BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > Member's Classifieds [6 Series and M6]

12-19-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
SilverM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

****Who's interested in Custom Front bumper LIP for their 6series****

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hey whats going on everyone. I've owned my 6series for about four months to date 12/19/11 and i have slowly been modding ever since but i seem to kind of come to a stand still.

I realize something diffrent with the 6 series than all the other bimmers i've owned and the one i currently track (E46 M3). That difference is that not to many mods are available for this car and one perticular mod that im destinine to find is the perfect front bumper LIP. A front lip on many cars just transform and gives the perfect facelift to any car once done correctly and follows the right curves.

I've started this thread because over the winter months a buddy and I are gonna set out to make a custom front lip that we would like to put into production of only a few hundred pieces. I wanted to actrually see how much interest and desire there is in the 6 series community for a nice, aggressive yet sleek front bumper lip.

I plan to have the bumper produced of carbon fiber so those carbon crazy enthusiest like my self can either leave it raw and aggressive or have it painted if thats the look you prefer. It will be priced between $400 - $600 depending on how much this cost me and i plan the start with the one piece race lip look like the photo below and follow the curves threw.

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

It would be good to see what it looks like on the car; please post pictures when you've fitted it.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #3
SilverM3
Banned
Rep

I've been getting a lot of interest in this so far from another forum but im gonna have to see a lot more before i start this project. I been talking back and forth with my partner and there is also some other things we want to make for the 6 series but the main focus is on this lip right now.

****Please let all your 6 series friends, friends friends, and friends (LOL) know about this because i want to make sure there is a large enough interest before i make this a production item and not just one for my self.****

In the coming weeks i should have some digital photo shop pictures with the lip on the 6 series to give everyone a better idea of what it will look like.

Thanks and please let everyone know because this is going to cost a lot of money if i'm going to produce this.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
d_andrews
Rep
Drives: 07 650i

How much is it and do u have it in non carbon
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #5
SilverM3
Banned
Rep

Ok after having a long sit down with my partner and working out the numbers to make this all possible it seems that i may have under estimated the final cost per lip if i was to reproduce what i hope to be an amazing end result. To reproduce in full carbon is going to be very expensive but i wouldn't want anything besides carbon and perfection. In anything i do i like to leave a smile on the customers face and i always want a buyer to be satisfied with any item i sell so i want to offer only the best. Long story short the sale price for a high end quality lip will be around the $1100- $1300 range.

I know this definitely change the minds of many but i been into modifying cars for years and i have spent way to much to make the most unique and amazing head turning cars, but hay.....i'm just really into tuning cars so it's more of a passion than a million pound weight on my pocket (LOL). Believe me when i say i'm far from wealthy or rich i just love to be unique and different in anything i do so i just go the extra mile. I know the new price that this will be offered in is expensive but it's gonna cost me north of > $3000 just to have this produced to my liking and another high expense just to have a mold created.

As things develop i'll still continue to post pictures and let everyone see the end result which i'm very optimistic about and i guess i'll only make additional lips to order instead of mass producing them, this way i don't dig a deeper financial hole for my self.

If i can sell my mold to one of these larger companies who have the capital to mass produce then they can start production and sell at a cheaper cost to the 6 series community hopefully.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #6
SilverM3
Banned
Rep

I will be taking my bumper off and getting everything ready to be worked on in the next couple weeks. I still hope there is much interest in this and please keep spreading the word guys.

If there is a high demand for something else on the 6 series please bring that to my attention guys because i want to take the 6 series to another level for 2012!!!! My plans are to make couple unique pieces for our cars.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 02:34 AM   #7
SilverM3
Banned
Rep

hey whats up everyone it's been a while since i checked back in with this thread but the project is still a go but i wanted to know where the most interest for a nice custom carbon fiber lip is.

Does the LCI or PRE LCI guys want this more?? because depending on who is the most interested i will get started with that model bumper first.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #8
Scorpio///M340xi
Scorpio///M2
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Bmw 650xi coupe M-Sport

Garage List
2014 335i X-drive  [10.00]
2011 BMW 328xi  [10.00]
I am very interested, I also and frustrated that there is still not much more than carbon fiber caps for the f12 /f13 body. I have a 2012 m-sport body, this will fit that? I'm also interested in rear deck spoiler too.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #9
78mao
Major
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: F10, F13, current->F80, F15 X5

Garage List
2015 M3 BMW M3  [1.00]
Interested!

I have 2012 Msport as well! Would look great to have a lip, diffuser, and spoiler!
      04-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #10
d_andrews
Rep
Drives: 07 650i

Need that lip

I. Have a 2007 650i I will pay up to 400 for a frnt lip would like it in plastic let me wer to send the money 974 818 0739
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #11
JAY55
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///V10 ///F90 ///F10DOGMA

any pics update?
      07-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #12
Greg Lecewicz
Rep
Drives: 2010 650i coupe