BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

07-02-2016, 09:31 PM   #1
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

A few questions

Hello - long time BMW owner (currently in a 14 550xi) considering a new 650xi GC. I have a few questions that I'm hoping owners can help with here.

1. My current M-Sport package has shadow line trim (black around door windows) and looks like the 6 is the same way. However, I've seen countless pics of M-Sport 6's with the standard chrome surrounds - what am I missing? I'm wavering on what I'd like better, but the configuration tool only gives you black by default when selecting M-Sport. Do I just request a "delete" on shadow line if I decide to go chrome?

2. I'm torn on interior color. I've had black leather in my past several BMWs and would like to go with something else in the 6. However, I'm torn on what would look best. I'm thinking black exterior (more on that in a second), so I was considering the tan/black combo. However, I wasn't sure if the dash canopy and upper door trim was leather unless going with Amaro or other individual leather? Looks like the Amaro also changes part of the middle console leather to brown too... not sure I'm keen on that yet. Insight welcome.

Also on leather - some pics show contrast stitching (like white on black or red on black)... individual option or standard with certain colors?

3. Coming from the 5, I'd be losing comfort access trunk and opening sunroof... are any of you regretting or bothered by this? I don't think I'd mind terribly, but sad to give up features when upgrading.

4. Not sure if I'd buy or lease. I'm leaning towards lease as I don't have confidence in the long term reliability of the TTV8. I've only done 16k miles on my 550xi (N63tu) - no problems but have no intention of owning it long term. Same engine here so same concerns. Any feedback? What lease rates have folks gotten on near fully loaded? Looks like MSRP would be near about $108k - $110k the way I've configured it.

5. The RFTs are terrible on the 5 - assuming the same of the 6? I'm thinking of telling the dealer to deliver it with PSS already fitted.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 03:07 AM   #2
ibimmer954
Major
Rep
Drives: '23 i4 M50, '15 M3, '18 911

Garage List
My 2013 650iGC with M-Sport had silver chrome trim.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 05:28 AM   #3
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

1. 2013s had the silver/chrome trim. 2014+ was black with sport package.
2. M sport package has contrast trim on dash, but seats are all black - individual leather will get you the contrast. I agree I'm done with black but if you go with individual and don't lease, you will never get that money back on trade.
3. Trunk much smaller on the 6, when opening with remote, it pops open - you just need to use hands to close. Not too much of a big deal. As for sunroof, I like the light it brings in and have never really missed opening it (but I live in Chicago!)
4. See my other post - find a BMW exec car and lease it. That is your best bet. Or go used with CPO.
5. Don't do that.
a) the ride with the 19s is not bad IMHO
b) the ride with the 20s is crazy bad
c) the car must be turned in from the lease with the RFTs.
So get the car and have your new tires ready at Discount Tire and drive over there and have them swapped out. Then save the RFTs for turn in or trade in. Note those PSS won't work in CT winters - consider the Conti DWS tires. They won't handle nearly as good as the stock 20" or the PSS, but they will ride better than the RFTs and they will work in the winter.

HTH!
Appreciate 0