshades others have posted about?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #57
Gator_Bimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
According to BMWVIN this one has a production date of 6/13/13. My CA says the M Sport Edition began production 06/13, but the changes for the new M Steering Wheel and updated Driver Assistance tech didn't start until 07/13. That lines up with what's listed in the final version of the Pricing Guide. Mine was scheduled as 7/1/13 production, but ended up completing a couple days early on 6/28. It's currently on a ship and due to arrive in port on 7/24. Will have to wait and see what it actually has equipped. Did you happen to notice if this one had the powered rear side window sunshades others have posted about?
Sorry, never got inside this one. But the pic of the sticker was taken from the back side window. I see it had a sunshade up in the pic but not sure if it is powered. Congrats on yours. Other thing I am wondering is if the BMW Apps feature after 7/13 builds will support Android as well (like it is specified in the F10 LCI pricing guide). The 6 series final pricing guide doesn't say Android.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 12:25 AM   #58
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Touch idrive won't be on the 6 series in 2014.

Quote:
MY13 iDrive 4.2 (7/2012)
This new system will be available as option 609 "Navigation Professional" with the Start of Production in July 2012 on the following MY2013 vehicles:

MY2013 (7/12 - 6/13 production):
•ActiveHybrid 3 (F30)
•5 Series Sedan (F10) (incl. M5 and ActiveHybrid 5)
•5 Series Gran Turismo (F07)
•7 Series Sedan (F01/F02) (incl. B7 and ActiveHybrid 7)

It will also be introduced with the Start of Production in March/April 2013 on the following MY2014 vehicles:

MY2014 (3/13 - 6/13 production):
•3 Series Sports Wagon (F31)
•6 Series Convertible (F12) (incl. M6)
•6 Series Coupe (F13) (incl. M6)
•6 Series Gran Coupe (F06) (incl. M6)
•X3 (F25)

General

One of the first things customers will notice is the new graphics concept and an animated start-up.
The new design features a black on black layout for a stylish new look.
It will also include the following feature enhancements.

Media:
•Player screen: Similar menu structure for all media types.
•HD radio substations: Substations are now available directly in the station list.
•HD radio artist experience: Album art or similar images are displayed for HD stations.
•Media storage: Harddrive for storing media increases to 20GB.

Telephone:
•Simple Bluetooth pairing: PIN is automatically generated when pairing a device via Bluetooth.
•Bluetooth pairing while parked: No longer possible to pair a device while driving.

Navigation:
•Menu structure: Menu now includes pop-out submenus for easier use.
•3D city models: Enhancements to 3D depiction of city models.
•High guiding: More detailed overview for easier turn-by-turn guidance.
•Route preferences: Ability to prefer Express roadways and/or HOV roadways, plu ECO PRO enhancements.
•Traffic information: Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information uses IP data for faster updates and more coverage.
•Weather icons: Simple overview of current weather conditions displayed in navigation map.
•GoogleTM Autocomplete: Predictive search results using online search.

Office:
•Calendar: Enhancements to calendar view for a simpler overview of upcoming appointments.
•Voice memeos: Record voice notes and send them to others at a later time.
•Message Dictation: Speech-to-text service to send emails and/or text messages without touching your phone.

Rear Seat Entertainment:
•Destination input: Rear seat passengers can enter a destination and "send" it to the driver as a suggestion.
•USB: Ability to play media via a seperate USB port in the rear.
•BMW Online: Access to BMW Online for both screens, indepenent of each other.

BMW Online:
•3G connection: Faster downloads.
•Pictures at destination: Access to GoogleTM Street View and Panoramio.

The "NEW" 4.2 Being released on 2014's with Siri and Touch is as follows:

Starting with 7/13* production, the new navigation system (iDrive 4.2) will be updated with several feature enhancements.
(* - F25 changes with 8/13 production)
This new system will be available as option 609 "Navigation Professional" with the Start of Production in July 2013 on the following MY2014 vehicles:

MY2014 (7/13 production):
•3 Series Sedan (F30) (incl. ActiveHybrid 3)
•3 Series Gran Turismo (F34)
•6 Series Convertible (F12) (incl. M6)*
•6 Series Coupe (F13) (incl. M6)*
•6 Series Gran Coupe (F06) (incl. M6)*

•7 Series (F01/F02) (incl. B7 and ActiveHybrid 7)

MY2014 (8/13 production):
•X3 (F25)*
•X5 (F15)

* models are NOT equipped with iDrive touchpad controller

Highlights:
•iDrive touchpad controller: New way of inputting addresses, phone numbers, etc.
•BMW Apps: Select Android operating systems will support BMW Apps certified apps from Google Play.
•iSpeech: Prompts for common commands and ability to use Google via iSpeech.
•Siri Eyes-Free: Use steering wheel voice activation button to use Siri (depending on phone)
•Bluetooth audio: iPod control over Bluetooth and switch between Bluetooth and USB without reconfiguring Bluetooth.

Additional updates include:

Navigation:
•Address input format: Customers can now enter an address in the standard US format.
•Avoid areas: Ability to specify areas that the should be avoided due to a wide variety of reasons.
•Traffic icons: Improvements to traffic list icons.

Media:
•SiriusXM: Channel logos are now available
•Volume indicator: Displays volume level when adjusting volumes.

ConnectedDrive:
•BMW Online: Splitscreen availability.
•Automatic time setting: Uses BMW Online to automatically adjust clock settings.

Voice activation:
•iSpeech prompts: Visual prompts after iSpeech activation to provide customers with common commands.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 07:17 AM   #59
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
Touch idrive won't be on the 6 series in 2014.
You know, it's amazing that BMW did it again- introduced a new feature, the touch controller but leaves out the flagship 6 series. Just as they did last year with the Idrive 4.2 It should be one of the first models to get new tech.
Anyway, it does seen they started the Sport Edition production early. Also interesting BMWCONGIG has not updated to include it yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #60
EBMCS03
M5 Extraordinare!
Rep
Drives: GC shopping

Quote:
6 Series Gran Coupe (F06) (incl. M6)*

•X3 (F25)*
•X5 (F15)

Wait!? So the 3,5,7, X5 will all have the iDrive touch controller but all 6 series won't have it? That doesn't make sense...

Any news on when it'll make it to the 6?
2008 ///M5 SMG | Alpine White | Black Full Merino Leather w/Aluminum Trim | Logic 7 | iPod Adapter | HUD | Heated / Ventilated & Adaptive Comfort Seats | Comfort Access | Rear Side Airbags | Rear Side Sunshades | Folding Rear Seats | 35% Sides 15% Rear Windshield Tint

Last edited by EBMCS03; 08-04-2013 at 01:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #61
EBMCS03
M5 Extraordinare!
Rep

Quote:
Perhaps someone can tell the build date from the vin on the picture I took of the sticker.
Chassis number D129029
Vehicle code 6B23
Series F06
Model 650i
Body type GC
Catalog model USA
Production date 2013 / 06
Engine N63N
Transmission Automatic
Steering Left
Catalyzer YES

You're right... it is not a July Production... it is a June! So any hopes July Productions will have the new iDrive Touch Controller?
2008 ///M5 SMG | Alpine White | Black Full Merino Leather w/Aluminum Trim | Logic 7 | iPod Adapter | HUD | Heated / Ventilated & Adaptive Comfort Seats | Comfort Access | Rear Side Airbags | Rear Side Sunshades | Folding Rear Seats | 35% Sides 15% Rear Windshield Tint
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 01:19 AM   #62
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 COMP PKG

Why some 650i with m sport has high gloss black shadow line but some are chrome finish.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #63
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzj519 View Post
Why some 650i with m sport has high gloss black shadow line but some are chrome finish.
There is a difference between msport edition and msport package. All msport editions should have shadowline unless someone specifically requests not to have it, and the typical msport package depends on the market. In some countries it's standard with the package and other countries it's an option.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #64
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toy

Garage List
M-Sport will always make the car look better this goes for the 1, 3, 5, 6, Z, X-lines, and 7ers.

But putting an ///M badge on the fender is just tacky and wrong.
Sold - 2003 E46 M3 LSB SMG
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #65
Decorum
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBMCS03
Quote:
6 Series Gran Coupe (F06) (incl. M6)*

•X3 (F25)*
•X5 (F15)

Wait!? So the 3,5,7, X5 will all have the iDrive touch controller but all 6 series won't have it? That doesn't make sense...

Any news on when it'll make it to the 6?
I was told by a very reliable contact in Munich that this is because they want to save something for an otherwise almost imperceptible LCI for the 6 series in 3/14. Therefore they decided to hold off on iDrive Touch until then. I was also told all the hardware and software is already in every vehicle since 7/13 (except for the actual touch control knob) so it will be a very simple retrofit involving only the knob, for those so inclined.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #66
EBMCS03
M5 Extraordinare!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decorum View Post
I was told by a very reliable contact in Munich that this is because they want to save something for an otherwise almost imperceptible LCI for the 6 series in 3/14. Therefore they decided to hold off on iDrive Touch until then. I was also told all the hardware and software is already in every vehicle since 7/13 (except for the actual touch control knob) so it will be a very simple retrofit involving only the knob, for those so inclined.
Man that's not cool. It's a weak argument BMW!

LCI in 3/14 already? Ok BMW! I'm waiting it out then! ..... maybe LoL
Appreciate 0