BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-17-2014, 04:31 PM   #1
jnkirk1974
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Garage List
RPI vs. Meisterschaft - Which is louder?

I've owned the Meisterschaft exhaust on my F10 550. I know nothing about the RPI system.

Which exhaust is louder (this is assuming that the Meisterschaft is running valves open)?

Which sounds better? I've viewed many videos, but I doubt the video does any of them justice.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2014, 07:00 PM   #2
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

I've heard the Meisterchaft is the loudest out there (valves open) but this is only what I have "heard" so take it for what it is. Like you said it's hard to tell with just videos because the recording device usually muffles/distorts the sound.

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2014, 10:17 PM   #3
aj1985
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 m6 coupe sapphire black

Slightly different pitches. Its really gonna depend on if you just get the cat back system or a full system with downpipes. If just a cat back you probably can be more selective, but with downpipes than its gonna be extremely loud no matter which exhaust brand you go with.

I have the meisterschaft gt exhaust which has no valve so its always open. Sound is good and probably loud enough for most people, but im getting used to it and might order mid pipes or downpipes to take the sound to another level
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #4
JoeyLeeBMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW ///M6 Alpine White

Garage List
I would say the same IMHO.

Majority of all exhaust systems for our cars sounds the same. (I've heard them all)

I would go with RPI for more power and efficiency.

Contact owner RPI Eloy and he will give you all the specs, details, and a great deal on his products.

2014 BMW ///M6 Coupe "Competition Package" CLICK: Intro Thread Pictures

l Vorsteiner CA Demo Car l Toyo Tires l Trinity Autosport l Targa Trophy l Shift S3ctor
Appreciate 0