BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-17-2014, 06:18 AM   #1
stevel123
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayman GTS

UK F13 M6 Akrapovic Owners

Having picked up my M6 in March, I have thought and thought about the Akrapovic exhaust for my car...yes / but / no / but / yes / but / no
I have seen an endless stream of Akrapovic M6's on youtube and been pointed towards lots of them from members on here so thankyou for that.

So, to the reason for this post, are there any F13 M6 owners with Akrapovic in the UK that are happy to meet so I can hear the car in the flesh.
I am based in the West Midlands but work in Canary Wharf (London) so happy to travel north or south of M6 J10 to listen to it in person..... It is a sizeable amount of money to 'invest' in something that I may then find is beyond my comfort zone.

Cheers
Steve
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 02:51 PM   #2
michel lane
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13

I have decided to do a custom exhaust setup with the stock unit . Removing the resonators, changing the X section to straight flow and taking the baffles out of the rear section should give it a better note but keeping the stock look. The plus side is that the active valve still works with the ecu , which means , nice and tamed on startup but not madly loud around the town .

I have also purchased the active exhaust valve gadget , to open the unit if I wish while below 4k .This will come in at around £400 compared to the 3-4k for an aftermarket unit .

Hoping to fit it next week , ready for my ring trip .
Appreciate 0