BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

12-20-2016, 11:49 PM   #1
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i Coupe - Estoril

Garage List
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
I've now swapped my M6 Gran Coupe for an M240i which I collected last week.

I've had a great 2 years of ownership of what can only be described as the ultimate M car for luxury and performance, it was sad to see it go especially for the price for a 77k car, and will be a total bargain for whoever wants to get it.

I change cars a lot, and have had the pleasure of owning every M model now.

Why did I change?

Change in jobs meant my car wasn't being used as much, and the finance while a good deal, meant a lot going out for something that wasn't be used for a new car.

Its huge! not practical for my short trips, parking was a pain, and people damaging tyres was getting annoying on it.

I wanted a little more 'fun' throwing it around down small lanes where I live without the worrying of it ending up in a ditch or someone hitting me.

What do I miss so far?

The interior luxury.. no other BMW has it in my view, its gorgeous, but I have to say I never got on with the seats compared to the previous M's.

The gadgets, wow loved them, once you've had them, you always want them, and I miss some of them on the 240.

A huge thank you to everyone on here who has given advice, helped me make decisions and basically made my ownership fun... I'm now over on the 2 series forum, which isn't as busy so ill keep checking in to provide my input as much as i can, but wanted to thank you all.. and wish you a great year end.

Cheers
Matt
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2016, 10:56 PM   #2
YungDro
Major
Rep
Drives: -

thread closed....

Last edited by YungDro; 12-10-2019 at 07:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2016, 11:06 PM   #3
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i Coupe - Estoril

Garage List
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YungDro View Post
When you say "people damaging tires" what do you mean? People slash the tires??
Sadly I had 3 occasions where screws were put into the centre of the tyres first one I thought was a simple drive over, but when it happened in places where I had checked and returned a few hours later to the low pressure warning it was clear it was being done.
Appreciate 0