BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

07-11-2023, 08:28 AM   #1
gioo_0909
///Master
Rep
Drives: 2018 F06 LCI M6 GC Competition

Eventuri Air Intake in combination with the front Night Vision camera option ???

Hello everyone!
Is there any benefit at all to install the Eventuri Air Intakes on the F06/F12/F13 M6 with the front Night Vision camera option? Namely, the Eventuri store told me that I cannot install the front scoop if the car has the Night Camera option. However, in their opinion I can still get the benefit of the intake itself without the scoop. They predict some gains in power of around 10-15 hp (which in this case is a bit too optimistic statement). What do you think, has someone already installed this, what are the experiences, advantages and disadvantages?
      07-11-2023, 08:45 AM   #2
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
I do not have the Eventuri intake but It is a nice looking kit. I do have the night vision option on my car. You could go with something like RKautowerks Carbon Fiber intake which places the filter behind the grills. There are other kits that use metal tubes but the CF looks very much at home in these engine compartment.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2023, 02:26 PM   #3
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

I have the same issue and was wondering about that myself. If the intake isn't in contact with the camera, does it really affect anything? Not sure. However, Dinan makes a very nice CF intake that sits on top of the grill. Might be worth a look-see.
https://www.dinancars.com/products/i...arts/D760-0037

Appreciate 1