BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

02-04-2017, 12:43 PM   #1
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Headlight Panel Gap Close Up

Hi all

Can anyone take a picture close up of where their headlights meet the body side panel? I had mine replaced under warranty yesterday and I think they might have fit them a bit incorrectly, i.e. there is a gap between the light and the body panel that I can't remember if it was there before. The lights as a whole look fine but this is a little concerning.

Also the strip on the xenon lights that extend from the bonnet shut - can you let me know where yours lines up? Pics would be great too.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 09:05 AM   #2
Scottiedog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435d GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325_bucks View Post
Hi all

Can anyone take a picture close up of where their headlights meet the body side panel? I had mine replaced under warranty yesterday and I think they might have fit them a bit incorrectly, i.e. there is a gap between the light and the body panel that I can't remember if it was there before. The lights as a whole look fine but this is a little concerning.

Also the strip on the xenon lights that extend from the bonnet shut - can you let me know where yours lines up? Pics would be great too.

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 10:54 AM   #3
325_bucks
Captain
Rep

haha so this IS a massive failure by BMW then!

Name:  gap3.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  974.8 KB
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 11:17 AM   #4
Scottiedog
Captain
Rep

Quote:
haha so this IS a massive failure by BMW then!

Attachment 1567748
Spoke to a mate yesterday who bought a used x3 from a BMW dealer. Guess what? They didn't balance the wheels thus a wobble at speed. Are some of these technicians able to tie their shoe laces? It baffles me how some simple stuff can go un noticed! Hope you get the light sorted.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 11:42 AM   #5
325_bucks
Captain
Rep

I've sent the service guy a strongly worded email with lots of annotated pictures saying that I don't expect this level of service from BMW. Also they obviously didn't put any seat covered down on my ivory leather that I had just cleaned and they were covered in grease again. took a fair bit of scrubbing to get them back to normal
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 04:00 AM   #6
Scottiedog
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I've sent the service guy a strongly worded email with lots of annotated pictures saying that I don't expect this level of service from BMW. Also they obviously didn't put any seat covered down on my ivory leather that I had just cleaned and they were covered in grease again. took a fair bit of scrubbing to get them back to normal
That's funny my ivory was dotted with grease too from the last dealer visit. I mean really how bloody hard is it to get these simple things right!
Appreciate 0