BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-19-2016, 11:20 PM   #23
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4
If someone hasn't yet figured out the reasons they shouldn't smoke and is ignorant enough to flick a lit cigarette out the window, it is unlikely they would grasp why doing so is a bad idea even if someone told them.
Oh gosh lighten up. Everyone has a choice. The air is free. I can smoke where ever the hell I want. Can't stand it when people act like they coughing their damn lungs out walking by from afar. that's some bullshit. I can respect someone who says something politely but not fucking idiots who act like they haven't seen someone who hasn't smoked before. That same person is probably at the club or in Vegas in smoked filled rooms not giving a shit. Isn't that funny?

My dad is a doctor, smokes, is healthy, 65 years old, active, looks young, and doing big things still. Maybe we have some strong genes.

Although I've promised my wife I will quit before first born. Gives me a few more months.
      06-20-2016, 12:32 PM   #24
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
Er what? Cigarette butts are litter that happen to also have a possibility of catching stuff on fire - ugly, bad for the environment, and flammable.

Vaping is literally water vapour - you can't smell it and it evaporates into thin air virtually immediately.

I'm not a smoker and don't use/have either, but I can't see on what planet vaping is WORSE than flicking your cigarette butts onto the ground...

Mark
It's not worse, but you definitely can smell it and in an enclosed place (like a car) it leaves a greasy residue. I've got a buddy who is all about that #vapenation life.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 12:11 AM   #25
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

So I was on my way home today. The Nissan SUV in front threw a cigarette butt right outside in the middle of traffic. I honked and flash my lights at them. After a while we pulled up next to each other and the driver had her windows rolled down and was saying something. So I told her to not throw her shit out on the streets. She responded with "it's a free country!" Probably shouldn't have confronted them but wtf? I seriously don't get the mentality of people these days.
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2017, 09:18 AM   #26
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22
So I was on my way home today. The Nissan SUV in front threw a cigarette butt right outside in the middle of traffic. I honked and flash my lights at them. After a while we pulled up next to each other and the driver had her windows rolled down and was saying something. So I told her to not throw her shit out on the streets. She responded with "it's a free country!" Probably shouldn't have confronted them but wtf? I seriously don't get the mentality of people these days.
That's a shame, but that's just the way it is.

When you try to point out someone's mistake or poor decisions (We all make them occasionally) instead of acknowledging, then learning from the poor choice, they get offended or deny all accountability.

To use the term "it's a free country" as a scape goat to cause trouble or inconvenience others is just wrong.

I get annoyed at the cigarette butts being flicked out the window on the streets as well, but because of the traffic conditions during my normal commute, it just doesn't pose any threat of damage to my car or bike. It only damages the environment, so the same people can complain about it, without doing anything to change it.
      04-10-2017, 09:50 AM   #27
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
...Can't stand it when people act like they coughing their damn lungs out walking by from afar. ....My dad is a doctor....promised my wife I will quit before first born. Gives me a few more months.
Ask your dad about something called asthma, or copd. THOSE people really are coughing their damned lungs out over your 'free' air pollution, not just trying to make a lefty statement. And you know it isn't so benign, else why isn't it good enough for little junior? Quitting is hard, but very worthwhile, best of luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 10:09 AM   #28
Spinnetti
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Various

I don't hate smoking, I hate smokers becasue they are so damn rude. You've got the right to smoke, I've got the right to not smoke. Since we share the air around us, smoke in your own space not in mine. I don't see smokers throwing their trash on their own lawn, what gives them the right to throw their trash in public spaces? In my old car, people flicking their lit cigs out the window would get sucked straight into my intake - was like an ash tray in there after a few months; Definately makes me road rage when I see people do that.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 10:22 AM   #29
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

When you drive a convertible (I drive a z4) you also risk having those cigarette buds or burning ashes flung in the interor.

Why dont people use the ashtray? And when its full empty it in a trash bin.
Its not that much of a hassle..
I dont hate smokers per se, but I do hate littering.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 10:47 AM   #30
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
When you drive a convertible (I drive a z4) you also risk having those cigarette buds or burning ashes flung in the interor.

Exactly. Just don't get it.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 11:40 AM   #31
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:

Why use an ashtray when you can ash out the window.

Plus, why would a smoker want smoked cigs in their car, it'd make the car smell like a cigarette.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 11:52 AM   #32
mbanks21
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i MSport

EPA.com

I just send them my dashcam video with the license plates and let them worry about it

Last edited by mbanks21; 04-10-2017 at 11:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 12:07 PM   #33
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

^what's epa.com?

(I get an 403 error on www.epa.com did the smokers community hack them? )

I cant imagine here in europe that the police or whatever agency is authorized to do anything about it would do something if I sent a dashcam vid with a driver littering.
They'd be like meh and continue doing being busy with nothing.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 04-10-2017 at 12:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 12:13 PM   #34
mbanks21
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
^what's epa.com?

(I get an 403 error on www.epa.com; did the smokers community hack them? )

I cant imagine here in europe that the police or whatever agency is authorized to do anything about it would do something if I sent a dashcam vid with a driver littering.
They'd be like meh and continue doing being busy with nothing.
Sorry that's the US Environmental Protection Agency, not sure what your office would be called
      04-10-2017, 12:19 PM   #35
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

My friend lives out near a Kia manufacturing plant in the middle of nowhere and since Kia does not allow smoking on site, they all walk out to the road and smoke. The road right by his house is covered in cig butts and it's now referred to as 'ash tray alley'

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 12:45 PM   #36
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
My friend lives out near a Kia manufacturing plant in the middle of nowhere and since Kia does not allow smoking on site, they all walk out to the road and smoke. The road right by his house is covered in cig butts and it's now referred to as 'ash tray alley'
Same thing at the Eaton plant I worked at. No smoking on site, so you'd have to walk through the whole parking lot, then down the driveway, then across the street. My buddy and I would clean up and bring a large garbage bag out there, but people would constantly just throw all their shit in the trees and shrubs, then someone finally complained.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 12:48 PM   #37
2msport
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 228 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
Er what? Cigarette butts are litter that happen to also have a possibility of catching stuff on fire - ugly, bad for the environment, and flammable.

Vaping is literally water vapour - you can't smell it and it evaporates into thin air virtually immediately.

I'm not a smoker and don't use/have either, but I can't see on what planet vaping is WORSE than flicking your cigarette butts onto the ground...

Mark
Vapor from a Vape is actually not just water vapor. Scientists are still trying to figure out what exactly is in the vapor. Preliminary studies are finding it's quite harmful. Like, cigarette harmful minus the tar.
Appreciate 1
Maynard3848.00
      04-10-2017, 12:59 PM   #38
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
Horrible if you're a home owner and something like this happens. It cant be good for the value of the house.
He should complain (with all the other homeonwers) that the factory should provide some kind of confined space where people can smoke during their break or so. That way you can at least limit the littering.

Usually urban planners consider a lot of aspects before assigning a industrial destination or permit (extra traffic, noise/air pollution etc) but I bet they dont consider stuff like this even though it can have a large impact on the living conditions of people in the vicinity.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 12:59 PM   #39
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanks21 View Post
Sorry that's the US Environmental Protection Agency, not sure what your office would be called
It's actually www.epa.gov not epa.com.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 01:04 PM   #40
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
I don't want my car to reak like butts so I throw them out the window.

I help people by giving them jobs. Someone has to clean up the roads and sidewalks. What is wrong with you people trying to take jobs away from the AMERICAN people? Fucking so selfish.
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2017, 01:08 PM   #41
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

Quote:
Horrible if you're a home owner and something like this happens. It cant be good for the value of the house.
He should complain (with all the other homeonwers) that the factory should provide some kind of confined space where people can smoke during their break or so. That way you can at least limit the littering.

Usually urban planners consider a lot of aspects before assigning a industrial destination or permit (extra traffic, noise/air pollution etc) but I bet they dont consider stuff like this even though it can have a large impact on the living conditions of people in the vicinity.
Their whole community/town complained and brought it up to the city council. They voted against any sort of resolution (no idea why) or compromise and this shit still continues today.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 01:30 PM   #42
mbanks21
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy
Quote:
It's actually www.epa.gov not epa.com.
Yeeeeeah I was trying to multitask. I failed
      04-10-2017, 01:40 PM   #43
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Yeeeeeah I was trying to multitask. I failed
At least we were not talking about the White House's webpage. There's a big difference between going to www.whitehouse.gov and whitehouse.com. Although I think the Feds may have intervened in the registration of the .com domain as many people were caught up in this nuance and shocked on what they got when they hit .com.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 02:56 PM   #44
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Smoking is totally disgusting, and a detriment to your and others around you health. Shit should be banned from society for all I care
Appreciate 0