BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      02-07-2014, 10:58 AM   #1
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

New Owner: 650i xdrive GC Sakhir Orange!

Took me a while to post these, as I've had the car for almost 2 months already. . . Came out of a 2011 335 i xdrive coupe.

I fell in love at the dealership when I was there for a service, and decided to splurge a bit. . . It was sitting in the show room, and I LOVE Sakhir Orange. . . They actually brought it way down and let me lease it as it was the end of the year. . .

I'll take better properly cleaned pics when I get around to it and have some free time, but those should do in the mean time!

On a side note, I'm probably only gonna have her until June or so for a few reasons. . .

1) Just got a puppy and the "Cocaine White" interior is really going to be a hassle with him. . .

2) Its a great car, but I think it makes me feel a bit older then I am. . . I'm 27. . . I think I just need something a bit smaller, lighter, and with more driving feel (new manual m3 rings a bell). Accordingly I think this baby has SwapaLease in her future in a few months. . .

I have 18 inch black Enki Wheels on there right now because tirerack had a good deal on em. . . Not usually a black wheel guy, but I think it works. There is a lot of rubber since they are normally 20s but the stock m sport 20s are way too big for snow tires and we've been getting buried. I'll post other pics when they are back on.

The only mods I would do would be 20% tint and black kidney grills, but seeing as this is looking like a transitional car I don't know if I'm even going to really bother.

Enjoy! Thats my puppy in the last shot btw. Wilbur. 8 week pitbully/staffy
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 01:30 PM   #2
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 COMP PKG

Nice puppy. Love it.
and nice car Bro. Your car is flashy. Beautiful. Maybe this's my first time see a 650GC in SO color, but it looks good on 650GC. Just like I said whatever color would look good on 6 series,because the car's body line is near perfection.
BTW. I am also 27, sometimes I do feel the car make me look like little bit old, maybe M5 or M3 would be better option for our age?
2017 M3 Comp PKG 2017 MINI JCW
991.2 GT3 (coming)
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 02:02 PM   #3
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Hey... how does does "swap a lease work", exactly...?

I ask because my 650 is my first lease. I am happy with the car so far, but I was already planning on getting a CPO 2-3 year old X6M once the lease is up on my GC.

Looking at your car has me SERIOUSLY reconsidering my future car plans, lol. Your car is stunning, inside and out. I could definitely keep that as a weekend car!

I'm in Queens, so Rockland COunty is not that far if and when the time comes where you wanna d oa swap for the weekend.., lol.

On a serious note, I am asking how the lease swap works because I wouldn't mind getting out of my Alpine White GC, if I can have the Sakir Orange with white interior for the same lease payment...

By the Way, don't feel bad about your age matching the car you drive. I am sure there are HUNDREDS of 20 something year olds that will love to take the car off your hands. Drive that amazing machine in good health and stay safe on the Palisades, where I'm sure you will want to floor it... if you haven't done so already!
      02-07-2014, 02:20 PM   #4
brianeck
Rep

Haha thanks for the kind words!

Swap a lease. . .

Go to www.swapalease.com for more info. There are a couple of other posts on these boards from members who have done it before if you search around a bit (this will be my first attempt), but long story short you pay them a fee (roughly $400-500) to put your car up, list your car at your going lease rate OR list it at a slightly lower rate (you can pay potential buyers an "incentive" to lower the payments if nobody is picking up the swap), they credit check potential buyers and streamline the swap, and then you owe BMW *I believe $650 for a change of contract. That's pretty much all there is to it. It's a great service because it effectively eliminates one of the biggest downsides to leasing cars, as you're no longer stuck in one if things change financially (or if you get a dirty pawed little friend).

In essence its almost like sub-letting an apartment, but for all intensive purposes the new lessee is responsible for the car. If you have a decent lease rate it is generally attractive for potential swappers because they don't have to put a down payment up, and some people don't necessarily want a cookie cutter 3 year 1200 mile lease etc. I'll keep your info Samurai, very likely I'll be jumping ship for an M3 towards June/July. . . I'm too busy with work to bother any sooner then that, and I'm not really going to be in a massive rush since I have a great car in the mean time.

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 02:58 PM   #5
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianeck View Post

Swap a lease. . .

Go to www.swapalease.com for more info. There are a couple of other posts on these boards from members who have done it before if you search around a bit (this will be my first attempt), but long story short you pay them a fee (roughly $400-500) to put your car up, list your car at your going lease rate OR list it at a slightly lower rate (you can pay potential buyers an "incentive" to lower the payments if nobody is picking up the swap), they credit check potential buyers and streamline the swap, and then you owe BMW *I believe $650 for a change of contract. That's pretty much all there is to it. It's a great service because it effectively eliminates one of the biggest downsides to leasing cars, as you're no longer stuck in one if things change financially (or if you get a dirty pawed little friend).

In essence its almost like sub-letting an apartment, but for all intensive purposes the new lessee is responsible for the car. If you have a decent lease rate it is generally attractive for potential swappers because they don't have to put a down payment up, and some people don't necessarily want a cookie cutter 3 year 1200 mile lease etc. I'll keep your info Samurai, very likely I'll be jumping ship for an M3 towards June/July. . . I'm too busy with work to bother any sooner then that, and I'm not really going to be in a comassive rush since I have a great car in the mean time.
Its no where near 400-500...I have transferred two leases on their in the last two years. Its inexpensive...
      02-07-2014, 03:10 PM   #6
zoltans4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '14 650 coupe

For further clarification it is not like sub-letting an apartment or anything. You are transferring the lease, once the approval from BMW financial comes you have ZERO responsibility anymore and completely walk away.
BMW is quite lenient in doing this and it makes BMW leasing quite fun.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #7
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Hey... how does does "swap a lease work", exactly...?

I ask because my 650 is my first lease. I am happy with the car so far, but I was already planning on getting a CPO 2-3 year old X6M once the lease is up on my GC.

Looking at your car has me SERIOUSLY reconsidering my future car plans, lol. Your car is stunning, inside and out. I could definitely keep that as a weekend car!

I'm in Queens, so Rockland COunty is not that far if and when the time comes where you wanna d oa swap for the weekend.., lol.

On a serious note, I am asking how the lease swap works because I wouldn't mind getting out of my Alpine White GC, if I can have the Sakir Orange with white interior for the same lease payment...

By the Way, don't feel bad about your age matching the car you drive. I am sure there are HUNDREDS of 20 something year olds that will love to take the car off your hands. Drive that amazing machine in good health and stay safe on the Palisades, where I'm sure you will want to floor it... if you haven't done so already!
Are you referring to the Palisades PKWY which is located in NJ?
When I travelled to NJ during Christmas, I was driving on a beautiful pkwy, just wanna ask are we talking about the same staff now?
991.2 GT3 (coming)
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #8
brianeck
Rep

Well that's good news for all of us early lease enders. I didn't realize it was a full on lease transfer I thought you still had some responsibility. That's even better. I know stuff like the Wheel and Tire Package is also transferable so if that is built into the lease then whoever takes over also has the protection plan as well.

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 04:49 PM   #9
zoltans4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '14 650 coupe

Quote:
Well that's good news for all of us early lease enders. I didn't realize it was a full on lease transfer I thought you still had some responsibility. That's even better. I know stuff like the Wheel and Tire Package is also transferable so if that is built into the lease then whoever takes over also has the protection plan as well.
thats correct. that and the lease wear and tear option people get are perks too, new leasees love that stuff.

Have fun with the car! It is a bit more grown up, but a GT car with some balls is a very fun car to have while you keep it around. When your weather perks up take a little road trip you will love it!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 07:32 PM   #10
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:

Swap a lease. . .

In essence its almost like sub-letting an apartment, but for all intensive purposes the new lessee is responsible for the car. If you have a decent lease rate it is generally attractive for potential swappers because they don't have to put a down payment up, and some people don't necessarily want a cookie cutter 3 year 1200 mile lease etc. I'll keep your info Samurai, very likely I'll be jumping ship for an M3 towards June/July. . . I'm too busy with work to bother any sooner then that, and I'm not really going to be in a massive rush since I have a great car in the mean time.
Thanks for the info! Yes, keep me in mind when you decide to switch out. I have no problem with meeting you at the dealership, so the three of us (you, me and the dealer) and we can hash out available option and crunch numbers. Don't forget me!!

You may change your mind however, due to the fact that the 650i GC provides for an amazing driving experience, and yours is quite the looker, so inside and out, you WILL enjoy that car for as long as you have it. Just stay safe, whatever you do.
      02-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #11
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep

Black out the chrome accents Bro, and your car will be perfect.
My next BMW gonna be your color.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 07:40 PM   #12
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzj519 View Post
Are you referring to the Palisades PKWY which is located in NJ?
When I travelled to NJ during Christmas, I was driving on a beautiful pkwy, just wanna ask are we talking about the same staff now?
I'm not sure if we ar talking about the same road, but it is quite possible. The Palisades PKWY starts/ends on the NY side of the GWB and travels North/South. It definitely crosses over into Jersey territory here and there.

I'm only familiar with it because it is a beautiful, smooth two lane HWY that me and a couple friends of mine like to take the bikes out of the traffic of the city and have some fun. Usually start at the gas station at the start end, then head up to West Point for luch, then come back down. Just be careful when driving on the Palisades and keep an eye out for Troopers and Deer.
      02-07-2014, 08:32 PM   #13
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
I'm not sure if we ar talking about the same road, but it is quite possible. The Palisades PKWY starts/ends on the NY side of the GWB and travels North/South. It definitely crosses over into Jersey territory here and there.

I'm only familiar with it because it is a beautiful, smooth two lane HWY that me and a couple friends of mine like to take the bikes out of the traffic of the city and have some fun. Usually start at the gas station at the start end, then head up to West Point for luch, then come back down. Just be careful when driving on the Palisades and keep an eye out for Troopers and Deer.
I think we are talking about the same one. It's true it's a beautiful road. Hope we also have one in Ontario.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 09:07 AM   #14
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

BMW Leases & Other

First off, color is amazing. They have a 650vert at the Chicago auto show in this color and it was stunning. Kept wondering how great it would look on the new M3....

Couple of things about BMW leases..
1. Some people like to pay extra security deposits. This lowers your money factor (aka interest rate) and thus your lease payment. Except..... you are out that money until you turn in the lease...meaning if you swap the lease to someone else, THEY GET THE MONEY AT THE END OF THE LEASE. So you have to then convince them to fork over the cash to YOU before they assume the lease and this is not fun/easy.
2. BMW will not allow you out of the lease in the final 6 months.

The age comments are interesting....
As I told a friend of mine I might be thinking 3 series (or the new 4GC) he was like - dude, at your age, you should not be in a 3-series (ahem, 46). I thought that was kind of funny, but now that I'm reading the age comments about the 6 series, maybe not I do have a friend my age in an A8L and I'm always giving him crap about driving an old man's car, so....

Last but not least... I love great handling nimble cars. Thus the want/desire to get out of my X6. The comments about the 6GC are reminding me that I might be trading a boat for a boat. Ugh...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 09:53 AM   #15
davuusM6GC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

I always felt it went like this:
20-30 years old: 3 series
30-40 years old: 5 series
40-50 years old: 6 or 7 series.

I always thought this made sense (typically, but there are exceptions of course) due to the typical rise in income, size in family (20-30 usually single, 30-40 younger kids, etc), etc. but with how good the 6 GC looks, I'm not surprised the younger kids are trading up for it! I myself will be getting the 640 for my 40th bday...been driving 5 series for last 9 years. Right according to my schedule!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 01:05 PM   #16
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davuusM6GC;*****888
I always felt it went like this:
20-30 years old: 3 series
30-40 years old: 5 series
40-50 years old: 6 or 7 series.

I always thought this made sense (typically, but there are exceptions of course) due to the typical rise in income, size in family (20-30 usually single, 30-40 younger kids, etc), etc. but with how good the 6 GC looks, I'm not surprised the younger kids are trading up for it! I myself will be getting the 640 for my 40th bday...been driving 5 series for last 9 years. Right according to my schedule!
And most M drivers are 20 to 30 years old No matter m3 or m5 or even m6.
This is the fact in Toronto Canada. Most BMW m drivers are 20 to 30 years old.
Most 30 to 40 year old folks prefer MB AMG.

Last edited by wzj519; 02-08-2014 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: more info
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 01:45 PM   #17
BillCB
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i X Gran Coupe M Sport

Garage List
Not me. MB is too burgermeister for me. I'm over 60.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 02:03 PM   #18
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzj519 View Post
And most M drivers are 20 to 30 years old No matter m3 or m5 or even m6.
This is the fact in Toronto Canada. Most BMW m drivers are 20 to 30 years old.
Most 30 to 40 year old folks prefer MB AMG.
I'm willing to bet that the average age for a M owner (especially M5/M6) is 40+. However, in terms of factual information (as opposed to you and I guessing)...

Lexus has the oldest average customer of the three leading luxury brands in the U.S., according to Strategic Vision, which annually surveys tens of thousands of car shoppers. The average Lexus buyer is 61, compared with 54 for Mercedes and 49 for BMW.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 02:42 PM   #19
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillCB View Post
Not me. MB is too burgermeister for me. I'm over 60.
Checked your garage list, you're a pure BMW guy.
991.2 GT3 (coming)
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 02:46 PM   #20
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
I'm willing to bet that the average age for a M owner (especially M5/M6) is 40+. However, in terms of factual information (as opposed to you and I guessing)...

Lexus has the oldest average customer of the three leading luxury brands in the U.S., according to Strategic Vision, which annually surveys tens of thousands of car shoppers. The average Lexus buyer is 61, compared with 54 for Mercedes and 49 for BMW.
My saying was just based on my experience, , No statistic testified...
I have seen 20+ M5s in Toronto area, and all of them were driven by some 20+ year old folks, two were driven by two Chinese girls.
991.2 GT3 (coming)
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 03:54 PM   #21
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

beautiful color combo. Congrats

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0