BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

07-17-2016, 11:39 AM   #1
socialpro
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i Sparkling Gr / Coral

Likes / Dislikes of M6 Gran Coupe !!??

Considering an m6 gran coupe and would love to hear likes and dislikes from current owners. Was set on picking up a panamera turbo but decided to look around at competition as well as certain things do bother me about the panamera.

Also - is the m6 a smooth / quiet ride when set to everything comfort (on freeway)? I have test driven an f10 m5 a year back and did enjoy that - but like the exclusivity and looks of the gran coupe better.

Does the M6 drive 'big'? The no moonroof bothers me - but I might be able to get over that. I also do enjoy the 'snug' cabin feel of the gran coupe (sat in a 650 yesterday).

Anything else that I must consider looking around for one? Any must-have packages?

Would love to hear any and all opinions!

Last edited by socialpro; 07-17-2016 at 01:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2016, 06:53 PM   #2
MP
Private
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Cons (perspective of a M6GC CP user)

1. Hood is long....
2. Traction can be an issue
3. CCB's squeak
4. it is a bit of a cavemen (fairly narrow widows)

Yes. If you set everything to "woolly" it drives smooth. But there is a big difference in suspension between CP and non CP cars. CP is definitely stiffer.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2016, 11:54 PM   #3
sactown75
Rep
Drives: BMW M GC anc63 coupe edition 1

My only con to date is the Stock exhaust note...for a 130k car, hard to believe you need to pay another 6k+ for a real exhaust mod. Other then that, the car is a pure joy to drive and looks amazing. To me, it drives much smaller then it looks, I think mainly due to the narrow Windows and lack of sunroof(for which I thought I would not like, but do not miss a bit) and the driver centric "cockpit".
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 03:32 PM   #4
M5 London
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 LCI - Aventurine Red

I have put 12,500 miles on my one now, in 7 months or so.

Absolutely love it !

Was going to get an F10 M5, but decided hey, let's go for something a bit different and glad I did.

It's so exclusive on the roads, and I live in central London where you see hyper cars all over the place.

It's a very large car but I can manage it in central London so it sort of works just about. It does shrink around you when you get moving though. You are pretty cocooned in the cabin and a few blind spots due to the A pillars.

Cruising across country is a joy! Almost unlimited reserves of power and cruises at 40 mph per 1000 rpm in top gear. 2,500 rpm at 100 mph is nice for long haul drives. Just got back from 2,500 miles across Europe including a few 500 miles in a day hops. Effortless and felt like I could do a return 500 mile trip, no problems.

The interior design, fit and finish is truly amazing. It's a very special place to be. Leather and Alacantara everywhere.

Forget the moon roof....you'll be too busy looking a mile ahead of you as yo'll be there in 30 seconds or so

Make sure you get the surround view option. Soft close doors and comfort access is nice. I got night vision with pedestrian recognition, skip that, pretty pointless as far I could see... forgive the pun.

Last edited by M5 London; 07-22-2016 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 12:00 PM   #5
LI M6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown75 View Post
My only con to date is the Stock exhaust note...for a 130k car, hard to believe you need to pay another 6k+ for a real exhaust mod. Other then that, the car is a pure joy to drive and looks amazing. To me, it drives much smaller then it looks, I think mainly due to the narrow Windows and lack of sunroof(for which I thought I would not like, but do not miss a bit) and the driver centric "cockpit".
+1
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 06:42 AM   #6
IM6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13

a nice feedback
Appreciate 0